Cyberpunk 2077

For general discussion of inXile and our games.
kovacsszandra
Initiate

lyons75 wrote: July 5th, 2019, 4:55 am
BlakeStone wrote: June 9th, 2019, 6:05 pm Wow, only 7.5 years since the teaser trailer. https://hu.flatfy.com/ I guess if you're gonna make it good, take your time.
Wow, was the release trailer really in 2013?? qq
That's a shame though. It must really be great now, after making us all wait so much...
Drool
Forum Moderator
badge image for 5p2s6t.png
badge image for ijw2ib.png

Just four days away (in theory)!
Alwa nasci korliri das.
Godfather101
Explorer
badge image for 3rz1is.png
badge image for wl3badge.png

And Preload starts tomorrow on GoG. ^^
Drool
Forum Moderator

Been playing it, and enjoying it so far. There's some bugs, of course, but I've been amusing myself by pretending the graphical glitches are due to budget cyber-eyes. There's plenty of idiot complaints on the internet over honestly very minor things, but that's hardly surprising. We get it, the sleeping animation is wonky; nobody cares.

I'm pretty impressed with how they managed Night City. It looks pretty good. However, as expected, there's a lot of locked doors or places where there's no option to enter (for instance, the giant apartment block that you live in, you can go there street side or take the elevator the the floor your apartment is on, but not any other floor). Personally, I'm okay with it. It's a limitation we all expected, and it's easy enough to justify in-world. At least the blocked off places are closed off with secure-looking metal doors as opposed to a couple half-rotten boards like in Fallout 3+. Also, if we're being honest, I don't care if we can or can't explore 50 storeys of random apartment block; there's plenty to explore otherwise.
Alwa nasci korliri das.
Drool
Forum Moderator

Strongly disagree. I've faced minimal bugs and have been enjoying it quite a bit.
Alwa nasci korliri das.
FYKC
Acolyte
badge image for wl3badge.png

Being Cyberpunk means murdering countless street punks for the police.
Drool
Forum Moderator

Considering one of the original classes in the game was Police Officer...

But, sure. The whole thing is a sham because of optional side content you aren't forced to do. This Mike Pondsmith guy really needs to educate himself on what Cyberpunk's all about.
Alwa nasci korliri das.
takefour
Initiate

To understand my review you must first understand what a great game to me is..
A good game has emotion, story, visuals sure.. But a great game gives you the ability to experience all of those things for the first time in a new setting with a fresh unexpected mindset ready to be blown away. Experiencing feelings, euphorias, emotions throughout the game that are so familiar but so different at the same time. These games are rare!

Return to “General Discussion”