What'cha Playing?

Discuss RPGs, video games, films, series, books. No political, religious or other serious debates, this is a hobby forum.

Moderator: SagaDC

shaigunjoe
Explorer

What games are you playing right now?

Post by shaigunjoe » November 5th, 2013, 5:04 pm

Lucius made a point in another forum that he just finished a game and is holding off on starting another, so I was just curious what games people are playing while waiting to get your hands on WL2?

Personally, I just finished Demon Souls and moved on to Dragon's Dogma (I am a psplus member). At the rate I go through these games, I definitely will not be finishing that before the beta (at least, I hope not!). When we actually have time to play games at the same time, my Wife and I pick up Rayman Origins.

So what games are keeping you busy?

McDougle
Adventurer

Re: What games are you playing right now?

Post by McDougle » November 5th, 2013, 5:10 pm

I couldnt resist BattleField 3.5 ... BF4. :D
>When I said “no” I felt like a kid who had to stay inside and practice the piano while all his friends got to go eat ice cream and have awesome sex on the moon.<Pat Rothfuss
Shadowrun Returns videos (LetsPlays, Editor Tutorials, Modding)

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » November 5th, 2013, 5:11 pm

Wasteland 2.

>_> <_<

Heh, in my off hours I play a little Rayman Legends with regularity. I've been wanting to get into Hearthstone but no luck really.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Tets
Master

Post by Tets » November 5th, 2013, 5:52 pm

the witcher (enhanced edition)

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » November 5th, 2013, 6:42 pm

I'm all over the place.

Last couple days, I've been replaying Omerta: City of Gangsters.

I have a Wizardry 8 party (complete with a new set of custom animated portraits) that I spent a couple weeks with, but I'm slowing down on that.

I just bought Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut, and that is fantastic, but the PC version keeps crashing. Waiting for a patch. I'm thinking of picking up State of Decay to fill the void.

Occasionally I will jump in to Saints Row IV to kill another Warden to work on the achievement, because that game is so fun, but I finished the main story a long time ago so it's sadly a momentary time killer.

FTL: Faster Than Light. It seems like every weekend I have to try at least once to get that damn flagship on Normal difficulty. Still haven't managed it. Also want to unlock all the different ships; I only have about half of them so far.

Just starting to get back into Team Fortress 2. Dabbling in Gotham City Impostors again as well.

Recently bought Hitman: Absolution despite the negatives in the reviews. I almost started playing it tonight but had to eat dinner.

I also reinstalled Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive recently. Great game! So good, but I don't want to start another playthrough until I finish with Omerta again.

I play most of my games through Steam ... feel free to friend me if you want to be notified what I'm playing at any moment ...

Ronin73
Master

Post by Ronin73 » November 5th, 2013, 6:42 pm

Heh, Master of Magic.

I'd forgotten how fun this game was. Someone really needs to look into a remake.
The biggest failure in the recent past is this assumption that the audience is not smart.Too much effort is being spent making it dummy proof..all the clues are being held right in front of their nose.The exploration and journey is the reward

Brian Fargo

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe » November 5th, 2013, 7:17 pm

Payday 2 and Chivalry are my current de-stressing tools... Nothing quite like impaling someone with a trident, to make you feel better. :D

And trying to stealth rob a bank in Payday 2 is an interesting challenge.

A couple of other things I've been playing but for the life of me I can't remember them at the moment.... :?:
It's not too late. Make it Eight!

sparkee666
Adventurer

Post by sparkee666 » November 5th, 2013, 8:41 pm

I'm playing a little Power Grid, some Dominant Species, Necromunda is a classic, Alien Frontiers, Civilization the weekend eating game from the 70's they should publish that game again. Numenera is cool, and I'm playing some Viva Java I guess 40K is another regular game I go to.

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » November 5th, 2013, 9:07 pm

Devil Whiskey

More hardcore than you can possibly handle, an indie Bard's Tale clone but with "modern" graphics.
Matthias did nothing wrong!

paultakeda
Forum Moderator

Post by paultakeda » November 5th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Why am I suddenly feeling this weird urge to play Neuromancer?

I guess some things never change.

Anyone who has never played this game or Circuit's Edge. Do. These are my cyberpunk bookends.

And read the books, too.

I really hope that somehow the Neuromancer movie includes Devo's song and a Timothy Leary nod. It's not too much to ask, right? And holy cow, Gibson looked like THAT back then?!

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » November 5th, 2013, 9:14 pm

Play the Amiga version if you're gonna.

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » November 5th, 2013, 9:19 pm

Crosmando wrote:Devil Whiskey
I remember hearing about that, long ago. Would you recommend it? How about a "50 words or less" review?

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » November 5th, 2013, 9:42 pm

Zombra wrote:
Crosmando wrote:Devil Whiskey
I remember hearing about that, long ago. Would you recommend it? How about a "50 words or less" review?
The game is absolutely unforgiving, the random encounter rate is very high, also it uses the (K)eyboard command interface from Bard's Tale which can get infuriating just for simple things like buying and equipping gear and trading it between party members. Like Bard's Tale you need to go to special places to use XP to level up (you need to pay too), the Guild for Warriors and Rangers (where you start the game), and the magic and bard trainers are close by too (I haven't managed to find the place where Paladin's or Psi-Knights train), you can pay for healing at a temple or buy spell points at an Emporium.

I like it anyway, because it's so familiar. You will either hate it completely or you will become addicted. But if you play make sure your party is in good shape by the time nightfall on the first day comes, because at night random encounters spiral out of control, and if you get attacked by Lightning Mages RUN. You can rest (press "R" and then keep tapping ">" to speed up time) but you can and will get interrupted by encounters, so basically at night just Rest and Run from encounters until the sun comes up (only fight encounters you can't escape from).

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » November 5th, 2013, 10:18 pm

Hmm.

Mostly Borderlands 2, what with the loothunt going on and all. But also a little Torchlight 2, Mark of the Ninja, the Sword of Fargaol alpha, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, and some puzzle game I got on Steam about a goat or something.

Oh, and the occasional bout of AaaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA! For the Awesome.

Don't ask me about the 30 or 40 Steam games I haven't even downloaded, yet alone played :?
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

dorkboy
Master

Post by dorkboy » November 5th, 2013, 10:31 pm

sid meier's alpha centauri & ET:QW. and, of course, the waiting game. ;)
marmelade & jam

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » November 5th, 2013, 10:34 pm

I've also been playing that other game.

You know which one.

It's the one you just lost.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

GodComplex
Master

Post by GodComplex » November 6th, 2013, 12:05 am

I've been playing Agarest: Generations of War for about a month. And by playing I mean watching cut scenes as I just hit autoplay during the battles cause I'm so bored of the minimalist strategy it's suppose to contain.
1/3 of my brain says blue radiation might be cool
1/3 says stop being overcritical
1/3 says a Baby Ruth could have prevented this situation
~Damoriel

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » November 6th, 2013, 1:30 am

Crosmando wrote:[Devil Whiskey mini-review]
Thanks C, I'll bear that in mind. Seems like it would be a good one to try if I'm jonesing bad for an RPG fix. I guess Wizardry 8 is good enough to fill the void for now.

Dominativus
Acolyte

Post by Dominativus » November 6th, 2013, 1:46 am

I've been messing around in Skyrim some just to kill dragons. Started playing Krater the other day which is pretty good. Resubbed to WoW to play with the GF and see if I could finally get a toon to max level after all these years, since it's not really a game that keeps my attention for more then a short span. I also played a little Diablo 3 with the GF last week and haven't played Xcom Enemy Unknown in a few weeks. I kind of want to reinstall Fallout NV since I built the new PC but redoing all the mods is annoying.

With all of the PC games I have, (166 on Steam alone which i've only ever installed and played 14 of, and probably an easy 75 or more on GoG/Origin/MMOs/Discs etc.), I have plenty to play but WL2 really is the highest on the list for what I want to play.

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe » November 6th, 2013, 1:51 am

Oh I installed Shogun Total War 2.

But it is so bloody slow loading the battles that I am basically over it. I am really glad I didn't spend a lot of money on it.

It actually says right at the start that it uses "Adobe Flash" as if that's a good thing. To me that just means you cheaped out.

The Total War franchise seems to have lost its sheen :(
It's not too late. Make it Eight!