Hunted: The Demon's Forge online co-op

Discuss RPGs, video games, films, series, books. No political, religious or other serious debates, this is a hobby forum.

Moderator: SagaDC

Soveris
Initiate

Hunted: The Demon's Forge online co-op

Post by Soveris » April 11th, 2019, 6:24 am

I know that this game isn't widely acknowledged, but I was still enjoying it back in the days. I'm sure many people did. I completed it with my friend on release and was thinking about completing it again. Unfortunately, as you probably know, GameSpy was shut down many years ago, but that's only a half of the problem.

The other half is that several popular services that emulated LAN games were also shut down. That incudes Tunngle, Hamachi and Evolve. We tried using other less popular services, but weren't successful. There may be many issues, like router configurations or specific system setups, so it's quite a pain and judging by some messages in the steam community hub, not many people are able to play it today in co-op.

I'm fairly sure that hoping for an update is a pointless venture, but I decided to leave a post anyway. Who knows? Recently Valve released the Steam Networking Sockets APIs, which opens access to their internal networks, with lower-latency, higher-quality connection and there are various precedents of other developers moving their games from GameSpy or GFWL to Steamworks, like Bioshock 2, Borderlands or Dark Souls.

Also: https://steamcommunity.com/app/22450/di ... 418463804/