What'cha Playing?

Discuss RPGs, video games, films, series, books. No political, religious or other serious debates, this is a hobby forum.

Moderator: SagaDC

Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: What'cha Playing?

Post by Drool » January 26th, 2018, 1:51 pm

Godfather101 wrote:
January 26th, 2018, 10:15 am
But well ,i really liked the game and it didnt take THAT long to get into my save game, so in just got through that inconvinience.
Previously, it only took a few tries, but the other day it took half an hour. I finally fired up OBS to record it, and it decided to work. I really don't like having to hope and pray that my saves will be found every time I start a game.

The fact that they never bothered to fix the bug says volumes about the company in my mind.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

Godfather101
Explorer

Post by Godfather101 » January 26th, 2018, 11:07 pm

Yeah thats not a great sign, but as it worked for me (or better say never took me 30 minutes or more to continue my playthroughs), its a minor inconvenience for me.
The game was fun enough that i did not want to let that bug ruin it for me(but as i said, if it would have took me 30 minutes or more who knows if i wouldn't have quit myself).

And to get back to the Topic, i'm through with "The Red Strings Club" and really liked the game (although its a little short, was through the game in 5-6 hours).
Now i'm getting into "Seven: the Days Long Gone".
Until now (still at the beginning) i like it.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » January 27th, 2018, 1:50 pm

Godfather101 wrote:
January 26th, 2018, 11:07 pm
And to get back to the Topic
Yeah, just had to vent because I'm trying to play it.

I'm also playing Divinity Original Sin 2 with some friends. It's kind of weird playing both at the same time. I enjoy exploring in PoE more, but on the whole, I enjoy DOS2 much more. Although, I'm constantly hitting the wrong button for the journal and to highlight items, because each uses different keybindings.

That said, leveling in DOS2 feels much better. Somewhere around level 6 or 7, leveling started feeling mostly pointless in PoE. Especially when it came to adding to skills. I'm just kinda adding points wherever because it just doesn't matter all that much.

And while I'm at it, what's up with Chanters? My chanter is level 10 and only has level 1 and 2 chants, despite the leveling screen showing up to level 7 or so. Am I missing something?
Alwa nasci korliri das.

IHaveHugeNick
Master

Post by IHaveHugeNick » January 30th, 2018, 11:27 am

Drool wrote:
January 27th, 2018, 1:50 pm
Godfather101 wrote:
January 26th, 2018, 11:07 pm
And to get back to the Topic
Yeah, just had to vent because I'm trying to play it.

I'm also playing Divinity Original Sin 2 with some friends. It's kind of weird playing both at the same time. I enjoy exploring in PoE more, but on the whole, I enjoy DOS2 much more. Although, I'm constantly hitting the wrong button for the journal and to highlight items, because each uses different keybindings.

That said, leveling in DOS2 feels much better. Somewhere around level 6 or 7, leveling started feeling mostly pointless in PoE. Especially when it came to adding to skills. I'm just kinda adding points wherever because it just doesn't matter all that much.

And while I'm at it, what's up with Chanters? My chanter is level 10 and only has level 1 and 2 chants, despite the leveling screen showing up to level 7 or so. Am I missing something?
Chanters just have weird progression like that. Although in all fairness, they can be incredibly powerful even if it seems like they don't get much from levels.
Two rite whiff care is quite a feet of witch won should be proud.

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » January 30th, 2018, 2:41 pm

Zombra wrote:
January 26th, 2018, 10:37 am
Subnautica, first-person exploration/survival on an ocean world.
I just want to stress that Subnautica is very good. I can't put it down. And just when things are starting to get too familiar, new elements are introduced. Great stuff.

Jozape
Explorer

Post by Jozape » February 4th, 2018, 8:26 pm

Finished the first campaign for Hong Kong earlier and about to start the bonus campaign. Hong Kong despite its Matrix failings is definitely the best. Surprised more people aren't into this, but it does have quite a bit more writing than the others... Maybe that's the problem.

Anyways for Dragonfall's Glory I raise Hong Kong's Racter. I felt like the dialogue choices were actively trying to make me think Racter was some sort of abomination that shouldn't exist though. It's not his fault that he's a psychopath who hasn't actually done anything wrong before meeting the PC. His personal mission wasn't as interesting as Glory's, is0bel's, Gobbet, etc... But his perspective on things was very refreshing. Reminded me of Sten in Dragon: Age Origins in that aspect. What can't we have more characters like this?

Anyways I do feel my Shadowrun fatigue setting in so I guess I'll skip the replays for now. Once I'm done with the bonus campaign I'll take a break before looking at Arcanum I think.

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe » February 5th, 2018, 10:08 pm

I think it was fatigue for me.... It was a good game though...

I thought I would give Civ 6 another go.... and I am still pretty Meh about it.

On the longest time period. Tech and Civics are too quick to be gained, and buildings especially districts take too long to complete. I am sure with a bit of practise I could learn the ideal paths for building stuff and game it, but at this point its just not good enough.

The thing is the rest is fine. I like the underlying concept of districts, everything else still feels like civ. The workers being used up rather than taking time to build are different. I think I preferred the previous method of taking time to complete stuff, but that's not a big issue.
But when I get to the modern era, and it's taking me 30 odd turns to build a granary. Its a bit stupid, especially when in that time, I have discovered a couple of new tech and civics.
It's not too late. Make it Eight!

Godfather101
Explorer

Post by Godfather101 » February 12th, 2018, 3:35 pm

Zombra wrote:
January 30th, 2018, 2:41 pm
Zombra wrote:
January 26th, 2018, 10:37 am
Subnautica, first-person exploration/survival on an ocean world.
I just want to stress that Subnautica is very good. I can't put it down. And just when things are starting to get too familiar, new elements are introduced. Great stuff.
Well i started last Friday to play Subnautica (owned it through nearly 1 1/2 years from a humble bundel but never touched it), and yes, it is really good.
Many mistakes to make, many fun to have. ^^
Only problem i have is, i already unlocked nearly all blueprints (if the wiki page with the blueprints is correct, which i believe as i found all of them but no blueprint which was not there).

Now i will get on with the story (and build a new base in a more dangerous place with my cyclopse ^^).
Really great game!

Jozape
Explorer

Post by Jozape » February 17th, 2018, 11:33 am

Finished up the bonus campaign in Hong Kong which seemed a bit anemic... But it gave closure for some things, I guess. Still, really enjoyed the main campaign. Also played a few hours of The Stanley Parable which was absolutely hilarious. It doesn't take long to outstay it's welcome though as you have to take increasingly repetitive paths to access more stuff. Installed Arcanum and am looking at fan patches to install now. Is this GOG guide good? The patch given is from 2009 -- or at least that's what the post says -- so I just want to be sure there is nothing newer or better.

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » February 17th, 2018, 1:12 pm

My new obsession is Fire Pro Wrestling World. Huge visual and behavioral customization of wrestlers to pit AI vs. AI in the ring, with hundreds of moves and dozens of scripting triggers, no matchup will ever be like any other. You can grab a controller and actually play as a wrestler too if you want but I have no interest in that. Building my roster, tweaking my AI creations, winding them up and watching them go. It's fascinating. Also any pro wrestler you've ever heard of has been created on Steam Workshop and his behavior tweaked to act like the real thing, or you can go the other way and battle Lurch from the Addams Family and "the Human Hot Dog" in a tag team match against Reptile and Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. It's total madness.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » February 18th, 2018, 5:47 am

I picked up a bunch of older or smaller games from the Steam Lunar Sale. Of the ones I've had a chance to play:
  • Grow Home is a delightful... I don't know what you'd call it. Platformer? Adventure? Botany simulator? Either way, the game's central focus on growing a huge flower up into the sky is oddly compelling, and the general sense of progression and mastery of the controls and your abilities over the course of the game is really nicely done. I completed the main story it in just a few hours, and definitely enjoyed it.
  • Grow Up is the sequel to Grow Home. I've only put about a half-hour in so far, but it appears to be the same game concept, taken to a bigger scale and scope. There's less focus on the vertical and more horizontal exploration and navigation. The new mechanic of being able to grow individual types of plants to serve as platforming aids is also pretty cool.
  • Salt and Sanctuary is one I've been meaning to check out for quite a while but never got around to. Now that the Dark Souls series has seemingly wrapped up, this is the closest thing to scratch that itch for me. I've only played up to the first boss encounter (and died, of course), but the combat feels very tight and there's some really nice character animations on both you and the enemies. Looking forward to putting more time into it.

Cipher
Acolyte

Post by Cipher » February 18th, 2018, 7:24 am

Wasteland 2 DC .

Jedker
Initiate

Post by Jedker » February 26th, 2018, 7:31 am

Path of Exile, PoE is my favourite and best games, especially PoE currency alchemy
Empire Total War
Last edited by Jedker on April 11th, 2018, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » February 26th, 2018, 2:56 pm

Finished PoE.

Eh. It was... okay. Suppose I'm glad I played it, but not especially fired up to get the DLC or the sequel. I stand by my earlier assessment of being too high concept for its own good.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Jedker
Initiate

Post by Jedker » February 28th, 2018, 7:55 am

I understand, but I really like games of this type and I prefer PoE from D3. In D3 I played a year and it was a waste of time, very boring. In PoE I like very much alchemy, playing with orbs and builds. In my opinion, the coolest fun is with the poe currency, the fact that you can use them on objects. There is no currency in d3, and I would very much like it to be. But in PoE? PoE currency is great fun, I really love create and buy poe currency. They are definitely more ambitious games.
Last edited by Jedker on April 11th, 2018, 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Godfather101
Explorer

Post by Godfather101 » February 28th, 2018, 9:10 pm

I think there is misunderstanding.
Drool meant Pillars of Eternity with PoE.
You, as it seems, mean path of Exile. ;)

Playing a little Into the Breach now and i like it.
Still a long way to go until i unlock everything but right now i'm having fun.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » March 2nd, 2018, 4:09 pm

Godfather101 wrote:
February 28th, 2018, 9:10 pm
Drool meant Pillars of Eternity with PoE.
You, as it seems, mean path of Exile. ;)
I like Path of Exile well enough. It's a very good Diablo 2 clone.

Well, aside from the barter system. I really don't care for it at all.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Ronin73
Master

Post by Ronin73 » March 2nd, 2018, 7:33 pm

Didn't see this posted elsewhere (apologies if I missed it)

For those not adverse to Steam you can pick up a number of older Kickstarter games like the Shadowrun series, Wasteland 2 and Torment for $15 or less depending on what interests you from Humble.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/clas ... le_index_2
The biggest failure in the recent past is this assumption that the audience is not smart.Too much effort is being spent making it dummy proof..all the clues are being held right in front of their nose.The exploration and journey is the reward

Brian Fargo

Godfather101
Explorer

Post by Godfather101 » March 10th, 2018, 1:44 am

Right now i'm playing Pyre.
I don't know what it is with Supergiant, but they always nail it with their music/songs/sounds.
Also the artwork and Storys of their games(although fundamentally different this time) are really great.
Until now every Game from Supergiant was real fun to play/experience and i always bought the soundtrack with it.

Really really like Pyre.

Jedker
Initiate

Post by Jedker » March 10th, 2018, 7:10 am

I played D2 for a long time and I think that PoE is not a clone at all. The biggest difference is playing orbs and creating builds. There was nothing in D2 that resembled PoE orbs, and builds was simple. I really like the fact that the GGG studio cares for the Path of Exile players because they often release rich and extensive patches. More and more players, it speaks for itself. I think I will buy a little poe orbs myself, I wrote about this currency so much :-)
The most important thing a person has to be able to do is use skill trees and make the right build. PoE Currency is used in all this
Since there are so many users here who once played Path of Exile, I recommend you the best PoE Shop with PoE Currency https://odealo.com/games/path-of-exile
I now play at "They Are Billions", Ther're bilions is a very addictive game, but I prefer PoE
I really like strategy games and this game has drawn me into tens of hours.
Last edited by Jedker on April 11th, 2018, 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.