Wasteland 2 Ranger Editor

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

ChaosNOrder
Initiate

Re: Wasteland 2 Ranger Editor

Post by ChaosNOrder » December 1st, 2015, 8:29 pm

So one of my save files seems to work, but my latest set of save files doesn't. Not sure what the reason is. Both game sets have gone through the introductory stuff, and all the characters in use have stuff in their inventory. What gives?

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » December 3rd, 2015, 1:46 pm

ChaosNOrder wrote:So one of my save files seems to work, but my latest set of save files doesn't. Not sure what the reason is. Both game sets have gone through the introductory stuff, and all the characters in use have stuff in their inventory. What gives?
zip up the save folder and send it to me at outlook.com and I can debug it.
A bunch of raw recruits and you untied the goddamn Gordian knot. -General Vargas

frabron
Acolyte

Post by frabron » December 6th, 2015, 1:46 am

I've seen an NPC in the Ag-Center with a stovepipe hat. I want that too :D Unfortunately it's not in the selection from the character creation. I presume I can give the hat to one of my PC with the editor, but I am a bit lost on how to do that. I presume I need to know the hat's ID in order to do that? Is there a list for that somewhere? Thanks for your help ...

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » December 8th, 2015, 9:57 am

You need to find the code. You could then use it in the editor with the 'Add Item' button. There are a few threads on this board dedicated to clothing codes that you could search to see if it's a known item.

Also, there's a new jar file with a fix to an xml parse error.
A bunch of raw recruits and you untied the goddamn Gordian knot. -General Vargas

Desalater
Initiate

Post by Desalater » December 9th, 2015, 4:01 am

trying to download DC version and the link goes through to 404 not found

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » December 9th, 2015, 10:14 am

Desalater wrote:trying to download DC version and the link goes through to 404 not found
fixed

Juramentado
Initiate

Post by Juramentado » January 4th, 2016, 11:46 am

Howdy,

New to the forum and the DC version of the Game, but have read through this thread entirely. :-)

That being said, I've used TWO separate lists to ensure no spelling errors, but what I cannot do is add Weapons Mods to my primary Ranger's inventory. I use the Add button, and ensure that there is a quantity value, then hit Save. But no weapons mods appear in the inventory when I re-load the game. Am I missing something?

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » January 5th, 2016, 7:55 am

You'll have to be more specific about your issue since I can't reproduce your problem.

I used the Add button and entered Mod_Choke_Open and clicked the OK button. The item was added to the bottom of the list with a value of 1.
Multiple mods do not stack, so you can't change the number to more than 1, you would have to use the Add button again for multiple non-stack items.
I clicked the Save button and then re-opened the save file to verify it was still in the list, and it was.
I then started Wasteland 2 DC and loaded that save game and my primary ranger's inventory had an Open Choke.

Juramentado
Initiate

Post by Juramentado » January 5th, 2016, 11:06 am

Thanks. I may need to reference yet another list, as I noted your capitalization of the weapon mod. I'll report back!

Juramentado
Initiate

Post by Juramentado » January 8th, 2016, 10:16 am

Looks like it was a capitalization problem. I was able to add some Mods successfully to the primary character's inventory. Thanks!

Juramentado
Initiate

Post by Juramentado » January 8th, 2016, 8:38 pm

Well, it seems like I'm hit or miss on this. Now when I try to edit my game's XML file, the Editor window doesn't appear. I try a couple of more times, same thing. I save the game at another point, another location, still won't appear when I select the XML file. Task Manager shows multiple .JAR instances running. I kill them all off, try again, nothing.

Checked for Java updates, none pending, I'm up to date. I reboot the machine, still the same outcome. Thoughts?

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » January 9th, 2016, 9:00 am

You can send your save folder to my name at outlook.com zipped up and I will debug it.
You may want to reboot to clear out any hidden java running.

Juramentado
Initiate

Post by Juramentado » January 9th, 2016, 3:13 pm

Sent. Thanks!

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » January 10th, 2016, 8:23 pm

Juramentado,
My editor was missing portraits for Rook and Ashley Brygo. I've added them. Get the latest jar.

Juramentado
Initiate

Post by Juramentado » January 13th, 2016, 9:38 am

Hi!

The latest jar has the same behavior unfortunately. Please let me know what else I can try.

Thanks!

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » January 15th, 2016, 3:43 pm

Juramentado,
sorry about that... I had a capitalization error that didn't cause a problem running the editor in NetBeans but does directly using the jar.
All fixed, get the latest jar :)

Obdulio
Initiate

Post by Obdulio » February 5th, 2016, 5:26 am

With the addition of mod tools, will the Ranger Editor evolve to something with more customization options? Or will the new mod support not effect this at all ?

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » February 5th, 2016, 7:10 am

The current "mod support" is not what game moders typically expect for modding a game. You can change existing things but not by much and you can't add anything so I don't see any effect for my editor.

OldManRaven
Initiate

Post by OldManRaven » November 21st, 2016, 10:15 pm

No matter what I try I CANNOT open it with java 8 at all. I get a quick snippet of a console screen and then nothing. No solutions have worked at all, just let me know, would this mod allow me to replace Rose with vultures cry? I just want to save AG but takje her instead.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » November 22nd, 2016, 12:21 pm

It's not a mod. It just gives you an interface to edit character files. I suppose you could change all of Rose's stats to match Vulture's Cry, but it wouldn't change her interactions, dialog or scripting.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!