Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Discuss RPGs, video games, films, series, books. No political, religious or other serious debates, this is a hobby forum.

Moderator: SagaDC

Trlberdrcem
Initiate

Re: RED0X

Post by Trlberdrcem » May 14th, 2012, 11:00 pm

welcome here!!!
I hope you can enjoy here and make yourself at home!!!
There are three faithful friends - an old wife, an old dog, and ready money.

Stargazer
Novice

Re: The wasteland and the art of motorcycle maintenance

Post by Stargazer » June 11th, 2012, 5:19 am

Nice!

smayragrace
Initiate

Re: So, hi i'm shaggy and i'm a alch......hey wait!!!

Post by smayragrace » June 14th, 2012, 10:17 am

Hello I am Smayra and new bie here..

TheLastOutlaw
Initiate

Re: The wasteland and the art of motorcycle maintenance

Post by TheLastOutlaw » July 9th, 2012, 6:40 am

*bows* Thank you.
Stupidity got us into this, why can't it get us out?

freezingwreck
Initiate

freezingwreck

Post by freezingwreck » July 16th, 2012, 9:42 pm

Ive seen some shit but I smoked them all away...

Elexa
Novice

The Priestess...

Post by Elexa » July 18th, 2012, 2:06 am

Years have passed... her face, inches from the wall that she had been set before as an acolyte. Every day, she dedicated hours upon hours to her passion, even though her training took her from one end of the Citadel to the other. The marks of time worn heavy upon her, whether it was the worry lines that traveled across her brow, or the battle scars that she bore across her body, every sunrise was the beginning of a new struggle, and every sunset that she saw was another medal of honor she wore proudly upon her soul... yet it was a certain passion of hers that helped her live through each day, and to be the strength within the Guardians that others looked up to, and aided her as a Priestess.

Stepping away from the wall for the last time, she gazes upon her accomplishment: images of Darwin, Genghis Khan, F-16s, Hitler, the Green Bay Packers, Santa Claus, Tutankhamen, and a mushroom cloud... the last drops of paint upon the Premacorin Mural have been added, and in a VERY small corner, in an inconspicuous location, she signs her name...

~Elexa~
Stare Death in the eyes. Make him blink.

Ratboy
Acolyte

Ratboy the wanderer

Post by Ratboy » August 2nd, 2012, 7:17 am

Always need a good source of water nearby.... gotta remember that. Not that I go thirsty, I know where the caches of water are in this neck of the wastes, its just more comfortable than rubbing sand all over your body to get the blood off. Don't mind sand too much but rubbing sand in this beard makes it tickle and its hard to sleep with a tickle. Mind you, keeps you alert.

Being alert is the only reason you smashed that muties head in and got the drop on him before he and his friends could make off with your shopping cart. Good thing they didn't try to move it more than a few feet. The explosion would have been heard for miles and you're too big too run that far.

But now you're sticky as hell and the bugs are noticing you. Wash that blood off before they swarm and give you a rash or worse. Don't need an infestation hatching out of our leg or arm.

Well, look at this. He had a few friends. Guess he owed them money cause they don't look too interested in him, but that cart of mine... well, there's enough ordnance in there to level a city square.

Keep smiling, that's right. Wave them over like you're their best friend. Group them together and you'll bleed less later when you clean up the stragglers. Just walk up slow to the cart... push the button, alright.

What's that? Don't like buckshot? That noise will bring them swarming. Gotta push this old girl into them and hope the razor wire cuts them up good.

Ouch, that pipe to the head won't feel good later. I cut up three of them on the first bash. Dizzy now. Don't want to lose control. Gotta keep it together. Get back you fuckface. Shit you're ugly. Kiss this. Shit. My arm.

Ugh, can feel it coming on now. Thought I could keep him down for a while. Geez, there's what, six of them.... too few, this'll be a warmup. Gah, he's putting it on. I'm losing it...

YOU BASTARDS ARE GONNA FEEL THE PAIN. DOES THAT FEEL GOOD, EH! YOU FUCKERS. RATBOY IS GONNA BRING DOWN ALL THE PRETENDERS. JUST LIKE I CRUSHED 'THE ALUMINUM CHEF' AND 'CAPTAIN COJONES' BACK IN THE RING. THOSE PINKOS CAN'T WALK WORTH A DAMN NOW.

1 ... 2... 3... YOU'RE OUT..

<CRUNCHING>

1... 2.. 3... SHIIIITT...

<SNAPPING>

1... 2... 3... AAAAAAAA

<YELLING>

1... 2... WHAT, COULDN'T MAKE IT TO 3!!! AH HA HA HA, YOU.. YEAH YOU.. COME HERE...

<SCREAMING>

1... 2... 3... HEY, YOU TWO LEFT THE RING. YOU'RE DISQUALIFIED..!!!

STOP RUNNING! HEY, WHERE'D EVERYONE GO? HMM, WHERE IS THAT NOW, OH YEAh. IT's in the CART. The BELT.. the title BELT. Oh geez, its fading. THAT GODDAMN bum is taking OVER. He only lets me play with the little men when he's not shooting them with that GODDAMN cart.

Hands coming up , can't stop it. Don't take the mask off. Don't do it. I belong in the RING, not the dressing room. You bastard. GIVE ME MY BELT. I'M NUMBER ONE.

rchelidream
Initiate

Re: At the gate of the Ranger Center

Post by rchelidream » August 10th, 2012, 7:46 pm

The party above is based off one of my favorite parties - not the first I played, but the first I saved.

Rc Helicopters Reviews|Rc Helicopter

Suburban Ninja
Initiate

Getting in touch with old videogame magic

Post by Suburban Ninja » August 21st, 2012, 2:49 pm

Hello, i'm a fresh new Wasteland 2-forum user. I'm also one of the many backers of the original kickstarter project. I look forward to see (and play) the game in 2013 :mrgreen:

johny
Initiate

Hello Everyone

Post by johny » August 23rd, 2012, 5:06 pm

My name is John. I am new to this forum. I am 22/m. i lived in USA. I am Engineer by profession. Hope i'll Enjoy my stay here. Feel good to be here. :)

kirpid
Initiate

Kirk McCosker

Post by kirpid » August 27th, 2012, 6:51 am

Hey my name is Kirk and I'm an artist, writer and huge fallout fan. I love the dark humor in these games and this game sounds like a good way to experiment with game oriented storytelling.

vencruise
Initiate

Intoduction

Post by vencruise » August 27th, 2012, 4:16 pm

hello guys my name is ven cruise and i am student and i am vew on this forum..................................

emmalong
Initiate

hello

Post by emmalong » August 28th, 2012, 3:02 pm

my name is emma long i saw the kickstarter page today for wasteland 2 and watched the videos on the page there and it made me laugh :lol: fallout is one of my favourite game franchises so i decide to join this forum and help shape wasteland 2 . ive never played wasteland 1 but its obviously what inspired fallout i have also played fallout 1 and 2 both great games and im looking forward to this .

and excuse my bad english i am not a english native !
~ der letzte kuss ist so lang her
~ der letzte kuss
~ er erinnert sich nicht mehr ...

i <3 r+ <*_*>"

VitaminK
Novice

Greets

Post by VitaminK » October 16th, 2012, 9:31 pm

Hello, a fan of the genre, never played Wasteland 1 but am excited to see what its all about with Wasteland 2.

See you around the forums!
inXile fanboy, Wasteland survivor
Follow me on twitch.tv and see me get owned or once in awhile have a good run!

napton
Initiate

Re: Intoduction

Post by napton » October 19th, 2012, 2:46 am

hello friend
myself Napton and i am from india. I am new to this forum and i love to play pc games very much.

Arcanix
Master

Greetings.

Post by Arcanix » October 25th, 2012, 8:32 am

An introduction is always nice. So, hello. I come in peace.

41, male, swedish. Gamer and a diehard Fallout fan.

A friend told me about this Wasteland 2 project and thats basically the only reason i´m here. I´ve posted some of my ideas on the boards already. Focus seems to be on traits and perks at the moment. Still have much to read up on, trying to get the heart and soul of the game.

Never played Wasteland 1. Back in 1986-88 i played on Amiga 500, Commodore 64, ABC-80 and a MAC. Picked up Fallout 1 though, never looked back.

What else?

I don´t own a car.
March 24th, 2014, 4:13 am
Drool wrote:WL2 being turn-based is bad enough.

jericdsons
Initiate

Re: Greetings stranger

Post by jericdsons » December 2nd, 2012, 5:34 pm

20, male, usa. fall out 1,2 lover, i hear a lot in wasteland and planescape..cant wait for wasteland 2,,so good to have here guys! :)

Thanks!
Begin to be now what you will be hereafter.
William James dagger

Governor_Explosion
Initiate

Greetings!

Post by Governor_Explosion » December 3rd, 2012, 7:51 pm

I'm Molly, I'm 21, and I'm from the United States.

I'm in a weird situation-- I've unfortunately never played the original Wasteland, nor have I played any of the Fallout games (Please forgive me, Mr. Fargo!), because I use a Mac. Part of the appeal of this game for me was that I could finally experience something similar after watching my friends play Fallout 3 and New Vegas, and thinking they look like a lot of fun. The nuclear fallout backstory really drew me in, too. Looking forward to having a lot of fun with this game, and finally having a proper introduction to Western RPG's.
Will put something here soon.

Wanderer
Scholar

Re: Greetings!

Post by Wanderer » December 7th, 2012, 3:16 am

There are some great RPGs that work on Mac, like the original Fallout and The Witcher. You can buy them on GOG for ten bucks.
http://www.gog.com/catalogue

McDougle
Adventurer

Re: Greetings!

Post by McDougle » December 7th, 2012, 7:47 am

Welcome aboard Molly! :)
You´ll enjoy this game, you´ll see. ;)
This time around in 2013... we will already be playing and eagerly waiting for the official modding tools! :D (and trying to mod the game anyhow... at least I know I will xD)

I always hear how great the Witcher is... but afaik that was the one without customization(like Dragon Age, eh?)... which always drove me away.
>When I said “no” I felt like a kid who had to stay inside and practice the piano while all his friends got to go eat ice cream and have awesome sex on the moon.<Pat Rothfuss
Shadowrun Returns videos (LetsPlays, Editor Tutorials, Modding)