What'cha Playing?

Discuss RPGs, video games, films, series, books. No political, religious or other serious debates, this is a hobby forum.

Moderator: SagaDC

Re: What'cha Playing?

Post by sear » March 11th, 2018, 7:29 pm

Finished up Salt and Sanctuary tonight. The game more than successfully captures the spirit of a Souls game, but it's also got enough new ideas and twists to really make it stand out as its own thing. Had a great time, and it totally scratched my itch for this kind of game. For a core team of just a couple of people, it's really impressive how expansive and well put together the whole experience is.

I also picked up Dead Cells after hearing good things. I guess my "2D Soulslike" binge isn't over yet. I've only put a few hours in, but damn, this game might have some of the best-feeling action I've ever played, and is addictive and gorgeous to look at as well. Really looking forward to putting more time into it.
Eric Schwarz
Wasteland 3 System Designer

Post by Cipher » March 14th, 2018, 4:07 am

World or Warcraft and Wasteland 2 DC

Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » March 16th, 2018, 2:06 pm

Friend of mine got me a copy of Deep Rock Galactic which is currently in Early Access. It's... it's interesting. Space Dwarf Mining while shooting giant bugs. It's a little bumpy right now and needs some tweaking and balancing, but it's pretty good for Early Access. That said, while you can play single player, it's a game that really works best multiplayer. And probably best with a full team of 4.

As opposed to, say, Payday 2 which works just fine in single player.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!