Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Discuss RPGs, video games, films, series, books. No political, religious or other serious debates, this is a hobby forum.

Moderator: SagaDC

margiexian
Initiate

Re: Greetings.

Post by margiexian » December 16th, 2012, 12:56 am

Margie 21, illinois, a new registered and happily fan of wasteland...hope warmed welcome approaches, thanks :))
Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
Jim fixed blade

Ubermensch72
Initiate

Hello

Post by Ubermensch72 » December 16th, 2012, 12:00 pm

Hey guys and gals, I'm Ryan I live in America, and I just turned 26. I've been modeling for a few years now in my sparetime and have only just started looking for work in the game design industry. My goal is to get one of my models published in the game through the crowdsourcing. I never played wasteland but I've watched my nostalgic friend play it a few years ago. I do however LOVE Fallout and I've played them all. Let me know if you have any questions and feel free to PM me.
cheers
_ryan

johneddy
Initiate

Re: Hello

Post by johneddy » December 18th, 2012, 3:54 pm

Hi guys,

my name is jhon came from Tuba, Arizona...im already 21yrs of age, i am a maritime student...im a big fan of wasteland...im craving for friends! hope warm welcome approahes....
To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.
Anatole's fantasy knife

Arcanix
Master

Re: Greetings.

Post by Arcanix » December 20th, 2012, 9:33 am

Welcome to the boards, im sure you´ll enjoy your stay. Something for eveyone..want to be involved with 3D modeling?

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.c ... m.php?f=29

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/unity

Those are the links.

Having ideas for the improvement of the wasteland concept? Plenty of threads to read. Alot of discussions, suggestions, crowdsourced unity assets and tweets floating around. Ive been here 2 months or so...might be running out of ideas. :cry:
March 24th, 2014, 4:13 am
Drool wrote:WL2 being turn-based is bad enough.

james___uk
Initiate

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Post by james___uk » December 21st, 2012, 6:17 am

Hi I'm James, I'm 22 and I'm from ye olde Albion. I do 3D stuff and I'm a huge fallout fan and so I know I'll like Wasteland 2!

Wighar
Initiate

Re:general "hello"

Post by Wighar » February 9th, 2013, 8:25 am

Hello all.

Call me Wighar, most due anyway, though my family uses my AFK name "Peter", I am man from Sweden and 29 years old and I am what you could call a hardcore gamer and frequent voluntary beta tester since I basically have nothing else to pass the time... yet :oops:

I would have loved to have played wasteland but never got the chance to, however one of my first games in life was Fallout, which I have been an avid fan of since then and still are, so when I first heard Brian Fargo was making wasteland 2 and it was on kickstarter I jumped to it with whatever I could provide at the time. :geek:

Hope to enjoy the Wastelands with you all :)

emptycoffeecup
Initiate

Post by emptycoffeecup » February 9th, 2013, 4:26 pm

It's hard to get a decent coffee these days. I guess caffeine isn't high on anyone's list of priorities now, though it should be. Oh sure, folks brew nettle tea and tell each other that it's the warmth of the liquid that matters, not the taste.

They're wrong. So wrong that my head hurts just thinking about it.

The last cache of beans I found was in a rusted out camper van, resting on the side of the road... but that was... a lifetime ago.

I carry my old tin cup with me. She's battered and empty now, just like the rest of us I guess. But sometimes, when the light is just right and the sun hits her, you can still see a little of the old shine.

--------
Hey everyone.
I'm a new zealander, not quite old enough to have played the original Wasteland - suspect I didn't have a computer back then - but (like many of you here) I loved Fallout. Looking forward to Wasteland 2.

stanleyjohn
Initiate

Post by stanleyjohn » February 19th, 2013, 4:00 pm

I am in my mid 50s and have been playing RPG and other PC based games since the days of Atari and the C 64.My favorite games continue to be RPG which i have played many like Balder's gate,icedale,fallout,the wizardry series,neverwinter and many many more.I just today i found out about wasteland 2 and love the video! An old school game using todays hi tech computer power.Thumbs up to Brian Fargo and Kick starter for keeping the great games of the past alive for today.Heres hoping all continues to go well for a release later this year,when i will play it with lots of joy.Best of luck! Stan

disgraciau
Initiate

Post by disgraciau » March 6th, 2013, 8:54 am

Hi all, I'm Ismael, 21, from Ibiza, Spain.

I wasn't too familiar with RPG games, but when last year played Fallout 1 (thanks GoG!), I couldn't stop playing it. It was in a few words awesome. So, I decided to back the Wasteland 2 Project when i read it in forums.

Yeah, I know, i'm late registering in this forum, but... better later than never! :D

That's all, thank you everyone ;)

Extwin
Initiate

Post by Extwin » March 12th, 2013, 8:35 pm

Hey, CE backer here... late to registering, been lurking for about a year now. Just backed Torment, too. Never got a chance to play WL but I may still play it. You guys make for some interesting reading. Oh I'm 33 BTW , and my family didn't have a computer at the time WL was released.

-John

Devean
Initiate

Post by Devean » March 13th, 2013, 4:15 am

Hello :).I missed the Kickstarter campaign, but I joined later via PayPal.

I am a professional translator, dealing mostly in video games and IT.

I must admit I did not play the original Wasteland (back then, it was hard to get such games in Poland), although when I read about it, I know I'd like it :).

I'm a huge fan of Fallout games (especially 1&2, didn't like 3, am enjoying NV right now) and the post-apocalyptic setting in general (The Fall - Last Days of Gaia anyone?).

Glad to be here!
The avalanche has started, it's too late for the pebbles to vote...

http://www.translatikos.com

McDougle
Adventurer

Post by McDougle » March 13th, 2013, 2:06 pm

Hi guys,

I also came late, but joined via PayPal(& I´m looking forward to that digital swag :P ).

I love Fallout 1&2(played ´em as a kid) and even the newer Fallout´s(FNV was better, but not enough for me, actually... I don´t like dungeon crawling). My other(BIG) passion is Shadowrun. Heckdamn, I love that setting, the 4th edition... and am super excited for everything that is supposed to release this year(like Shadowrun Returns & Shadowrun Online).

@Devean: Professional translator? Wow, I´m glad I asked you to translate that char description back then. :lol:
>When I said “no” I felt like a kid who had to stay inside and practice the piano while all his friends got to go eat ice cream and have awesome sex on the moon.<Pat Rothfuss
Shadowrun Returns videos (LetsPlays, Editor Tutorials, Modding)

Devean
Initiate

Post by Devean » March 13th, 2013, 3:45 pm

McDougle wrote:@Devean: Professional translator? Wow, I´m glad I asked you to translate that char description back then. :lol:
Heh, no prob, chummer, you're welcome. I hope it was useful?
The avalanche has started, it's too late for the pebbles to vote...

http://www.translatikos.com

McDougle
Adventurer

Post by McDougle » March 14th, 2013, 12:48 pm

Devean wrote:
McDougle wrote:@Devean: Professional translator? Wow, I´m glad I asked you to translate that char description back then. :lol:
Heh, no prob, chummer, you're welcome. I hope it was useful?
Depends, really... there has been no word from the artist ever since... I´m glad I didn´t pay yet. :roll:
>When I said “no” I felt like a kid who had to stay inside and practice the piano while all his friends got to go eat ice cream and have awesome sex on the moon.<Pat Rothfuss
Shadowrun Returns videos (LetsPlays, Editor Tutorials, Modding)

UberDan
Initiate

Post by UberDan » April 9th, 2013, 10:13 am

Hi All,

Some of you may remember me from the Torment KS comments section. I am a backer of Torment and now wasteland 2 and Project eternity.

Cheers
Dan

Huinehtar
Initiate

Post by Huinehtar » April 27th, 2013, 12:43 am

Hi all,
I am a backer of Torment, Project Eternity and Wasteland 2 (late backer for this one).
I was a bit too young for Wasteland, but I played (and enjoyed of course!) Fallout a few weeks after its release. Thus, a long love story with RPG (c- and PnP) began... 8-)
Thanks!

ArseFace
Novice

Post by ArseFace » July 2nd, 2013, 8:56 pm

I don't post often, but hey. I've been obsessing over the idea of Wasteland 2 for over two decades, like many of you, and have been constantly replaying and enjoying the Fallout series. I didn't give a shit about RPGs or anything remotely like them until I played Fallout back in middle school.

I'm in Richmond, Virginia, live-in caretaker for one of my best friends who is crippled and I am also now a professional dog walker and part time comic book store guy.

Wishing I had more time to enjoy video games!

vault87supermutant
Initiate

Post by vault87supermutant » July 7th, 2013, 10:10 pm

I was thinking. And it hurt! Hurt my head! But I remembered things. From before... I think I knew a woman. Or maybe, I WAS a woman... Aggh! It hurts!

Volff
Initiate

Post by Volff » July 31st, 2013, 2:22 am

Hey all,

I thought it was appropriate to introduce myself since I'm gonna do alot of work in the community around Wasteland 2. I'm studying the effects of crowdfunding in Game Design and as I'm a huge Fallout fan (I was only a year old when Wasteland came out so please forgive me for not having played the first one), I toke the liberty to write my bachelor thesis on the Wasteland 2 Kickstarting campaign. I hope you guys will help me understand the massive implications crowdfunding has on cultural products such as Games.

- Volff

Student at University of Southern Denmark
Media Studies

tumppu
Acolyte

Post by tumppu » August 15th, 2013, 9:35 am

Hello,

Toni, 38, from Finland and one of those who played the original Wasteland on a C64 and loved it to pieces. Late to back this one but after looking through all the stuff here and on the site, can't wait to get back out to the Wasteland.

Presently unemployed, have done a lot of IT support and if I happen to NOT land a job in the next few months, I'll at least have a lot of free time to play 8-)
"It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"