Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Discuss RPGs, video games, films, series, books. No political, religious or other serious debates, this is a hobby forum.

Moderator: SagaDC

FizbanWho
Initiate

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Post by FizbanWho » September 3rd, 2015, 3:49 pm

Hello All!

Names Ed and been doing D&D for quite a number of years both in role play teams and PC. Early years was with a C-64 :-O . A US citizen, ex-military now retired.

cloud985
Initiate

Post by cloud985 » September 14th, 2015, 3:33 am

Hi guys, I'm Matt, from Sydney. Just started playing game, so far, I'm pleased. :) (first part, of course. I want to follow the story from the begginning. :))

Danest
Initiate

Post by Danest » September 15th, 2015, 5:37 am

Hello all. I go all the way back to the Atari 2600. Then, Intellivision, and commodore 64, amiga, etc. I'm no stranger to old games and love every remake from those old golden days. I remember fondly the original wasteland and Bard's Tales... and Ultimas and so many more. ;)

tweetious
Initiate

Post by tweetious » September 24th, 2015, 3:17 pm

Greetings from Greece! Male 35, this is my first post. Looking forward for The Bard's Tale IV release

SagebrushRebel
Initiate

Post by SagebrushRebel » October 7th, 2015, 2:32 pm

Howdy. I'm SagebrushRebel, I'm 24 from Idaho. I play a lot of FPS games, but my favorite kind of game is the RPG. Been looking forward to the DC release on PS4. Hope to see you 'round.

Hudson
Initiate

Post by Hudson » November 4th, 2015, 7:36 am

Greetings fellow Rangers, my name is Hudson and I'm 31 years old coming at you live from Missouri. I spent most of my childhood and teenage years playing everything from classics such as XCOM, Fallout 1&2, Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment, Diablo 1&2, System Shock 1&2 and Arcanum (oh how I miss Troika) to odd gems like Odium (Gorky 17) and of course masterpieces like Parasite Eve, Silent Hill 1-4, and Resident Evil 1-3.

In my spare time when I'm not working as a remote computer support technician I enjoy playing electric guitar, tinkering and creating my own. I'm currently making a 50-60's inspired Stratocaster in green/blue/yellow metallic with Warmoth parts, aged pearl pickguard, and custom shop texas specials with a homemade coil for the bridge.

Last but not least I'm currently enjoying Wasteland 2: Director's Cut on my PS4, for me personally it's the BiS 'Fallout 3' that I've been waiting over ten years for and it does not disappoint! :)
“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.” - Calvin & Hobbes

GIgismondo
Initiate

Post by GIgismondo » November 25th, 2015, 12:52 pm

Hello. I'm Paolo from Italy.
Glad to be here.

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

Post by Orpheus the Bard » December 18th, 2015, 12:30 pm

Don't know if I have already said hello here....

Yet, most of their posts on the second last page was from earlier this year and I'm pretty sure I haven't been here that long. As I only joined within the last weeks of the end of K.S.

I've only been aware of Kick-Starter since early 2013 and that was when I still had more than a few thousand put away in my bank.

A few Kick-Starters later, and I've been living from fortnight to fortnight after buying a very expensive computer set-up towards the end 2013. That I'm still paying off due to unforseen circumstances.

Not sure why I said all that...but I'm also very familiar with the Bard's Tale being my first or second exploration into a computerised reality based on the table-top role-playing games. Minus the role playing, it more like just playing......

I won't bore you all with the details how and why I never finished playing any of the Bard's Tale games except the last one. That a lot of you might not even consider a legitimate B.T. game.

I was thrilled when I learnt this game was being made and asking for help from fans. Right now, ...I find it hard really offer any advice or opinion here. I just can't find a good opening for myself.

I have tried to start playing the old games again, right from the start via purchase of the latest game through Steam earlier this year. Yes, they released the older games and all three of them are acessable from a menu within the latest game. It's kind of trippy going back to game this old and they don't make a lot of like this anymore. Strangely, I wouldn't appreciate too many other games using the exact same formula. It works for Bard's Tale and Ultima or Wizardry (I used to play that Dark-Savant game too and thought it was cool for a while.)

The old game is as difficult as it was from the beginning and perhaps a little more graphically superior than it was. As I don't such well animated monster portraits. Still drawn like for game back in the day, but better. It's bloody hard, because, of the maze like streets of Skara-Brae and even when using online maps. I killed off a entire rosters of Guild -Adventurers in the short time I've played since late last night. Not making enough money or preferring run rather than fight and often still getting stuck in a fight with up to seven Orcs, Barbarians or Nomads. My last party of adventures were all finished off by Zombies. Which begs a question about a chance for automatic-resurrection or may be that's not what I want and in more realistic game would those newly risen, but would your uncontrollable undead former companions need to be put down permanently.

CONTINUED LATER.....

Palin
Initiate

Post by Palin » December 18th, 2015, 1:30 pm

Hello I'm Giuseppe from Italy. I just received my backer badge and I'm trying to test it, besides greeting all the community.

I'm a big Planescape: Torment fan and I think I won't be disappointed by Times of Numenera.

macksting
Explorer

Post by macksting » December 18th, 2015, 5:11 pm

I certainly look forward to it. A friend of mine has the alpha and gave me a chance to try it out (he's decent tier backer), and from that perspective I have reason to hope.

JoniOdin
Novice

Post by JoniOdin » December 25th, 2015, 10:10 pm

Hey y'all!

I'm 28, male, German.

As a ~ 10 - 12 year old I mainly played games like Age of Empires II but discovered RPG's when the first Gothic came out.
Until this day Gothic remains my favourite game (especially because of the superb atmosphere and setting), but Planescape: Torment (which I played years later) is a very close 2nd.
Since many years I only play RPG's and some Telltale or Telltale-like Adevntures (except for an occasional Day of Defeat match every couple of months), and I've gotten more "conservative" over the years, meaning I started out loving Mass Effect, but now I'm not into that streamlined shit anymore but rather like old-school RPG's like Age of Decadence for example.

The most important aspects in any RPG (or game for that matter) for me are meaningful choice & consequences, story and atmosphere. Also a rich class, skill and perk system is important.
Everything else is just a bonus and usually doesn't bother me that much.

My top 5 games are Gothic, PS: T, Kotor II, Deus Ex and Dragon Age: Origins, but there are many other I love and could have mentioned here.

I'm pretty axcited about inXile and their attempt at reviving classic RPG's!
I bought Wasteland 2 and liked it a lot.
Also, I backed Torment: Tides of Numenéra with the biggest sum compared to my other Kickstarter backings.

I might add that I'm active on the RPG Codex™ forums, just so you know what's coming for you. :D

Myrth
Acolyte

Post by Myrth » December 31st, 2015, 9:05 am

Tomasz Kowolik, 32 years old.

Teacher, hydrologist, cartographer. Amateur sailor. Pole. Husband.

Original Wasteland is one of three games that had absolutely blown my mind (the other being Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and Tomb Raider) and that's somewhat a reason why I'm on this forum right now. I enjoy quality storytelling in all media, minimal music (as a genre) and Indonesian cousine. I highly dislike cynism and fantasy literature.

The real reason why I'm on this forum is this gives me at least some other thing to do than thinking how fucked up my country is after the latest elections and about 2-5 ground-breaking, authoritarian reforms per day. "Stupid Pollacks" indeed

And happy new years! I think next post will be tomorrow after noon, if I will manage to get sober, because this new year eve will go like this: http://i.imgur.com/zQLT2Ug.jpg ("Time to forget this year")

macksting
Explorer

Post by macksting » December 31st, 2015, 9:28 am

In the interest of keeping your mind off dismal politics and the possible rise of 21st century fascism, any examples of good minimal music you can point out or link here?

Myrth
Acolyte

Post by Myrth » January 1st, 2016, 11:42 am

Since I'm too wasted to elaborate - just go through Philiph Glass, Henryk Górecki and early stuff from Terry Riley. Certain pieces from Vangelis can also qualify under minimalism, just like Jarre Jr. Really, the whole thing is one step from ambient and synthesizers of the late 70s and early 80s - the music I was rised on.

And The Revenant makes a great drinking game - take a shot each time DiCaprio grunts and two when maimed. The bear encounter can break weaker contestants. Cheers

IHaveHugeNick
Master

Post by IHaveHugeNick » January 1st, 2016, 3:10 pm

throw Steve Reich to that list, too.
Two rite whiff care is quite a feet of witch won should be proud.

Myrth
Acolyte

Post by Myrth » January 1st, 2016, 3:51 pm

IHaveHugeNick wrote:Steve Reich
Let's try to quote a lenghty and hard-to-translate anecdote - "I know... but I don't like"

AndreasM
Initiate

Post by AndreasM » January 3rd, 2016, 12:49 am

Hello :)

draeath
Initiate

Post by draeath » January 18th, 2016, 9:46 pm

Hi folks! Sorry I'm late to the party, I got lost in the parking lot!

macksting
Explorer

Post by macksting » January 19th, 2016, 1:49 am

Welcome aboard, recruit.

Jonasz
Initiate

Post by Jonasz » January 29th, 2016, 5:57 am

Hello everybody, this is my first post.
I from Poland (34 years old) and I work every day as a graphic. In Platige Image. My portfolio https://www.artstation.com/artist/jonasz
I hope that I would be a good time visiting this forum. Cheers!