Kenshi

For general discussion of inXile and our games.

Moderator: SagaDC

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

Kenshi

Post by Orpheus the Bard » May 30th, 2019, 4:37 am

Imagine game Genre's like Battle Realms, Rust, Fallout, War-Hammer 40k & Darksun rolled together with ideas inspired by games like the Sims and you may have a game like Kenshi....

Quoting from the Kenshi Wiki "Set in an unrelenting world of bloodthirsty cannibals, starving bandits, brutal slavers and wild beasts, survival alone is a grueling struggle… You are not the chosen one. You’re not great and powerful. You don’t have more ‘hitpoints’ than everyone else. You are not the center of the universe, and you are not special. Unless you work for it. )"

I've spent 190+ hrs playing over the last fortnight & can't get enough of it.

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Re: Kenshi

Post by Woolfe » May 30th, 2019, 9:16 pm

It is a great game.... my first play involved me with a single character doing some training, and thinking I could take on a goat and its babies... yeah no... died gutted in the desert....

My second playthrough (same world) is still going, I have a significant base set up, with a large number of locals to defend/produce product. I also have avery solid squad of fighters who can take on most wandering groups without defeat. I have been raiding old ruins etc, though I still need to be careful as some monsters/groups are way more powerful than me, and they don't tend to take prisoners....

I haven't played since it went 1.0 though, so I still haven't seen the south eastern corner.

I really need to load it up again.
It's not too late. Make it Eight!

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

Post by Orpheus the Bard » May 31st, 2019, 5:19 pm

Just imagine if Bard's Tale was more like this game?

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » May 31st, 2019, 8:42 pm

The Bard's Tale series was a party-based dungeon crawler with a heavy emphasis on grinding combat where you managed your resources (HP, SpPts) across numerous fights as opposed to any individual fight.

It's a completely different beast than Kenshi.
Alwa nasci korliri das.