Wasteland 2 Ranger Editor

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

The Tallest
Adventurer

Re: Wasteland 2 Ranger Editor

Post by The Tallest » November 7th, 2015, 11:00 am

BlakeStone wrote:
The Tallest wrote:EDIT I get an error saying the following: "This app cannot run on your PC."
It may be that the downloaded jar file was flagged by Windows 10.
Right click on it and select Properties. See if there's an "Unblock" option at the bottom of the dialog box.
It was and I clicked on unblocked and it's still not working.

I don't see why the old version works but the new version doesn't.
I am a member of Macho Yintit's Society for Pantsless Landsharks.
David Ngo wrote: There are two kinds of people: sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners, and they don't look back because they have no necks. Necks are for sheep.

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » November 7th, 2015, 11:07 am

corrupted download?
get a fresh jar.
update Java 8
A bunch of raw recruits and you untied the goddamn Gordian knot. -General Vargas

Ness
Initiate

Post by Ness » November 7th, 2015, 11:26 am

Quirks can not be removed, only to change

The Tallest
Adventurer

Post by The Tallest » November 7th, 2015, 12:55 pm

BlakeStone wrote:corrupted download?
get a fresh jar.
update Java 8
Thought of that and downloaded it three times. Same result. Also tried updating Java and it keeps telling me it's the current version.
David Ngo wrote: There are two kinds of people: sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners, and they don't look back because they have no necks. Necks are for sheep.

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » November 7th, 2015, 3:54 pm

One person said they had to add .jar to their anti virus software.
Also, make sure Java 8 or greater. I don't think it will work on 7 and eairlier.
A bunch of raw recruits and you untied the goddamn Gordian knot. -General Vargas

The Tallest
Adventurer

Post by The Tallest » November 7th, 2015, 4:01 pm

BlakeStone wrote:One person said they had to add .jar to their anti virus software.
Also, make sure Java 8 or greater. I don't think it will work on 7 and eairlier.
I'll give that a try. Again, it doesn't make sense as to why the old version works but the new one doesn't. I'm already up to date on Java; Java 8.65. It's also already allowed as an exception through my anti-virus software.

Like I said, I can run the non-DC version of the editor with the old version of the game. The DC version of the editor will open but will not actually load a save file. If I go to Task Manager it shows Java running but it doesn't actually open the editor.

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » November 7th, 2015, 7:24 pm

if you have a process running "javaw.exe" then end task on it and launch the editor again.

The Tallest
Adventurer

Post by The Tallest » November 8th, 2015, 4:29 am

BlakeStone wrote:if you have a process running "javaw.exe" then end task on it and launch the editor again.
I did that too, doesn't work. I'll try deleting the old editor, maybe theres conflict.

Deleted the old editor and it's still not working. I'll just stick to using the xml editor for now. It's too bad as I loved your editor.

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » November 8th, 2015, 6:27 am

The Tallest wrote:
BlakeStone wrote:if you have a process running "javaw.exe" then end task on it and launch the editor again.
I did that too, doesn't work. I'll try deleting the old editor, maybe theres conflict.

Deleted the old editor and it's still not working. I'll just stick to using the xml editor for now. It's too bad as I loved your editor.
Send me your save folder and portraits. You had a thing before with saving with multiple periods in the save names. Maybe it's something like that.

EDIT: that's assuming you are able to get to the point where you can choose a save file. Try running it from the command line. open a cmd.exe and change directory to the folder where the jar is and type: java -jar WL2DCRangerEditor-92309-4.jar

The Tallest
Adventurer

Post by The Tallest » November 8th, 2015, 7:10 am

BlakeStone wrote:
The Tallest wrote:

Send me your save folder and portraits. You had a thing before with saving with multiple periods in the save names. Maybe it's something like that.

EDIT: that's assuming you are able to get to the point where you can choose a save file. Try running it from the command line. open a cmd.exe and change directory to the folder where the jar is and type: java -jar WL2DCRangerEditor-92309-4.jar
FIXED!! Thanks, Blake.
Last edited by The Tallest on November 8th, 2015, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ClashFan
Explorer

Post by ClashFan » November 8th, 2015, 10:17 am

I got the backpack issue fixed. I simply went back into the save file and manually deleted the backpacks from Takayuki and Pizepi, then added them back in via BlakeStone's editor.

However, I cannot resolve the perk issue. I cannot get the editor to recognize Pizepi's Tactical Positioning perk, which is one of the 4 that she starts with. I'm almost positive that my earlier modifying her part of the save file before using the editor is the culprit.

I even tried deleting ALL of her perks from a save file and loading it. She still shows her 4 original perks in game (inc. TP), but the editor still does not show TP. I also tried dismissing her and readding her since the game sets some parts of the character back to default, like clothing, etc. Still no joy.

Again, this does not appear to be affecting game play, so no big deal. Just a puzzle that I'd like to solve.
:-)

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » November 8th, 2015, 10:26 am

ClashFan wrote:...I cannot get the editor to recognize Pizepi's Tactical Positioning perk
Check to make sure Pizepi's Perception is set correctly. Tactical Positioning requires Perception rank 3 which is saved as 6 skill points in the editor/save-game.

Revolucas
Explorer

Post by Revolucas » November 8th, 2015, 10:53 am

@ClashFan: You cannot remove starting traits for CNPC, they will be re-added by game no matter what.

The Tallest
Adventurer

Post by The Tallest » November 8th, 2015, 11:16 am

@Blake

Thanks for the help I'm up and running with the editor again. Really appreciate you looking at my save game.

ChaosNOrder
Initiate

Post by ChaosNOrder » November 8th, 2015, 12:22 pm

I don't think the page & the links on the first page has been updated to allow us to dl the DC editor.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » November 8th, 2015, 12:26 pm

Um... right at the top of the page...

Alwa nasci korliri das.

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » November 8th, 2015, 2:21 pm

I just uploaded a new jar version 92309-5
See the readme release notes section for changes.

ClashFan
Explorer

Post by ClashFan » November 8th, 2015, 6:45 pm

VOILA! When I modded Pizepi earlier, I took away two of her skills, including Perception, and reassigned her skill points. So, now she appears nice and fine in the editor!

Thanks, again!

Update: the portraits now look terrific in version 5, at least to me. No longer overly bright/washed out.

ChaosNOrder
Initiate

Post by ChaosNOrder » November 9th, 2015, 5:41 pm

Funny. When I first heard about the editor for DC coming out, the links didn't update, when I visited the site. Got 'em now.

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » November 15th, 2015, 9:52 am

Get the new jar file. See the Release Notes for changes to version 92788-1