Dear Devs.....AAA Quality

For general discussion of inXile and our games.
davidwebb
Initiate

Since this game is a AAA Title, at least the price suggests that, i am wondering about a few things. First of all, i am a big Wasteland Fan and played both WL 1 and WL 2.
I didnt have any major bugs, but i have a massive problem with gameplay.

1. To get your char in cover, doesn't seem to do a lot. I cannot see much difference in damage.
2. Tell a char to go from A to B, let's him run straight through hazards. Either he walks through fire, or he breaks his arm walking past a kiddy playground carousel.
3. My major complaint. Getting killed through walls. I understand that a wooden wall can not protect against a 7.62, but standing behind a bunker wall (the russian one) and having three people killed with one shot from a turrent or an enemie is just bad. Doesnt matter wich weapon someone uses, nothing gets through a bunker wall. And thats almost everywhere in the game. Btw, i can also kill people through obstacles using Overwatch.
4. Last but not least. Do you care at all about the gamers. I read comments all around the net, and the complaints are massive. There are no patches (and pls dont mention the two little patches you released). Apart from the loading times you have done nothing since release of the game. And now we should nominate you for the Love Award on Steam.

I'd really like to know, why you just dont care what people are telling you. Instead you announce a new game already in production, when this one is not even ready. Again 60€.
Mattonomicon
Developer
badge image for 4o80c0.png

If you haven't already seen it, we recommend checking out the state-of-the-game update we posted yesterday which can be found here.

Lost of changes and improvements on the way with patch 1.2 which is scheduled for next week. The next patch is expected not too long thereafter, hopefully before the end of the year. Thanks for hanging in there!
AsgardTM
Initiate

davidwebb wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 12:49 am Since this game is a AAA Title, at least the price suggests that, i am wondering about a few things. First of all, i am a big Wasteland Fan and played both WL 1 and WL 2.
I didnt have any major bugs, but i have a massive problem with gameplay.

1. To get your char in cover, doesn't seem to do a lot. I cannot see much difference in damage.
2. Tell a char to go from A to B, let's him run straight through hazards. Either he walks through fire, or he breaks his arm walking past a kiddy playground carousel.
3. My major complaint. Getting killed through walls. I understand that a wooden wall can not protect against a 7.62, but standing behind a bunker wall (the russian one) and having three people killed with one shot from a turrent or an enemie is just bad. Doesnt matter wich weapon someone uses, nothing gets through a bunker wall. And thats almost everywhere in the game. Btw, i can also kill people through obstacles using Overwatch.
4. Last but not least. Do you care at all about the gamers. I read comments all around the net, and the complaints are massive. There are no patches (and pls dont mention the two little patches you released). Apart from the loading times you have done nothing since release of the game. And now we should nominate you for the Love Award on Steam.

I'd really like to know, why you just dont care what people are telling you. Instead you announce a new game already in production, when this one is not even ready. Again 60€.
Agree with what you say.

This is not a AAA game and is the last one I will ever buy at this price from you !
To enumerate some flaws:
Very short and linear for a AAA RPG game. Cheap story, I mean go and find my 3 nuts "creatures" ?!!!. There are INDIE RPG games that are 100% way better than this. (ATOM RPG to enumerate just one)
Ugly, I mean very ugly and pathetic web page inventory, with very ugly items icons. We are in 2020 and not in 1997 ! Even "that" game have better icons and inventory ! I know that you are under Microsoft, but that doesn't mean windows 10 lousy 2D windows and icons needs to be in your game too...
Lousy cartoonish graphics all around. It's like I play a kids game. A very infantile one...
I will stop here, because if I start enumerate BUG's I need one hour to write them all.

PS: I did read the next patch and I am pretty sure that this game was beta when released. Again not an AAA game, shame on you...
davidwebb
Initiate

Mattonomicon wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 3:49 pm If you haven't already seen it, we recommend checking out the state-of-the-game update we posted yesterday which can be found here.

Lost of changes and improvements on the way with patch 1.2 which is scheduled for next week. The next patch is expected not too long thereafter, hopefully before the end of the year. Thanks for hanging in there!
Thanks for your reply.
I have played the game until Level 10 with the new patch (1.2.0). Unfortunately the main issues for me are still unresolved. In addition there are some new bugs and glitches.
The combat system still has major issues:
Shooting Through walls
Initiative at the beginning of a fight. I attack from stealth position, but i have no advantage. Order of attacks is still unchanged.
Cover is still useless.

Other things like Items disappear from inventory when moving from character to pool. Lucy Wesson leaves my group even the cicvilians were already killed when we arrived at the map. When moving characters (Parking Garage at Bizarre), there is no walking animation, they just slide across the map.

Well, we will hang in there, what choice we have?
unguided
Novice
badge image for wl3badge.png

What has price got to do with AAA? Trick question because AAA doesn't mean anything.

This is why even though I love games I never considered any job related to game development. Sounds like hell :)
davidwebb
Initiate

I think you can call it whatever you like. Fact is the game cost 60€. Compared with other RPG, this is Mercedes Benz level, but you get a Nissan (no offense). Even Baldurs Gate costs 30% less and is in a better state, even its EA.
Mattonomicon
Developer
badge image for 4o80c0.png

As a friendly reminder, we ask that we keep the responses here civil and constructive. You're 100% welcome to share your thoughts about how to improve the game, but posts which are filled with incendiary commentary that offer little to no constructive value will be locked or removed.

We want you to share thoughts about how to improve the game, but making posts which offer derogatory commentary only seek to inflame the community. 'Cheap,' 'Ugly,' and 'Pathetic' descriptors are easy giveaways to the kind of post that is seeking to break the game down rather than help us bring it up. The thread is being locked, and we kindly ask that in your subsequent posts you stay on the side of trying to offer criticism in a way that is constructive, rather than destructive. Thank you.

Return to “General Discussion”