New Fallout Blah Blah

Discuss RPGs, video games, films, series, books. No political, religious or other serious debates, this is a hobby forum.

Moderator: SagaDC

Drool
Forum Moderator

New Fallout Blah Blah

Post by Drool » May 30th, 2018, 11:15 am

So, Bethesda dropped a teaser trailer for Fallout 76. According to game lore, 76 was a control vault, so there were no inexplicable experiments going on there. Also, the music played during the teaser was Take Me Home, Country Roads which specifically mentions West Virginia, so we may get an all new region.

Fallout 4 came out 3 years ago, so this seems a quick turnaround; although the turnaround between 3 and New Vegas was only 2 years.

Of course, it's a teaser, so who knows what's coming.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Grohal
Adventurer

Re: New Fallout Blah Blah

Post by Grohal » May 30th, 2018, 11:32 am

Mmmh, not sure what I expect. I have yet to see a Fallout from Bethesda that knocks me off my socks as 1 and 2 did...
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » May 30th, 2018, 1:13 pm

Grohal wrote:
May 30th, 2018, 11:32 am
I have yet to see a Fallout from Bethesda that knocks me off my socks as 1 and 2 did...
Likewise.

They had their chance in '08, and they defaced a legend. I've no interest in anything they do with it, other than passing it on to another company.

SagaDC
Global Moderator

Post by SagaDC » June 6th, 2018, 12:44 am

Yeah. Kotaku claims that their sources are telling them Fallout 76 started as an attempt to make a multiplayer version of Fallout 4, which ended up turning into a spin-off game.

Bethesda has responded to Kotaku's reports with sarcasm, but they haven't actually denied it. :P

I'm already pretty leery about the Bethesda-made Fallout games. Fallout 3 was halfway decent, relatively speaking. Fallout 4 had more fiddly bits, but I felt like it was worse overall. If these rumors are true, then Fallout 76 might end up being the first Fallout game that I end up skipping entirely.

Grohal
Adventurer

Post by Grohal » June 24th, 2018, 1:10 am

SagaDC wrote:
June 6th, 2018, 12:44 am

If these rumors are true, then Fallout 76 might end up being the first Fallout game that I end up skipping entirely.
Likewise, and I even bought tactics AND Brotherhood of Steel.
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » June 24th, 2018, 9:23 am

Yeah, not interested.

The only hopeful thing I can think of: if it's multiplayer, then perhaps Bethesda won't feel the need to give every player character the fully voiced mediocrity of Blando Dullman ... and if that's true then there may be hope for Elder Scrolls VI to not be fully voiced garbage. I Want To Believe

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » June 24th, 2018, 1:44 pm

I'm hoping it's more Divinity Original Sin and Borderlands -- or even Warframe -- with the multiplayer as opposed to ragequitting because xXxCNTPUNCHER69xXx nuked the settlement I've been working on.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » June 27th, 2018, 2:49 am

Bethsoft still trying hard to uncrown BoS as the worst Fallout I see
Matthias did nothing wrong!

paultakeda
Forum Moderator

Post by paultakeda » June 27th, 2018, 10:57 am

I withhold judgement until I see the finished product.

Of course, I'm not as much of a grognard as others here, seeing as I enjoyed Fallout 3, NV, and 4. They had their problems, but so did FO 1/2. We like to remember them as perfect, but really, I enjoyed the world more than anything else -- besides, I already view the whole franchise as a total bastardization of the game I really loved: Wasteland.

:p

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » June 28th, 2018, 7:33 pm

paul Image

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » June 28th, 2018, 7:49 pm

paultakeda wrote:
June 27th, 2018, 10:57 am
I withhold judgement until I see the finished product.
This was a common sentiment (that I shared) in 2007 when FO3 was just being teased to the public. This was before I knew anything about Bethesda, and was still very optimistic. Others knew better what to expect, and I was blindsided by the amazingly unsuitable choices they went with.

I expect it to be beautiful crap. I've seen where others consider the graphics poorly dated (somehow), but I think that all of their games are visually just fine (aside from inaccurate designs for established canon objects).

Zombra wrote:
June 28th, 2018, 7:33 pm
The hot-linked emote image isn't displaying.
Zombra wrote:
June 28th, 2018, 7:33 pm
paul Image

deltamind
Initiate

Post by deltamind » July 16th, 2018, 4:15 am

I'll have to pass, no reason to have a game only dedicated to Online Only, the story line is something I enjoy and then throw myself out for multiplayer once the story is over.