Wasteland 2 Ranger Editor

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

ClashFan
Explorer

Re: Wasteland 2 Ranger Editor

Post by ClashFan » October 26th, 2015, 2:54 pm

I hope the editor can get the Perks to work. I tried changing and deleting some perks the other day via the save files, but I couldn't get them to go away. They continue to show up in game even if deleted or renamed in the character's section of the file.

GawainBS
Novice

Post by GawainBS » November 2nd, 2015, 1:36 am

Any idea on the ETA of the DC version of this wonderful tool?

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » November 2nd, 2015, 6:57 am

GawainBS wrote:Any idea on the ETA of the DC version of this wonderful tool?
I've been playing the game so I could level up my rangers enough to get a couple of Perks and see how it all works in the save file.
With that out of the way now, I'm getting close to release. I've got the Quirk and Perks UI work done, so now I just have to work with the save files.
A bunch of raw recruits and you untied the goddamn Gordian knot. -General Vargas

GawainBS
Novice

Post by GawainBS » November 2nd, 2015, 7:14 am

That's very nice to hear, good luck & thanks in advance!

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » November 5th, 2015, 4:51 pm

OK, give it a try. Download from the first post. Report any bugs here and send me the save game and bin files or char file zipped up to my forum name at outlook.com
A bunch of raw recruits and you untied the goddamn Gordian knot. -General Vargas

Talien
Novice

Post by Talien » November 5th, 2015, 6:49 pm

Nice, downloading it now. I'll start a new game and let you know how it works with Win7.

GawainBS
Novice

Post by GawainBS » November 6th, 2015, 6:41 am

Great news, thanks!

Talien
Novice

Post by Talien » November 6th, 2015, 10:43 am

Not seeing any errors or having any issues, nice job. I can live without being able to edit exported Rangers since it's easy enough to edit them after starting a new game.

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » November 6th, 2015, 11:38 am

Talien wrote:Not seeing any errors or having any issues, nice job. I can live without being able to edit exported Rangers since it's easy enough to edit them after starting a new game.
Editing of exported rangers is working for me... what's happening for you?

johnsmithfromwest
Initiate

Post by johnsmithfromwest » November 6th, 2015, 12:31 pm

Hey, it seems I can't edit a save twice. First, I gave NPCs a backpack and the save loads well in game. But when I tried to reedit it, the editor just close itself. I also tired to open a save with the editor and save it without making any changes, but the editor still close itself. Any ideas ?
PS : thank you for the work you did so far. Much appreciated.

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » November 6th, 2015, 1:05 pm

Hard to say. I edited the same save game file multiple times when writing the editor. Send me a zip of the save game folder with the npc backpacks and I'll see what's up.

UPDATE: I did notice an issue with saving clothing. Fixed it. Get the new jar.

windshadow
Initiate

Post by windshadow » November 6th, 2015, 3:26 pm

I offer many thanks to you for this and its working fine on OS X 10.11.3b once i found where the save game files were hiding in OS X
Harddrive>users>yourusenamer>Documents>Library>Application Support>Wasteland2DC>Save Games was my path
I love the way you can do lots of what if stuff with an editor and I look forward to seeing how all the perks affect game play
only thing and it may because I don't understand how perks work but when I give perk points n the editor they are gone when i load the save file in the game

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » November 6th, 2015, 3:43 pm

windshadow wrote:...only thing and it may because I don't understand how perks work but when I give perk points n the editor they are gone when i load the save file in the game
Yes, I check for valid perk points. You only get 1 every 4 levels up to 48.
I updated the file path on Mac. Hopefully the new jar opens to the correct place now.
Last edited by BlakeStone on November 6th, 2015, 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Talien
Novice

Post by Talien » November 6th, 2015, 5:26 pm

BlakeStone wrote:
Talien wrote:Not seeing any errors or having any issues, nice job. I can live without being able to edit exported Rangers since it's easy enough to edit them after starting a new game.
Editing of exported rangers is working for me... what's happening for you?
My bad, I just forgot I had to to change filetype from saved game to Ranger. It works fine now that I remembered that.

johnsmithfromwest
Initiate

Post by johnsmithfromwest » November 7th, 2015, 1:04 am

BlakeStone wrote:Hard to say. I edited the same save game file multiple times when writing the editor. Send me a zip of the save game folder with the npc backpacks and I'll see what's up..
I still have the same issue with the new jar with my current save but it works with a fresh new game (I succeded to edit Angie with clothes and reedit the save after that). It's good enough to me, I can edit my current save with notepad++, but if you still want to have a look on it, if it helps, I will send it to you.

The Tallest
Adventurer

Post by The Tallest » November 7th, 2015, 5:53 am

Just tried the new Director's Cut editor and it's not working. It won't even open my save file. I'm on Windows 10 by the way.

EDIT I think it's because it's still putting the <@> symbols in my save files.

EDIT Nope, I was wrong. That's not why.

EDIT I get an error saying the following: "This app cannot run on your PC."

EDIT If I go to the original editor it will open my old saves. Seems to be an issue with the DC Editor and DC Saves.
I am a member of Macho Yintit's Society for Pantsless Landsharks.
David Ngo wrote: There are two kinds of people: sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners, and they don't look back because they have no necks. Necks are for sheep.

ClashFan
Explorer

Post by ClashFan » November 7th, 2015, 8:42 am

Thanks very much for the editor! A few notes:

1. The portraits in the editor are very bright/washed out. They were not that way before. No big deal at all--just thought I'd mention.

2. Earlier I manually added backpacks to Takayuki and Pizepi via Notepad++. Both show in game just fine. However, they do not show in the editor. The Pack section is blank for them. I'm wondering if I should go back into the save file and delete them, then add them again via the editor? Or, since they do show in game and are completely superficial, I should just leave well enough alone?

3. A weird glitch with Pizepi that is probably caused by my earlier editing of her part of the save file. When I got her, I made changes to her skills and also played a bit with her perks. As a result, in the editor her Tactical Positioning perk does not show, and isn't even an option to add via the drop down menu. TP does show and work in game (saw it working last night).

In addition, every time I save via the editor it adds a 2nd perk point to her total to use. In game (and in Notepad++), she is currently at level 24 with 5 perks and 1 available point. I have even gone back into the save file and manually changed the perk points back to 1. The editor will load the file and show the value as 1, but if I then save the file in the editor and reload, it changes the value to 2. It seems like my earlier tweaking of her makes the editor think that she only has 4 chosen perks (not recognizing the Tactical Positioning), and thus "updates" her to have 2 available perk points?

Hopefully I won't have any problems down the road, but the game is playing just fine at this time.

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » November 7th, 2015, 10:13 am

johnsmithfromwest wrote:I still have the same issue with the new jar with my current save but it works with a fresh new game (I succeded to edit Angie with clothes and reedit the save after that). It's good enough to me, I can edit my current save with notepad++, but if you still want to have a look on it, if it helps, I will send it to you.
The save that doesn't work is due to the <slot> being saved incorrectly for clothing. For equipment it saves a slot number, but for clothes(<defaultequipment>) it is always -1 no matter the slot. If you fix the slots for clothing you will be able to use that save file again, otherwise just use the backup I know you created before you started :)
Last edited by BlakeStone on November 7th, 2015, 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » November 7th, 2015, 10:15 am

The Tallest wrote:EDIT I get an error saying the following: "This app cannot run on your PC."
It may be that the downloaded jar file was flagged by Windows 10.
Right click on it and select Properties. See if there's an "Unblock" option at the bottom of the dialog box.

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » November 7th, 2015, 10:23 am

ClashFan wrote:Thanks very much for the editor! A few notes:

1. The portraits in the editor are very bright/washed out. They were not that way before. No big deal at all--just thought I'd mention..
Yes, the game has some lighting effect on the portraits that makes them look 'OK' but in the editor they were extremely dark so I upped the gamma so they weren't as dark. In the next version, I'll stop the gamma change and let me know if the dark portraits are ok.
ClashFan wrote: 2. Earlier I manually added backpacks to Takayuki and Pizepi via Notepad++. Both show in game just fine. However, they do not show in the editor. The Pack section is blank for them. I'm wondering if I should go back into the save file and delete them, then add them again via the editor? Or, since they do show in game and are completely superficial, I should just leave well enough alone?
I fixed that bug in version 92309-3 but anything edited before that will be broken. You can fix manually by changing the <slot> sections under <defaultequipment> to -1 instead of whatever slot it was saved as.
ClashFan wrote: 3. A weird glitch with Pizepi that is probably caused by my earlier editing of her part of the save file. When I got her, I made changes to her skills and also played a bit with her perks. As a result, in the editor her Tactical Positioning perk does not show, and isn't even an option to add via the drop down menu. TP does show and work in game (saw it working last night).

In addition, every time I save via the editor it adds a 2nd perk point to her total to use. In game (and in Notepad++), she is currently at level 24 with 5 perks and 1 available point. I have even gone back into the save file and manually changed the perk points back to 1. The editor will load the file and show the value as 1, but if I then save the file in the editor and reload, it changes the value to 2. It seems like my earlier tweaking of her makes the editor think that she only has 4 chosen perks (not recognizing the Tactical Positioning), and thus "updates" her to have 2 available perk points?

Hopefully I won't have any problems down the road, but the game is playing just fine at this time.
I didn't see anything obvious in my code for TP, you'll have to zip up the save folder and send it to me if manually fixing the <slot> to -1 doesn't fix it for you. Remember, TP needs Perception Rank of 3 but the save file uses Skill Points so you would enter 6.
Last edited by BlakeStone on November 8th, 2015, 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.