[Tools] Unity Asset Editor (Zip)

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

camoflagecaper
Initiate

[Tools] Unity Asset Editor (Zip)

Post by camoflagecaper » August 10th, 2014, 10:24 am

UPDATED! 9-7-2015

Unity Asset Editor
is a plug-in based asset editor, exporter, and importer for modding games created with the Unity Game Engine. It can import and export any asset in raw data format. It can also be extended to support any kind of asset type through the use of plug-ins.

This is an early version of UAE, so expect some bugs. I also can't guarantee it will work with every game or every file. If you find a file or game it doesn't work with let me know so I can figure out what's wrong. Also any suggestions will be listened too, and if I can do it I will.

Included are the main program, the Text File Plugin, the Texture Plugin, and the Audio plugin.

Also included is a Visual Studio 2008 project and source files for making a plug-in DLL.

Make sure to read the readme file for more information about the tool.

BETA 1,2 and 3. 3 will be the most recent while the two previous will hold earlier versions. As of posting this not all versions are ready, so the links will contain defaults. Beta 3 will always contain the latest version.

Tools
Unity Asset Editor (Zip) Download!

UAE_0_3(BETA_1)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a0ubw ... A_1%29.zip

UAE_0_3(BETA_2)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/s8zch ... A_2%29.zip

UAE_0_3(BETA_3) (lastest!version)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h0ttk ... A_3%29.zip

Let u know on unity 5 Build! soon!
Camo
Last edited by camoflagecaper on September 7th, 2015, 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

camoflagecaper
Initiate

Re: [Tools] Unity Asset Editor (Zip)

Post by camoflagecaper » August 10th, 2014, 10:30 am

camoflagecaper wrote:Can we have a Sub forum for Modding! Please! Add ,Move this to topic to !

Unity Asset Editor
is a plug-in based asset editor, exporter, and importer for modding games created with the Unity Game Engine. It can import and export any asset in raw data format. It can also be extended to support any kind of asset type through the use of plug-ins.

This is an early version of UAE, so expect some bugs. I also can't guarantee it will work with every game or every file. If you find a file or game it doesn't work with let me know so I can figure out what's wrong. Also any suggestions will be listened too, and if I can do it I will.

Included are the main program, the Text File Plugin, the Texture Plugin, and the Audio plugin.

Also included is a Visual Studio 2008 project and source files for making a plug-in DLL.

Make sure to read the readme file for more information about the tool.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xra72 ... AE_0_2.zip

Camo
Path to file structure is: Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wasteland 2\Build\WL2_Data

Files: resources.assets - sharedassets0.assets - sharedassets1.assets

camoflagecaper
Initiate

Post by camoflagecaper » August 10th, 2014, 10:42 am

This is for Either players or modelers, Who want to try to Mod WL2! Ty!

:idea:

camoflagecaper
Initiate

Post by camoflagecaper » August 10th, 2014, 11:16 am

i did a test! And Used the Unity Asset Editor

I opened resources.assets in the WL2Data dir.
And Export or extracted the texture file WL2_Equipment File ID:1622

DDS. File And Changed the file to a image jpeg test!
To Show it does work!

Link to the image!

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1Qv5 ... sp=sharing

dorkboy
Master

Post by dorkboy » August 10th, 2014, 11:33 am

I guess this would be the place for all things modding: https://wasteland.inxile-entertainment. ... m.php?f=18
marmelade & jam

camoflagecaper
Initiate

Post by camoflagecaper » August 10th, 2014, 11:45 am

dorkboy wrote:I guess this would be the place for all things modding: https://wasteland.inxile-entertainment. ... m.php?f=18
lol thanks!

didnt see it i missed it! :/
Maybe one of the forum moderators can move it to that subforum! :)

vinokopimi
Initiate

Post by vinokopimi » August 25th, 2014, 1:41 am

thanks for this was able to edit some of the hud and portraits of cnpc :)

McDougle
Adventurer

Post by McDougle » August 25th, 2014, 10:44 pm

Sounds amazing!

Sound like this could also work for Shadowrun Returns at the end of the day.
>When I said “no” I felt like a kid who had to stay inside and practice the piano while all his friends got to go eat ice cream and have awesome sex on the moon.<Pat Rothfuss
Shadowrun Returns videos (LetsPlays, Editor Tutorials, Modding)

McDougle
Adventurer

Post by McDougle » September 21st, 2014, 12:05 pm

Hah! Totally forgot about this thread (just wanted to start one myself).

FYI Rangers, it does actually worked. I was easily able to export, edit and then replace portraits from inside the game. Wav, OGG and probably text and mesh/texture formats may very well also be moddable with this tool.

I used the UAE 0.3 Beta 3 though (direct Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/h0ttk ... A_3%29.zip), because it enbales to search for files (very helpful for a less spoilery aproach).

Original thread with Beta link: http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread ... BETA/page2

EDIT:
A quick proof of concept showing Ralphie's edited portrait (now he looks like he talks... dat momma boy... :roll: ):
>When I said “no” I felt like a kid who had to stay inside and practice the piano while all his friends got to go eat ice cream and have awesome sex on the moon.<Pat Rothfuss

sage
Initiate

Post by sage » September 21st, 2014, 12:57 pm

I'd love if it could edit text resources, but it doesn't appear to recognize components that are text - just "audio", "texture" and "game object".

McDougle
Adventurer

Post by McDougle » September 21st, 2014, 1:20 pm

I was able to read some ingame text with the UAE... but I admit I didn't try to export / import text.

Also interesting will be to see if we can use the "Add" function for things like character creation meshes... :twisted:

sage
Initiate

Post by sage » September 23rd, 2014, 1:13 pm

I can find what appears to be the resources that contain the parameters for various weapons, but other than a few recognizeable words, the parameters themselves aren't readable / recognizeable.

sage
Initiate

Post by sage » September 25th, 2014, 10:12 am

Does anyone know if there's being any progress on being able to extract, edit and restore the various parameter files?

Zeronet
Scholar

Post by Zeronet » September 27th, 2014, 10:27 pm

I tried coloring some of the armour textures, specifically T_Ranger_A_Torso_E_D.dds, imported my edited one into the game, but the textures didn't change in the game. I'm presuming it didn't actually overwrite somehow.

dreamtourist
Initiate

Post by dreamtourist » September 28th, 2014, 9:19 am

Zeronet wrote:I tried coloring some of the armour textures, specifically T_Ranger_A_Torso_E_D.dds, imported my edited one into the game, but the textures didn't change in the game. I'm presuming it didn't actually overwrite somehow.
Hi, if the "T_Ranger_A_Torso_E_D.dds" you edited is for "Wearable_Ranger_A_Torso_E". I believe you will need to replace the "T_Ranger_A_Torso_E_N.dds" within "ItemTemplates_CharacterCreate.unity3d" to see a change ingame.

The game doesn't seem to use most of the resource files within "resources.assets". There are many duplicates within the .unity3d files. I know it uses the dds for Loadscreens though, as I've actually changed my version's "Loadscreen03.dds" with Unity Asset Editor.

Below are some of the files I had to edit to get the changes to appear ingame.
*copy&pasted dds hex string with Hex Editor

AZ02_Highpool.unity3d
-changed "wl2_Portrait_JesseBell.dds" with Hex-editor
-changed "wl2_portrait_teen02.dds"

MobTemplates.unity3d
-changed "wl2_Portrait_KatePreston.dds"

AZ01_KillingFields_Destroyed.unity3d
AZ01_CentralBasement.unity3d
-changed "wl2_portrait_ranger06.dds" (Kathy Lawson)

Also, edits to items has to be done to "ItemTemplates.unity3d" for all ingame items, and "ItemTemplates_CharacterCreate.unity3d" for all the beginner clothes/underwears/PC character's bodyparts.
Edits to NPC characters will need to be done to the scene file itself, or the MobTemplates file, if the NPC's data isn't in their scene file.

Hope that helps with your armor edits.

PS,
Some tips to keep in mind while hex editing.
*Keep backup copy outside Streaming folder, otherwise will cause missing models ingame.
*Must Exit & Restart game everytime file is edited, otherwise game keeps using old version.
*If an item only has 1 effect, adding another will cause the game to crash while loading.
*An item's existing effect can not only have it's value edited, but can actually be changed to another effect entirely.

fedprod
Novice

Post by fedprod » September 28th, 2014, 12:44 pm

I simply used disUnity for extracting the other raw Unity Archives for looking into the data, works fine.
I just don't know if extracted files placed in the correct file structure override the ones inside the archives, not yet fiddled with modding the files, just diging and reading through the Text and Item infos.
I guess they should override the ones in the archives but I could be wrong there, not much worked with unity really.
But normally there should be no need to edit the whole archive everytime ^^"

Edit: Oh, and dont forget, UAE has the option to automatically convert the .tex files to .dds, but I bet you need to convert your edited .dds back to .tex to have them used by the game.

Zeronet
Scholar

Post by Zeronet » September 28th, 2014, 1:09 pm

dreamtourist wrote:
Zeronet wrote:
Hope that helps with your armor edits.

PS,
Some tips to keep in mind while hex editing.
*Keep backup copy outside Streaming folder, otherwise will cause missing models ingame.
*Must Exit & Restart game everytime file is edited, otherwise game keeps using old version.
*If an item only has 1 effect, adding another will cause the game to crash while loading.
*An item's existing effect can not only have it's value edited, but can actually be changed to another effect entirely.
Thanks for the advice.

camoflagecaper
Initiate

Post by camoflagecaper » September 8th, 2015, 5:35 pm

UPDATED! 9-7-2015
[Tools] Unity Asset Editor (Zips)

all downloads are updated to the recent versions and old ones!!

Camo.. Happy modeling

HawK-EyE
Initiate

Post by HawK-EyE » September 11th, 2015, 1:34 am

Great ! Many thanks for the update.

Marsi84
Initiate

Post by Marsi84 » October 16th, 2015, 7:18 pm

I just tried to load the resources.assets from Planetbase but UAE crashes cuz of a Runtime Error