Wasteland 2 Ranger Editor

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Re: Wasteland 2 Beta Ranger Editor

Post by Woolfe »

WL2 patch comes down through Steam. I assume you are using steam to play aren't you?
It's not too late. Make it Eight!
leonfire
Initiate

Post by leonfire »

Woolfe wrote:WL2 patch comes down through Steam. I assume you are using steam to play aren't you?
Do i need pay for it?
Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe »

Not if you were a backer.
Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool »

Unless you pirated the beta, you have it through Steam. Unless you specifically told Steam not to do updates (or told it not to update Wasteland 2), it will automatically download the update.
Alwa nasci korliri das.
leonfire
Initiate

Post by leonfire »

I have a steam account with 35 games but sadly i dont have wasteland 2, i guess i will need to purchase it. However its only beta version atm...
The Tallest
Adventurer

Post by The Tallest »

Woolfe wrote:Not if you were a backer.
Well, that's not technically true. We paid for it. But at the time of the KS.
I am a member of Macho Yintit's Society for Pantsless Landsharks.
David Ngo wrote: There are two kinds of people: sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners, and they don't look back because they have no necks. Necks are for sheep.
Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe »

The Tallest wrote:
Woolfe wrote:Not if you were a backer.
Well, that's not technically true. We paid for it. But at the time of the KS.

I never paid for the game. I backed it at a level, that just happened to coincide with receiving certain rewards.

Would I have backed at the same level... if there were no rewards. Probably not, but the technicality is in the fine print.

Anyway OT.
leonfire wrote:I have a steam account with 35 games but sadly i dont have wasteland 2, i guess i will need to purchase it. However its only beta version atm...
Yes perhaps you should purchase it. It is available from the store http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/store
WITHOUT access to the Beta (Altho it is looking close to release at the moment)
Or via Steam WITH Access to the Beta.

And perhaps you should consider your actions before coming and asking for support for a game you appear to have pirated :x :roll:
The Tallest
Adventurer

Post by The Tallest »

Does anyone know if Blake has updated the editor for yesterday's update?
I am a member of Macho Yintit's Society for Pantsless Landsharks.
David Ngo wrote: There are two kinds of people: sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners, and they don't look back because they have no necks. Necks are for sheep.
BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone »

The current version of my editor seems to work with this latest beta update. It's missing the newest portraits that were changed for the pre-built rangers. Hopefully Vault_13 will update his collection soon.
A bunch of raw recruits and you untied the goddamn Gordian knot. -General Vargas
delushin
Initiate

Post by delushin »

BlakeStone wrote:send it to my forum name at outlook dotcom
Also, I just uploaded a new jar that added some missing portraits.
I think there might be some more missing portraits? I have started a game with Slick, Fade, Pills and Hex. I can't seem to find their portraits in the editor, when I load my save it defaults them to that default enemy like others have experienced but I can't find those portraits?

You wont believe that I can't even find them online or screenshot the game screen, it just takes a snapshot of the desktop ...
delushin
Initiate

Post by delushin »

BlakeStone wrote:The current version of my editor seems to work with this latest beta update. It's missing the newest portraits that were changed for the pre-built rangers. Hopefully Vault_13 will update his collection soon.
Forget about my post above ... I should have read this to the end ... your waiting on updated pictures :)
BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone »

I went ahead and put in some placeholder portraits for the new pre-made rangers so that your in-game pictures don't get lost. You'll need the latest jar for this.
A bunch of raw recruits and you untied the goddamn Gordian knot. -General Vargas
delushin
Initiate

Post by delushin »

BlakeStone wrote:I went ahead and put in some placeholder portraits for the new pre-made rangers so that your in-game pictures don't get lost. You'll need the latest jar for this.
Thanks mate :)

Keep up the good work!!!
Felixg91
Adventurer

Post by Felixg91 »

where do I download this wondrous beast? please?

this is just what I wanted!

thanks!

Reading back the post says to go to IT in the first post....thanks

will try that.
daft73
Initiate

Post by daft73 »

Felixg91 wrote:where do I download this wondrous beast? please?

this is just what I wanted!

thanks!

Reading back the post says to go to IT in the first post....thanks

will try that.
It is in the OP, comment #1 ;) the it is all you need.
BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone »

Thanks to Vault_13 for providing the in-game artwork I was able to update the jar with the new portraits for the pre-made rangers.
Baggletastic
Initiate

Post by Baggletastic »

Hey, not sure if anyone here could help me, but I'm at a complete loss at this point.

I downloaded the editor and fired it up, but immediately noticed that the window after I'd loaded my save into it was quite large. It's actually too tall to fit fully on my screen, and so I can't see the bottom of the editor at all, which means I can't save my changes. I can't move the window up, since if I try to, it immediately pops back down because Windows 7 hates me (or something like that). I also can't resize the window at all. Does anyone have an idea of how I could fix this?

Quick edit: Writing the post up gave me the idea to try to disable the "snap" feature of Windows 7, which I tried. I then tried to move the window up high enough with the arrow keys to see the bottom, but for whatever reason, it resized the bottom of the window automatically, so now I can see even less of the interface. I swear I have a gift for breaking things.
BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone »

Check a couple of things:

Are you running Java 6 or better?
Is your screen resolution greater than 1042 x 811? (this was the smallest I could make the window and still fit everything in.)
Last edited by BlakeStone on June 25th, 2014, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baggletastic
Initiate

Post by Baggletastic »

Yeah, I updated Java a couple days ago, actually. So it's up to date.

... My screen resolution is 1360 x 768. That's probably my issue. I'll try plugging into a smaller display and see what I come up with.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Edit: It worked! My screen must have been too big. I got a smaller screen, restarted, and it works perfectly! Thanks for the tip.
BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone »

Your resolution is 16:9 which is great, but you don't need to go smaller. The next 16:9 would be 1600 x 900 assuming your system supports that resolution. I'm running 1920 x 1080

Return to “Wasteland 2: Community Content”