Wasteland 2 Ranger Editor

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

BlakeStone
Explorer

Re: Wasteland 2 Beta Ranger Editor

Post by BlakeStone »

I've uploaded the new jar file.
Changes to the canteen and rad suits to be party items should be working now.
Note that NPC's still have their own personal canteen with 15 water. It does not seem to add to the party water of 60.

Be warned that the NPC canteen, when you right click on it and select 'Equip' does not affect the party canteen.
Dragging and dropping the NPC canteen onto the party canteen will result in your party only having 15 water and may be why you find yourself running out of water in the World Map. If you've swapped your party canteen for the NPC canteen, you can right click on it and select 'Equip' but it will not have any effect. Only dragging and dropping seems to work.

The party Radiation Suit also has these same issues. When you replace the default +1 suit with the +4 version you find in one of the caches, you must drag and drop it onto the +1 suit for it to work. If you right click and select 'Equip' it only equips it for that ranger, not the party and may not even work then, so be sure to drag and drop.

This new party canteen and radiation suit stuff is still buggy in the inventory UI and if you have done any combination of right click equipping and dragging and dropping, you will end up with some dupes and likely a bugged game.

There may also be some issues with ammo as I have not seen any 9mm in the Wasteland and 7.62 was swapped with 5.56 for Assault Rifles. .38 seems to have been substituted for 9mm.
A bunch of raw recruits and you untied the goddamn Gordian knot. -General Vargas
The Tallest
Adventurer

Post by The Tallest »

BlakeStone wrote:I've uploaded the new jar file.
Changes to the canteen and rad suits to be party items should be working now.
Note that NPC's still have their own personal canteen with 15 water. It does not seem to add to the party water of 60.

Be warned that the NPC canteen, when you right click on it and select 'Equip' does not affect the party canteen.
Dragging and dropping the NPC canteen onto the party canteen will result in your party only having 15 water and may be why you find yourself running out of water in the World Map. If you've swapped your party canteen for the NPC canteen, you can right click on it and select 'Equip' but it will not have any effect. Only dragging and dropping seems to work.

The party Radiation Suit also has these same issues. When you replace the default +1 suit with the +4 version you find in one of the caches, you must drag and drop it onto the +1 suit for it to work. If you right click and select 'Equip' it only equips it for that ranger, not the party and may not even work then, so be sure to drag and drop.

This new party canteen and radiation suit stuff is still buggy in the inventory UI and if you have done any combination of right click equipping and dragging and dropping, you will end up with some dupes and likely a bugged game.

There may also be some issues with ammo as I have not seen any 9mm in the Wasteland and 7.62 was swapped with 5.56 for Assault Rifles. .38 seems to have been substituted for 9mm.
9mm and 7.62 are still there but I've not found any weapons as of yet that actually use them. Also, the traits are not working. But I think you mentioned that. The only way to use a trait is do add it via an xml editor; discovered that just messing about actually.
I am a member of Macho Yintit's Society for Pantsless Landsharks.
David Ngo wrote: There are two kinds of people: sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners, and they don't look back because they have no necks. Necks are for sheep.
BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone »

Good catch, all fixed now... new jar.
As to the ammo, I thought it was strange that i hadn't seen those weapon types. It was much later before I did and it was after my post above. I had even seen one of the SMG's that had a description about spitting out 9mm but it's ammo type had been changed to .38 bullets.
A bunch of raw recruits and you untied the goddamn Gordian knot. -General Vargas
Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool »

Doesn't the Bren use 7.62?
Alwa nasci korliri das.
BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone »

Yes it does. It seems they've changed ammo types for several weapons is all.
The Tallest
Adventurer

Post by The Tallest »

Drool wrote:Doesn't the Bren use 7.62?
As does the BAR.
David Ngo wrote: There are two kinds of people: sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners, and they don't look back because they have no necks. Necks are for sheep.
The Tallest
Adventurer

Post by The Tallest »

BlakeStone wrote:Good catch, all fixed now... new jar.
As to the ammo, I thought it was strange that i hadn't seen those weapon types. It was much later before I did and it was after my post above. I had even seen one of the SMG's that had a description about spitting out 9mm but it's ammo type had been changed to .38 bullets.
Awesome, I'll download the new .jar file today.
Muad_Dib
Initiate

Post by Muad_Dib »

Any reason why I can open and edit my savegames but it won't start the program when I choose char only?
irc.rizon.net #wasteland2
Join my wasteland 2 irc discussion channel with mirc or use this web applet. https://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=wasteland2&uio=d4
BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone »

Muad_Dib wrote:Any reason why I can open and edit my savegames but it won't start the program when I choose char only?
The change to Party Canteen and Party Rad Suit save games broke the char only part. All fixed now, get the new jar.
Muad_Dib
Initiate

Post by Muad_Dib »

Awesome, it seems to work fine now.
irc.rizon.net #wasteland2
Join my wasteland 2 irc discussion channel with mirc or use this web applet. https://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=wasteland2&uio=d4
leonfire
Initiate

Post by leonfire »

where is the download link? I cant see it :/
BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone »

leonfire wrote:where is the download link? I cant see it :/
click on the word "it" in the first post.
leonfire
Initiate

Post by leonfire »

BlakeStone wrote:
leonfire wrote:where is the download link? I cant see it :/
click on the word "it" in the first post.
Haha xD, thx so much.
leonfire
Initiate

Post by leonfire »

Everytime i open my save game with the editor...nothing happened. It didnt work, can anyone help me? :cry:
BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone »

I can open save games. I know you had some issues with ranger files, could it be you are out of memory from that bug? Maybe reboot and try again.
If it still doesn't work, email me your save game xml file to my forum name at outlook dot com.
leonfire
Initiate

Post by leonfire »

BlakeStone wrote:I can open save games. I know you had some issues with ranger files, could it be you are out of memory from that bug? Maybe reboot and try again.
If it still doesn't work, email me your save game xml file to my forum name at outlook dot com.
I sent my save games to BlakeStone@outlook dot com. My email vega_boy_sweet yahoo dot com. Please help thx.
BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone »

Your save file is an OLD save game that is not compatible with the current version of my editor due to it not having the change to the Party Canteen and Party Rad Suit that is in the current Wasteland 2.
You can fix it by loading it into Wasteland 2 and then re-saving the game. The new save will add the Party items to the save file and then you should be able to open it in my editor.
leonfire
Initiate

Post by leonfire »

BlakeStone wrote:Your save file is an OLD save game that is not compatible with the current version of my editor due to it not having the change to the Party Canteen and Party Rad Suit that is in the current Wasteland 2.
You can fix it by loading it into Wasteland 2 and then re-saving the game. The new save will add the Party items to the save file and then you should be able to open it in my editor.
Thx. Maybe my version is old, its not #39080. Do u know where i can download the lastest version? Thx alot.
The Tallest
Adventurer

Post by The Tallest »

leonfire wrote:
BlakeStone wrote:Your save file is an OLD save game that is not compatible with the current version of my editor due to it not having the change to the Party Canteen and Party Rad Suit that is in the current Wasteland 2.
Thx. Maybe my version is old, its not #39080. Do u know where i can download the lastest version? Thx alot.
It's in the very first post of this thread.
leonfire
Initiate

Post by leonfire »

The Tallest wrote:
leonfire wrote:
It's in the very first post of this thread.
Sorry for my stupid question but there is only the link for editor, not wl2 lastest patch.

Return to “Wasteland 2: Community Content”