Pathfinder Kingmaker

Discuss RPGs, video games, films, series, books. No political, religious or other serious debates, this is a hobby forum.

Moderator: SagaDC

Grohal
Master

Pathfinder Kingmaker

Post by Grohal » October 18th, 2018, 1:17 pm

Because Woolfe asked in another thread, and I don't share fuzzyball01's opinion:

Pathfinder Kingmaker ist the closest thing to BG/BG2 you can get your hands on.
It is (sadly) RTwP, yes.
The game is MEANT to be played on normal, on higher settings you will miss a lot and the enemies will hit a lot more often (and harder) than normal. You won't win many fights without using everything you got be it skills, potions and spells - unlike many other games where you will end the game with trunks and pockets full of scrolls and potions never needed.
Imo it is WAY BETTER than Pillars of Eternity, be it I or II.
And yes you have no KI for the companions, which is fine for me as I always want to have full controll of who is doing what. Also it has not that overlapping party problem from POE, the party members fight side by side not in one another.
The kingdom management part is also very nice, you have up to 10 advisors/ministers who can do "kingdom quests" splitted in "problems" (which you should try to solve) and "opportunites" (which you should do if you have spare ministers and no more problem-quest).

It is still buggy, yes. But it gets hotfixes every 2 or 3 days. A big fix is announced for 22nd October so if you are unsure wait til then and check the forums.
I am in chapter 3 and personally I had ZERO plot stopping bugs (which are usually the only ones I notice^^), in the first build I had 2 or 3 times a load error for a map, which was always working in the second try. And since the first patch zero of those.

I don't want to spoil to much. So if you have any specific questions, just ask. :)
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Re: Pathfinder Kingmaker

Post by Woolfe » October 18th, 2018, 5:48 pm

Nice... Thanks for that Grohal, I think you just tipped me to buying it.

I was already tempted... the Kingdom management part was attractive, I love the idea of your lowly adventurer becoming the lord of the land :-)

But RTwP was turning me off, as were the buggy elements, and a personal annoyance at Paizo for being nobs about the Metric system.

But I can forgive a lot ;-)
It's not too late. Make it Eight!