What'cha Playing?

Discuss RPGs, video games, films, series, books. No political, religious or other serious debates, this is a hobby forum.

Moderator: SagaDC

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Re: What games are you playing right now?

Post by Crosmando » December 11th, 2013, 2:58 am

macksting wrote:Wasteland, natch. Also playing Red Baron, and thus reliving some of the better moments of my youth.
The DOS one or the 3D sequel.
Matthias did nothing wrong!

macksting
Explorer

Post by macksting » December 11th, 2013, 3:43 am

DOS. Out of curiosity, how is it not 3D?

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » December 11th, 2013, 4:57 am

macksting wrote:DOS. Out of curiosity, how is it not 3D?
It is I guess (minus sprites and stuff), I was referring to the Windows-only sequel Red Baron 3D. If you got it off GOG you should have it too.
Matthias did nothing wrong!

macksting
Explorer

Post by macksting » December 11th, 2013, 11:20 am

I do have both, but Red Baron II/3D (3D is a remastering of II) doesn't seem to agree with my Wine install. Given my fondness for the original, I've been too lazy to chase down the problem until I was tired of Red Baron I.
Are you sure it's sprites in Red Baron? It doesn't look like sprites to me from my perspective.

paultakeda
Forum Moderator

Post by paultakeda » December 11th, 2013, 3:29 pm

macksting wrote:Wasteland, natch. Also playing Red Baron, and thus reliving some of the better moments of my youth.
Great. Now you've got me humming the theme to Red Baron.

McDougle
Adventurer

Post by McDougle » December 11th, 2013, 4:30 pm

Still playing BlackFlag until the Beta finally sails.

Grand game and WAY better than the wanting AC3... wow... it is so refreshing that Edward is a greedy bastard. :lol:
He is awesome.

In one cutscene (early on) he is looting the containers while talking to a NPC. Excactly what I would've done, if I had been able to control him. :lol:
>When I said “no” I felt like a kid who had to stay inside and practice the piano while all his friends got to go eat ice cream and have awesome sex on the moon.<Pat Rothfuss
Shadowrun Returns videos (LetsPlays, Editor Tutorials, Modding)

ffordesoon
Forum Moderator

Post by ffordesoon » December 11th, 2013, 5:08 pm

McDougle wrote:Still playing BlackFlag until the Beta finally sails.

Grand game and WAY better than the wanting AC3... wow... it is so refreshing that Edward is a greedy bastard. :lol:
He is awesome.

In one cutscene (early on) he is looting the containers while talking to a NPC. Excactly what I would've done, if I had been able to control him. :lol:
Yeah, that's one thing I like a lot about Black Flag. Instead of already being a member of some weird mystery cult, he's just a dude who wants to be rich. Like, even when he stumbles into discussions about lore, he's clearly not paying attention at all. "Uh-huh, yeah, that's really cool. So about that gold..." :lol:
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
As a poster, I speak only for myself. PM me if you have any problems with the way I moderate.

My Tumblr, if you're into that.

macksting
Explorer

Post by macksting » December 11th, 2013, 5:32 pm

I have a sneaking suspicion my 8-year-old hardware would not suffice for this game you speak of.

ffordesoon
Forum Moderator

Post by ffordesoon » December 11th, 2013, 5:50 pm

macksting wrote:I have a sneaking suspicion my 8-year-old hardware would not suffice for this game you speak of.
No, there's a 360 version.

ZING
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
As a poster, I speak only for myself. PM me if you have any problems with the way I moderate.

My Tumblr, if you're into that.

macksting
Explorer

Post by macksting » December 11th, 2013, 5:58 pm

D'ya know, I just flew a perfectly good flight with Udet over Verdun, and our recon plane still got shot down by flak? Flak for goodness sakes. There's nothing we scout pilots can do about that. God dammit.

Kide
Scholar

Post by Kide » December 16th, 2013, 7:50 am

I have been playing too many different games as such. When then finishing a game get's delayed.

Wizardry 8
The Ur-Quan Masters
The Stanley Parable earlier too.... and planning now then to of course test wasteland 2 in the early access, and probably going to be starting with Fallout 1 as well.

I happened to also record these games, so I suppose I could link my youtube account here, if someone wants to check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxJAwv ... bQjTLeoFEw
If you do, appreciate any comments or feedback too, relatively new with let's plays, but it has been a lot of fun. ^^

macksting
Explorer

Post by macksting » December 16th, 2013, 8:22 am

An Arcanum fan. Bitchin'.
What's the Stanely Parable like? I've heard of it.

Kide
Scholar

Post by Kide » December 16th, 2013, 8:40 am

The Stanley Parable was awesome experience at least in my opinion. The narrator that you have along for the experience is great, who really makes the whole experience, and the game changes in ways while you play through. I personally at least enjoyed it a lot, and would recommend it. But it is something one has to experience them self for sure. ^^

macksting
Explorer

Post by macksting » December 16th, 2013, 10:34 am

That hardly recommends it as a Let's Play. ;)

Kide
Scholar

Post by Kide » December 16th, 2013, 10:53 am

It does, as a blind let's play. =p I personally have watched plenty of other let's plays after my play through. It's fun to see different reactions and what people do and so on. I at least like that sort of thing. =p

macksting
Explorer

Post by macksting » December 16th, 2013, 11:12 am

Ah, so it's still a personal experience even when viewed rather than played. So when you put it that way. *nods*
Welcome aboard, by the by.

Kide
Scholar

Post by Kide » December 16th, 2013, 11:17 am

Well I was around a long time ago, when first discussions were made about what wasteland 2 would be, but after that have been trusting that things are going pretty well, and have wanted to not spoil experiencing the game for the first time for myself... Sooo have not been around or only reading sometimes while time has passed. But thanks for the welcoming nevertheless. ^^

Wile
Adventurer

Post by Wile » December 17th, 2013, 11:27 am

Currently downloading Divinity: Original Sin alpha. Let's see what the good people at Larian have came up with! :)

paultakeda
Forum Moderator

Post by paultakeda » December 17th, 2013, 1:33 pm

Hey, it's Kide!

Moi.

Hopefully the changes made since you last visited aren't too disappointing (I count one single major disappointment, myself).

Kide
Scholar

Post by Kide » December 17th, 2013, 1:43 pm

You should point me into that disappointment paultakeda. ^^ And hellou's to you too. ^^

Well just had some talk about the conversation system in the other forum, but generally speaking trying the first areas of wasteland 2 has been nice definitely. A lot of things I am nevertheless happy with. ^^

Edit: Ahh I think I know what change you mean. A shame, as I thought that was kind of a unique feature about the whole wasteland/wasteland 2. Or supposed to be. You do remember that I first did talk a bit about the whole main character thing even, though it was more about understanding correctly what party based meant and all that, when liked this sort of party based and the other sort. But that would have been a nice different feature for sure, then it kind of.... well not sure how to describe but nevertheless.

Had a few reasons to be more absent, though I already contributed in some of the bigger questions in the start nevertheless, and really have not wanted to spoil discovering things for myself at all now that wasteland 2 is about to be ready pretty soon. And anyways felt that the game was in some ways meant more to the original wasteland 2 fans, and just kind of trusted the fact that I would enjoy the game regardless, which is still the case as such.

Oh well... Well hope your mostly happy with the things nevertheless. ^^ I am personally about to start playing Fallout 1 pretty much now, for the very first time. Played fallout 2 before, but never fallout 1, so it should be fun. ^^ Going to be recording it too. ^^