Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Discuss RPGs, video games, films, series, books. No political, religious or other serious debates, this is a hobby forum.

Moderator: SagaDC

Shadow of Death
Initiate

Re: Introduce yourself/general "hello" thread

Post by Shadow of Death » February 28th, 2017, 3:30 pm

Hullo thar!

I only registered today, but I've backed both Wasteland 2 and Torment. I just kind of didn't get around to joining the forums before now >_> I sort of missed the whole 'redeem your backer stuff' for Torment, and the Wasteland 2 portal went defunct and was replaced. So yeah, new guy that isn't really new, just late to the forum game >_>

So yeah, I play games, watch movies and TV, and all the expected stuff. I like a lot of media, but I suppose the thing that would stand out the most would be MLP: Friendship is Magic. Yeah, I'm one of the dreaded brony lot XD

Splod
Initiate

Post by Splod » April 6th, 2017, 3:01 pm

G'day all!

I've only just registered (like so many of you), but was kicked into it by T:ToN dropping into my front yard this week. Once I'd wrestled it from the dog (luckily no damage), it was put into my last moving carton, and shipped to the other end of Australia!

So I'm waiting for the physical version to arrive in my new city, but I'm sitting back today and installing all the digital content to play the game :)

Can't wait to get started! I haven't been this excited for a game, since 12 year old me bought Baldur's Gate and raced home to play it!

IHaveHugeNick
Master

Post by IHaveHugeNick » April 13th, 2017, 6:10 am

jackmarco wrote:
April 10th, 2017, 7:31 pm
Oh this topic is so funny and interesting, it is exactly what I'm looking for :)
Are you are robot? You sound a bit like a robot.
Two rite whiff care is quite a feet of witch won should be proud.

William_hdc
Initiate

Hi everyone!!!

Post by William_hdc » June 10th, 2017, 1:48 am

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie there. Hopefully share and get much useful knowledge from you all.

Andrea23
Initiate

Post by Andrea23 » August 9th, 2017, 2:22 am

Hi I am Andrea

sear
Developer

Post by sear » September 30th, 2017, 6:47 am

Hi Andrea!

Orpheus the Bard
Acolyte

Post by Orpheus the Bard » November 17th, 2017, 8:00 pm

Hello again, Some here may already know, remember me.

I came back because I just found the survey in my email inbox listing & found got up to date with my pledge so long ago now. It feels so long ago. I assume that it might have been late 2014 or early 2015 when I got that sorted out. Yet, because I don't have much of handle here or could think of anything to discuss aside from my history with playing two third of the original trilogy & only ever completing new fangled version of the game that I could only buy second hand for the PS2. There's also a bit of aa story behind a invalid dungeon disk that came with my retail copy of Destiny Knight or was it that the game itself was the very first one packaged into slip disk case of the second game. I know, cause I still have these. Talk about factory second products. I suspect they feel off the back of truck taking them to the dump. Of course, I should shut up about that, since I recently the acquired the entire trilogy again off this game's KS as a DOS emulation & it appears to work better than the Steam version I purchased in a sale practically around the same time I started backing this one. That is to say, I lasted longer in those games than the Steam or original ones. Aside from a niggling problem with sometimes non responding keyboard. Where I merely resorted to using the mouse arrow prompts on the minature game screen. This just won't do when I need to save my party & game to hard disk. Graphics do look a bit off compared to what I was used to. Might be something wrong with the shaders. While the look, of some of the graphics have improved in the second game while comparing the character portraits of the A-Team in both first & second games. Noting that the Paladin (Brian the Fist.) looked better, but not the Bard (Markus) & Rogue. (Sir Grady.) . After looking at the Steam version again just now. I think they might have remastered those emulation if they weren't that way in the first. place. I stand corrected if they weren't this way before, but the graphics, including the title loading screen (While the Destiny Knight still looks bit suspect.) while moments earlier I am also treated the matching scanned game box cover art. Both character portraits, creature portraits and other in game graphics look as intended. While the newer emulation has terrible reds colouring the city streets, country side. The title loading screens are a shocking array of green, aqua & purple & more pixelated. Perhaps taken from the inferior Spectrum & BBC Micro. As for Thief of Fate. It's the other way round. The steam version is inferior, badly coloured, more pixelated & the new one is not much better, but not as bad either. However, I found bunch of options that effect the game including graphic. It's very technical and might need careful & long experimentation. So far, I pressed 15 jus to see what happens, and got nothing noticeable at first. Steam have also packaged these earlier titles with the newer game & they are artfully kept within that games menu. I think I still prefer that one, but also found more recent emulation enjoyable enough. Right now, I am playing Thief of Fate & only that one cause the Steam Version keeps freezing on blue screen every time I try to press y after the loading animation has started.

Anyway, I have some ideas I wanted to share, but they were regarding game mechanics (NO, not those that work on Automobiles.) concerning use of HIDE IN THE SHADOWS. It may have been just sarcasm but back in the days when I was talking about earlier Bard's Tale with friends. They were giving me a tough time about this. laughing at my rationalisation how I thought it worked at the time. Like wrote earlier, Maybe sarcasm, maybe just acceptance that it is only a game after all, but I have been looking into that for some time and have some theories about how this truly translates to real life stealthing in manner of forms. Maybe I have already mentioned this some where else on this forum months ago.

Otherwise, maybe later.

tweetious
Initiate

Post by tweetious » December 6th, 2017, 12:15 am

hey there ! looking forward for the releasing of the game 8-)