Page 8 of 11

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Posted: September 26th, 2014, 3:43 pm
by IHaveHugeNick
You're all so old. And probably have beards too. This is a creepy place.

YSL - 33 , male, Poland. Professional editor. I enjoy fart jokes and necromancy. Playing RPGs since the early 90s and I still explode with fury and rage each time loot chest won't open.

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Posted: October 23rd, 2014, 7:33 pm
by Larva
Hello, my real name probably isn't Larva (*relieved*) and I am under 30 (*remembers fear of death*).

I am able to appreciate the things that I hate and learn bits and pieces from my innumerable failures, ignoring frustration, mostly, in the never-ending search for that unreachable perfection.

Torment brought me here but I also have a lesser amount of curiosity about Wasteland and Wasteland 2.

Maybe, some day, when we are acquainted with the more specific parts of this new Torment, I could bring myself to contribute with some fan-art.

(*oddly anticipates the long wait until release*)

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Posted: October 31st, 2014, 8:15 am
by Grandpa
Old, retired, limited patience, with 7 month old son. Yeah, I hear he will increase my patience level! LOL...
East coast US...
Not a big gamer in the sense of every waking moment, and definitely not a "shooter" fan.
Have been a big fan of the Bard and replayed that with most combinations. Thinking of buying no weapons next time through...see how it goes. Have taken it to 1,000,000 silver. <yawn> Stromness keeps generating enemy and with unlimited arrows and lots of help...well you know.

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Posted: December 5th, 2014, 3:03 pm
by Ze_ev
Hi all,

I'm Ze'ev, almost 30, from the Hub. I was drawn here by Wasteland 2 and Torment. I'm enjoying Wasteland 2 a bunch but really want to see what the mod kid will let me do as the hex editing has gotten tedious.

Studied CompSci, did some IT, and now into History. As far as cRPG's go I'm a fan of Fan of Fallout, Fallout 2, Infinity Engine games, and Arcanum. I am also a big fan of strategy games like the Total War series, Total Annihilation, Master of Orion series (including Master of Magic), Fragile Allegiance, and a few other odd games round out my favorites: System Shock 2, Interstate 76, Tie Fighter, Doom, Quake 2, Descent (I and II), .

I love to mod games, and have played around a bunch with Total Annihilation, Total War (Medieval II and beyond), and Rainbow Six.

Also love table top games and pen and paper RPG's a bunch. Mostly an advocate/GM for GURPS.

Forgot to mention: Syndicate Wars

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Posted: December 6th, 2014, 7:45 pm
by HalloweenWeed
Hi I'm an old PC gamer, married. Been playing PC games since I made my own games on the TRS-80 (mod. III) in Radio Shack stores (couldn't get my parents to buy one), made Yahtzee and hangman. 1st PC in about '88 and so many games I won't bother to try to list them. First sound card was Adlib. Never could afford 3DFX cards. I also played and loved Total Annihilation (trouble was the AI was too easy, even on hardest, even with AI "cheat" mod). I played the heck out of that one, and many dozens of custom maps and mods. Didn't like Starcraft II - needed to be able to pause, look at map paused, and give orders; so I never played the C&C series either. Played most of the Elder Scrolls series, but only really loved Skyrim - the best game ever, and my wife agrees. Fry Cry 3 was the second best, with caveats of course.

I love good tank games that don't get so hung up on simulation that they forget to make it really fun - like the Codename: Panzer series, or CoH series. CoD series was pretty fun too. Homeworld and Sins of a Solar Empire and Galactic Civilizations II for space games, and Portal series for the most unique and fun game.


I am limited to shitty Satellite Internet service due to my location, and it causes too much lag for most online games, however me and my wife were able to play ESO for many months (the fun/time invested ratio is terrible) of PvE. Played a bit of Battlefield 1942 multi, but lag would eventually kick me after about 20min. or sooner. That was fun though while it lasted.


Oh yeah I should mention my, our, speakers rock the house when turned up, subwoofers and all. Nice clear undistorted sound with great frequency distribution. Great sound reproduction is important to me, just as important as my 24" LED/LCD IPS display running on my dual 7870s in Xfire and my OCd hexacore (6-core) CPU. My wife has the same but a quad-core CPU. Asus Rampage series mobos. Mine is water-cooled but a sealed-loop AIO unit (H100). You can see them here:
Mine - "Adam": ModsRigs BuildID 25610 http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?buildid=25610
Wife's - "Eve": ModsRigs BuildID 27616 http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?buildid=27616
(I haven't updated them with the Xfire yet)

Now I did enjoy Wasteland 2 until I hit this 'Prison' wall (see that forum). Now I'm beginning to think a bug has bit me. Too bad.

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Posted: December 14th, 2014, 1:07 am
by Firkraag
Hi, Rangers and Forgotten folks.

I came here for some interesting T:Ton discussions.

I'm 23, from Ukraine, my name is Jierdan Firkraag and I'm impostor. I've taken a name of dead dragon, as a reminder that being trapped in chain of hatred and veangence might get you killed, even if you're as old and powerful, as adult red dragon. And as reminder, that in most cases, such games doesn't really give you a choise to persuade or intimidate your opponent out of the fight. Sadly.

Years before, was a time, when I have a lot of video game journals, but any console or PC. It was fun, because back there I developed some imagination which later led me into the world of tRPG... But I'm carried away. At the time, I was feverish about RPGs like Baldur's Gate 1, 2 and Throne of Bhaal, Icewind Dale 1 and 2, Planescape: Torment... Time passed and I got my hands on them, when my list of acquaintances began to expand. And it was only the beginning. Neverwinter Nights, Arcanum, Lionheart, Lamentation Sword and some others... And it was friggin' awesome!

By strange twist of fate, my player's expirience mixes some of the old games and some of the newer, but somehow I missed Fallout series until F3 came out in 2008. I think, it's decent game for it's time, relatively poor on spectacular and epic games. And after that someone told me:
"Pike some Fallout 2, berk. You'll know a dark."
"Fine," - I said.

Trust, me, I still think, F3 has it's crowning moments of awesome. It's different game, but good. After all, I played it for weeks. But after that, I still remember, it was Friday's evening, I installed F2, and... Hm. And then I was distracted. It was morning. 10:00 AM, and some ruckus and noise outside: firefighters tried to extinguish a smoke on rooftop of adjacent porch (so it was my own building), and there was my neighbours on the street, looking up... And then I realized. It was Monday. And winter session in my University will begin in few weeks, and I'm still not ready for it. That's why I uninstalled the game, closed my apartment and left to breath fresh air. Gosh, how I wanted to sleep in that moment...
From that time I'm still playing Fallout 2, yet in very small portions...
In this light, I should add, that I like Wasteland 2, still not finished a game, but I like it's exploration and combat. (BTW, Shadowrun: Dragonfall's story I like more than WL2. Sorry, guys, I'm heathen).

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Posted: December 14th, 2014, 10:06 am
by HalloweenWeed
Firkraag wrote:Hi, Rangers and Forgotten folks.

I came here for some interesting T:Ton discussions.

I'm 23, from Ukraine, my name is Jierdan Firkraag and I'm impostor. I've taken a name of dead dragon, as a reminder that being trapped in chain of hatred and veangence might get you killed, even if you're as old and powerful, as adult red dragon. And as reminder, that in most cases, such games doesn't really give you a choise to persuade or intimidate your opponent out of the fight. Sadly.

Years before, was a time, when I have a lot of video game journals, but any console or PC. It was fun, because back there I developed some imagination which later led me into the world of tRPG... But I'm carried away. At the time, I was feverish about RPGs like Baldur's Gate 1, 2 and Throne of Bhaal, Icewind Dale 1 and 2, Planescape: Torment... Time passed and I got my hands on them, when my list of acquaintances began to expand. And it was only the beginning. Neverwinter Nights, Arcanum, Lionheart, Lamentation Sword and some others... And it was friggin' awesome!

By strange twist of fate, my player's expirience mixes some of the old games and some of the newer, but somehow I missed Fallout series until F3 came out in 2008. I think, it's decent game for it's time, relatively poor on spectacular and epic games. And after that someone told me:
"Pike some Fallout 2, berk. You'll know a dark."
"Fine," - I said.

Trust, me, I still think, F3 has it's crowning moments of awesome. It's different game, but good. After all, I played it for weeks. But after that, I still remember, it was Friday's evening, I installed F2, and... Hm. And then I was distracted. It was morning. 10:00 AM, and some ruckus and noise outside: firefighters tried to extinguish a smoke on rooftop of adjacent porch (so it was my own building), and there was my neighbours on the street, looking up... And then I realized. It was Monday. And winter session in my University will begin in few weeks, and I'm still not ready for it. That's why I uninstalled the game, closed my apartment and left to breath fresh air. Gosh, how I wanted to sleep in that moment...
From that time I'm still playing Fallout 2, yet in very small portions...
In this light, I should add, that I like Wasteland 2, still not finished a game, but I like it's exploration and combat. (BTW, Shadowrun: Dragonfall's story I like more than WL2. Sorry, guys, I'm heathen).
Interesting read. tRPG and you are only 23? Wow, that's unusual. Most young people don't have the time for such neanderthal like stuff. I played a bit of these, but that was when you were a toddler. Perhaps it has something to do with your region and economic conditions? Perhaps people over there have to get by with less? Anyway, welcome and good to hear about it. I'm glad you took the time to write this, thank you.

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Posted: December 14th, 2014, 12:01 pm
by Firkraag
How to put it... Some ideas need a time to grow, to "ferment" within our brains. First, I learned about cRPGs, then I learned, that some mysterious AD&D existed. And I wanted to play such games from fourteen, but have no contacts, no internet, I even didn't knew english (RPGs helped me to learn it, btw). Most of my classmates wasn't even interested in computer video games nor fantasy novels nor science fiction, so table RPGs was off the table for quite some time. :)

And as time passed, I pulled some D&D 3E translantions, humorous articles and some game reports... And, finally I got lucky. One guy, friend of a friend of my father, told me he played some World of Darkness back in early 2000s. They formed new gaming group (former goths, who somehow managed to hide that fact from me for two years) and invited me to their table. It was 2008, my graduation ceremony, and I left classmates to drink beer in park to join my first roleplaying game session. It was Sabbat, Vampire: the Masquerade, based on Eastern Europe atmosphere mashed up with goth culture and punkish flair, but situated in post-soviet city (which is quite weird, when I think about it now - shovelhead assamite from Chuhuiv, Kharkiv's Camarilla - someone, kill me, please - but this actually compliments our GM's storytelling skill).
Trashy, bizarre, violent, pompous, stupid (partly), laughable and so FUN!

And from that moment I'm playing till now, and do some game mastering, ocassionally. Now I'm thrilled with Fate Core and it's variations.

As for, where I got players - many college and university students might be the case. Russian, ukrainian, african, indian, vietnamese, arabian, from provinces and big cities. My father before dissolution of the USSR even had a fellow student - native american, son of real tribal chief. :)

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Posted: January 25th, 2015, 5:21 am
by yanko44
Greetings from The Netherlands. My first RPG was on the C64: The Bard's Tale. I look forwarding seeing more info about the new upcoming game. I also own a copy of wasteland 2 which I haven't played yet, still waiting for
the "final" patch to be released. I'm in my thirties and unfortunately games are starting to become less and
less interesting. I crave for a good quality RPG. I hope as a community we can provide some great ideas to
the developers.

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Posted: February 21st, 2015, 10:52 pm
by Fictrix
Hi everyone, I’m from Australia. I’m late to the TToN party because I only just discovered Mask of the Betrayer a few months ago. I am familiar with older CRPGs such as the NWN series, most Infinity Engine games, Arcanum, Bloodlines and KOTOR II but have skipped most of the new breed of ARPGs because my coordination and perception are rubbish and I dislike twitch games. It turns out I’m not missing much because the deep narrative, complex character choices and reactivity I loved so much were lost with the advent of higher production values and higher production costs.

So I am really glad to see TToN and similar projects being developed by very talented people who understand what made those older games so great. I am also gleefully, maniacally pleased at the ridiculous number of people who backed the project and who still continue to trickle in late. Knowing that there are so many people who want this project to succeed is glorious.

I hope to see many strange and dangerous things in Numenéra. I sort of have high expectations. I mean, have you seen Australian fauna? Apart from the quokka, everything’s out to kill you.

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Posted: February 22nd, 2015, 9:37 am
by Wizmaub
Hi guys,

Wizmaub here, coming from France.
Just joined the forum in order to learn new things!

Looking forward to spending good times with you!

telecharger album $-Crew

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Posted: March 13th, 2015, 7:10 am
by sirota554
hey sirota554 here,

been playing pc rpgs and tabletop for years now love wasteland 2 cant wait for torment and bards iv

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Posted: March 28th, 2015, 9:24 pm
by theacefes
Hi!

I'm theacefes and I've been hanging around the CRPG scene since Baldur's Gate. I've been following Torment for awhile and today was an awesome day as I finally pledged to it because I love the genre, and because I love pretty signed boxes. And cookies.

I manage the Gibberlings 3 Infinity Engine modding community in my spare time - please check it out and download a mod or two while you're there (the forum won't let me post a url yet but it's gibberlings3.net). :)

Hope to be around here more often.

theacefes/Kat

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Posted: March 29th, 2015, 7:41 am
by sear
theacefes wrote:I'm theacefes and I've been hanging around the CRPG scene since Baldur's Gate. I've been following Torment for awhile and today was an awesome day as I finally pledged to it because I love the genre, and because I love pretty signed boxes. And cookies.

I manage the Gibberlings 3 Infinity Engine modding community in my spare time - please check it out and download a mod or two while you're there (the forum won't let me post a url yet but it's gibberlings3.net). :)
You help do a great service for the community, I just want to say. Tons of people rely on a lot of the mods and fixes hosted by Gibberlings3 when they want to dive into the Infinity Engine games. Cheers!

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Posted: March 29th, 2015, 3:28 pm
by theacefes
sear wrote:
theacefes wrote:I'm theacefes and I've been hanging around the CRPG scene since Baldur's Gate. I've been following Torment for awhile and today was an awesome day as I finally pledged to it because I love the genre, and because I love pretty signed boxes. And cookies.

I manage the Gibberlings 3 Infinity Engine modding community in my spare time - please check it out and download a mod or two while you're there (the forum won't let me post a url yet but it's gibberlings3.net). :)
You help do a great service for the community, I just want to say. Tons of people rely on a lot of the mods and fixes hosted by Gibberlings3 when they want to dive into the Infinity Engine games. Cheers!
Thanks! Glad I could be of help. :)

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Posted: April 16th, 2015, 6:42 am
by Michikawa
Finnish role playing game fan here, was born in early 80s and found first pen and paper games in very early childhood years. C64 was first gaming machine and it was nerdy run from that point on. Memorable games throughout the next decades were gold box C64 Advanced Dungeons & Dragons RPGs, Sierra adventures, LucasArts masterpieces like Monkey Island series, Ultima series, Betrayal at Krondor, Baldur's Gate of course, PS:T. Understandably I've played less and less in the past years, but will definitely find time for Torment when it's released :)

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Posted: May 20th, 2015, 3:11 am
by addseo1115
hi, I am new comer. I hope to get something new here.
thanks for sharing your posts.

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Posted: June 25th, 2015, 3:34 am
by fabrulana
Started of also on my trusty C64 back in the day, and my first proper RPG that I experienced was Bard's Tale 3 when it just came out.
Transformed my life forever... Didn't realise how much I missed Bard's Tale till now.

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Posted: July 14th, 2015, 4:45 am
by Jordan Joestar
I don't remember if I have submitted myself in the site, but I don't think.

Name: Jordan
Age: 25 (26 on 30 July)
Country: Italy
Gender: Male
Career: Student of Chemistry
Steam: Jordan1989
Music: Progressive Rock, Classical, Jazz, Folk
Favourite game genre: RPGs
Films: Blade Runner, The Lord Of The Rings saga, Cubrick filmography, ecc.
Books: Fantasy, classics from '800 and '900... Lovecraft rule!
Manga: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Anime: Legend Of Galactic Heroes, Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night, Space Dandy, Kill La Kill, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, ecc.

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Posted: August 14th, 2015, 2:43 pm
by svartelric
Hello all!

Name's Alex, 32 years old male from Italy. Hey Jordan up there ^_^
I'm a fan of Wasteland, Fallout, and the Black Isle - Troika era games. Planescape, Fallout and Arcanum are my personal favourites (I never was a huge BG fan). I'm a nostalgic gamer, I've been supporting Pillars, W2 etc on kickstarter and love all retro things in general (check out my blog for more on that!). I used to lurk and post on NMA but I won't say more about that.
I hope to fit in and get along with the community, cheers!

Alex