Wasteland 2 Ranger Editor

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

BlakeStone
Explorer

Re: Wasteland 2 Beta Ranger Editor

Post by BlakeStone »

New jar file uploaded.

Removed Skills:
Evasion
Field Stripping
Salvaging
Silent Move
Synth Tech

Added Skill:
Mechanical Repair

NOTE: Custom Portraits do not work in Wasteland 2 Beta #34046, get the patch update to #34119
A bunch of raw recruits and you untied the goddamn Gordian knot. -General Vargas
The Tallest
Adventurer

Post by The Tallest »

Awesome. I'll download it when I get home from work.
I am a member of Macho Yintit's Society for Pantsless Landsharks.
David Ngo wrote: There are two kinds of people: sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners, and they don't look back because they have no necks. Necks are for sheep.
SniperHF
Adventurer

Post by SniperHF »

I've tried using this three times and each time it corrupted my save with infinite load bug.

Any ideas?
I only want to use it to fix my portraits, they are all being reset to ranger1 for some reason.
BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone »

I've used it a couple times, no infinite load bug. This beta patch does have that bug still in it though as I've read in some posts. If you want to send me your save game and portraits, I'll try and debug them.
Also, do you have build #34119 because #34046 had the portrait bug that my editor could not fix.
A bunch of raw recruits and you untied the goddamn Gordian knot. -General Vargas
Lexx
Scholar

Post by Lexx »

Got the same infinite loading bug after saving with the tool. But honestly didn't tried much more after that. :>

Btw. I would love to be able to export a character from one savegame and import it into another. Optionally with or without inventory.
BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone »

I'm not convinced my editor is causing the infinite loading bug since I used it massively yesterday without issue. That doesn't mean it's not true, but it would help me to possibly figure out the issue if you guys would zip up your Wasteland2 folder with the save games and portraits etc. and email it to me for debugging. Instructions for emailing me your zip file is in post #1
SniperHF
Adventurer

Post by SniperHF »

I'll see if I can remember which one of my saves I had the issue with.

When I manually edited the XML I had no issues. I am on the current build.
BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone »

I did finally run into an infinite load situation. It only seemed to happen when the editor tries to save when a ranger has a Grenade or RPG-7 or LAW Rocket equipped. I've made changes to Save for these items so it shouldn't cause the infinite load problem anymore.
Last edited by BlakeStone on March 3rd, 2014, 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lexx
Scholar

Post by Lexx »

Btw. I would still love to be able to import / export characters from savegames. :p

I can do this manually, but I don't really want to. :>
BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone »

Thanks for the feature request, Lexx. I'll look into adding it to a future release.
BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone »

More infinite load fixes. I uploaded a new jar. Changes from the latest patch made some small adjustments where I had to adjust the save for items that are equipped but don't use ammo, and items that take ammo and are equipped but are currently out of ammo.
I've fixed the ones I know about but there may be more single use items out there.
Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None »

Hey Blake, if you found any info and errors when working through this infinite load stuff that you suspect points to errors in the game itself, please mail us directly at support@inxile.net, your knowhow and findings may prove invaluable to us.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer
BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone »

Brother None wrote:Hey Blake, if you found any info and errors when working through this infinite load stuff that you suspect points to errors in the game itself, please mail us directly at support@inxile.net, your knowhow and findings may prove invaluable to us.
So far it has been how my editor saves things :oops:
Last edited by BlakeStone on March 5th, 2014, 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Tallest
Adventurer

Post by The Tallest »

Dammit! I just ran into this bug. My game has been sitting at the loading screen for 10 minutes.

Edit

I managed to fix it. What I did was opened the editor again and just changed one thing and then saved. Basically my one Ranger had 39 of 9mm ammo so I added one to give him 40 saved then reloaded the game. Seemed to work. It's probably not a proper fix but it worked for me.
David Ngo wrote: There are two kinds of people: sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners, and they don't look back because they have no necks. Necks are for sheep.
BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone »

Get the latest jar! I fixed a bug with Cure that would cause infinite load saved game. This newest patch has shown increased checks on xml elements.
Added missing portrait for Ranger Rick Baychowski
Sxerks
Global Moderator

Post by Sxerks »

For some reason your website is being listed as a "Reported Attack Page!" by Firefox as advised by Google
Of the 1 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2014-03-30, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2014-03-30.
BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone »

Yep, hacked :(
The hackers edited the web page and added a script.
I've changed my password and removed the offending script. I've submitted it to Google to be checked and cleared from their list of bad pages. I also uploaded a fresh jar file.
BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone »

It's working again, cleared by Google :)
The Tallest
Adventurer

Post by The Tallest »

Does the new file work with the new game patch from yesterday/today? I'm downloading the new game patch now and will hopefully be able to play this weekend.
BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone »

I've got it working as far as loading and saving char and xml files with the latest changes, but I'm concerned about the change with the canteen and radiation suits to "group" items that might cause some issues. Currently the NPC's that join you still have their own "personal" canteens and that might be an issue but your rangers no longer have "personal" canteens in their inventory. Once I play through a bit and see how the radiation suit updates work I will be able to make some additional changes and make a new release.

Return to “Wasteland 2: Community Content”