Covid Gaming

For general discussion of inXile and our games.

Moderator: SagaDC

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Covid Gaming

Post by Woolfe »

Whats everyone been playing?

Fallout 4 here... Sadly...
It's not too late. Make it Eight!
Patient Roller
Scholar

Re: Covid Gaming

Post by Patient Roller »

I've been trying to get through Pathfinder: Kingmaker, but I keep losing interest and drink alcohol instead. I mean it's a neat game and I'm looking forward to the sequel (Wrath of the Righteous), but it's a diamond in the rough.
Gizmo
Grandmaster
badge image for 5p2s6t.png
badge image for 3rz1is.png
badge image for ijw2ib.png

Post by Gizmo »

Woolfe wrote: April 29th, 2020, 2:55 am Whats everyone been playing?

Ouch! Nobody should have to resort to that. :cry:

I've been playing Bladerunner.
Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe »

Gizmo wrote: April 29th, 2020, 9:16 am
Woolfe wrote: April 29th, 2020, 2:55 am Whats everyone been playing?

Ouch! Nobody should have to resort to that. :cry:

I've been playing Bladerunner.
Eh its not been any worse than FO 3 honestly...
Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe »

Patient Roller wrote: April 29th, 2020, 3:25 am I've been trying to get through Pathfinder: Kingmaker, but I keep losing interest and drink alcohol instead. I mean it's a neat game and I'm looking forward to the sequel (Wrath of the Righteous), but it's a diamond in the rough.
Yeah its a good game, but I got to a point and never finished it :-(
Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo »

I have Pathfinder:Kingmaker, and started to play. At some point I was called away on errands and utterly forgot that I had started the game... That's bad.

I do plan to continue, but I have yet to feel a pressing interest in it. :(
Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool »

I'm still very much working, but I've been playing Witcher 3.
Alwa nasci korliri das.
Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag »

Half of my monitor is awesome games, most of which I haven't played...

Most often I play few short sessions of Heroes of the Storm, most longest I play Crusader Kings 2. Most definitely I intend to finish Disco Elysium, maybe twice. Most uncertainly, that I would ever finish Brothers: Tales of Two Sons, Undertale and Life is Strange, despite me feeling, like I should enjoy them and all the praise they were getting.

I keep a couple of open world games to have a sense of space, but miss riding the Witcher 3's serene and vibrant countryside of Toussaint and the pacing the lively streets of Beauclair, but my saves crashed and burned due to mods conflict after Nexus Mod manager update.

I wish for some more immersive sims and maybe some interesting deviation from Dishonored's formula to not keep things stale.

P.S. Mod conflict slashed a third of chapter of saves for me after I broke my saves, by mods so I took a pause. I know there's a pattern, but those mods are important quality of life ones. I like KM's dumgeoneering and wilderness bits, as well as text vignettes, but some narrative design decisions baffle me. There are dialogue options in this game that are hard locked by alignment and certain outcomes, that require players to game the system and get multiple walkthroughs to find correct "best possible" ending. You can literally loose due to a decision the characters, that are crucial to the gameplay or have character's quest or development forever unresolved due to not taking them together with another on the missions, or due to event not spawning or due to a bug...

I love this game, praise its creatores, adore its online community, but is such rough diamond it hurts at times. I have high hopes for the sequel.

And regardless of your opinions on RTwP, KM plays surpisingly well with Turn Based mod.
"I am a warhead of weaponized Truth." The Last Castoff (non-canon).

Image ©
kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug »

Patient Roller wrote: April 29th, 2020, 3:25 am I've been trying to get through Pathfinder: Kingmaker, but I keep losing interest and drink alcohol instead. I mean it's a neat game and I'm looking forward to the sequel (Wrath of the Righteous), but it's a diamond in the rough.
Careful, alcohol lowers the immune system response, not a good idea in time of pandemics ;)

As for Pathfinder: Kingmaker it's overall a good game, but I didn't finish it either for one thing that killed it for me - loading times. Every time you move from one zone to another, long loading time, and like everytime you want to manage your land, you need several loadings to get into the throne room and back... but I heard they improved that with later patch, and I'll try to get a faster computer (with NVMe disk) soon, hoping that'll make it more bearable.
Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe »

Firkraag wrote: April 30th, 2020, 2:16 pm And regardless of your opinions on RTwP, KM plays surpisingly well with Turn Based mod.
Now that is music to my ears :D
Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool »

So much No Man's Sky.
Alwa nasci korliri das.
Franky Jared
Initiate

Post by Franky Jared »

My covid gaming doesn't differe greatly from my regular one :) as a rule a have about 3-4 hours of daily gaming in WoW and maybe 1 hour of Destiny 2 gaming. WoW has always been my top #1 game. It is both my favourite pastime and my biggest hobby.
Here is the secret of my WoW power!
dokidokie
Initiate

Post by dokidokie »

Well I play FIFA 21 now. When I first started playing the game I thought it was going to be the same thing as last year but with a different career mode, but once I played a few games I realized that EA actually made the game more fun than the past few FIFA's.

Return to “General Discussion”