Torment Numenera Hack&Slash?

Discuss RPGs, video games, films, series, books. No political, religious or other serious debates, this is a hobby forum.

Moderator: SagaDC

Kimotei
Acolyte

Torment Numenera Hack&Slash?

Post by Kimotei » March 16th, 2019, 10:56 am

Heyall!

Just want to say that I would loooove a hack & slasher with light rpg functions in the Numenere world! Im 45 and unfortunatly dont have much time anymore for fullon rpgs, but I enjoyed the heck out of Shadows Awakening (aRPG) recently. I tried to get into Numenera a few times but its just to time consuming for me lately and I loose the plot if im not on it every day. Hurts me to admit because fallout 1, 2 and Planescape are my all time favorite games. However Diablo 1 is pretty high up there also. Shadows Awakwing is kind of diablo 2.0. Music is fantastic and gameplay is a fresh new take on the aRPG game style.

With a slasher its easy to play an hour, two or three in between breaks and stuf without loosing the plot. This and tripple A action games is what I have time to play these days. Not asking to quit doing fullon rpgs, please dont!! Huge fan of that. Just thinking that it must be simpler and quicker to make a hack & slasher and I belive the market is there, if it could be made alongside all the other stuf!

A slasher with a good story and a great world would be amazing!!

(This request might get downvoted here but that might simply be because there might not be many aRPG fans on this forum. I dont care. There are likely far more arpg fans then rpg fans out there, so from a business perspective imo its not a bad idea, regarding both development time/resorurces and potential popularity.)

Kimotei
Acolyte

Re: Torment Numenera Hack&Slash?

Post by Kimotei » March 16th, 2019, 11:12 am

Definitly gonna play the upcoming Warhammer Chaosbane aRPG!

Kimotei
Acolyte

Post by Kimotei » March 16th, 2019, 11:34 am

News: Blizzard just hired creative director of Witcher 3 for development of Diablo 4!

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » March 16th, 2019, 3:22 pm

So does that mean that Diablo 4 will likely be a first or third person Spacemarine/Team Fortress clone?

(Which describes a W3/Diablo hybrid to me.)

Kimotei
Acolyte

Post by Kimotei » March 19th, 2019, 11:04 am

Apparently they are going back to the darker themes of diablo 1 and 2, and they felt the cartoony style of diablo 3 was a step in the wrong direction. Hopefully they continue in the classic diablo style with top down view.

Read up on interviews from the Witcher 3 creative lead and Blizzard for more spesifics! Its all there in an interview, but I dont remember the link.