Wasteland 2: now with improved modding capabilities!

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

GoldenSW
Initiate

Re: Wasteland 2: now with improved modding capabilities!

Post by GoldenSW »

kullop wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 10:00 am Thanks for the mod, its great and I really enjoy it!

Two things that I was wondering if you could fix:
If you accept in conversation Ralphy into your party but then decline in the party window because party is full, he runs off to the place with the bike bomb and becomes an unnamed uninteractible NPC
His parents still think he joined the Rangers

In Titan bunker, if you load a savegame, surgeon skill becomes unusable on the NPCs in the medbay (invalid target), not sure if it applies to PCs as well or not. Appears to be reported widely on the internet as well as a general game bug

Keep up the good work!
Can confirm the Ralphy bug. If you say you allow him to join but cancel it during squad select because squad is full for example, you can no longer recruit him (you get no dialogue option) and his mother still thinks he joined the rangers.
Executor_
Explorer

Post by Executor_ »

Hety wrote: September 30th, 2020, 12:35 pm Any chance to recreate the WL2 Tookit mods feature that allowed to save both AG center and Highpool using this framework?
Allowing both locales to be visited should be easy enough. However, most NPCs would still treat you as if you saved only one, as making all the changes necessary would take much longer. I'll see about making this available as an option on the Modding screen.
astechX1 wrote: October 1st, 2020, 2:47 pm Is 0.95 going to be compatible with the last patch saved games or do i have to start over to use festures ans fixes from 0.95
0.9.5 can load older saves, but continuing an older game won't be recommended, as 0.9.5 makes huge changes to items and NPCs. It's still a ways away from being completed though.
kullop wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 10:00 am If you accept in conversation Ralphy into your party but then decline in the party window because party is full, he runs off to the place with the bike bomb and becomes an unnamed uninteractible NPC
His parents still think he joined the Rangers

In Titan bunker, if you load a savegame, surgeon skill becomes unusable on the NPCs in the medbay (invalid target), not sure if it applies to PCs as well or not. Appears to be reported widely on the internet as well as a general game bug
Should be fixable. I'll see if I can get them resolved this weekend, else I probably won't have time till next weekend.
Executor_
Explorer

Post by Executor_ »

0.9.4zs now available here

BASE GAME BUG FIXES
  • the hospital patients inside the Titan bunker all had the same castIds, which would mean the Surgeon skill was not usable on any remaining patients after a reload
GAMEPLAY CHANGES
  • if dismissed, Angela Deth will now return to Ranger Citadel, inside at the museum
  • rescuing both Highpool and Ag Center can now be allowed by going into the Options-->Modding menu

Still working on the the Ralphy issue. Seems to be a number of bugs. He's supposed to return home after visiting the playground with Jessie, but even if he does, he still can't join the Rangers.
davoker
Novice

Post by davoker »

Executor_ wrote: October 4th, 2020, 12:40 pm ...
I forgot to mention what I think is a mistake, I guess, in Hollywood, the NPC Raji, sends you a mission, asks you to look for Josie, his friend, that you can find her in the sewers, she is next to a group of junkies.

The problem here, is that if you kill those junkies, she becomes hostile, she doesn't move from her bed because she is very high, she needs you to use the surgery skill with her, but if you kill the junkies she becomes hostile and you can't talk to her or use surgery on her anymore, the only option is to kill her, as a consequence, you don't get the object that Raji gives you, the +1 lockpicking book.

I think this is a mistake, she only gets high, she shouldn't become hostile if you kill the junkies that are in the same room, it's clear that the mission can be done badly if you kill her, but this should happen? she should become hostile for killing those junkies? if you kill her because you want to, evidently you end the mission in a bad way, but that she becomes hostile doesn't leave you any option but to kill her even if you don't want to.

NPC Raji -> https://wasteland.gamepedia.com/Raji
NPC Josie -> https://wasteland.gamepedia.com/Josie
Mission -> https://wasteland.gamepedia.com/Find_Jo ... s_runaways
Executor_
Explorer

Post by Executor_ »

Definitely sounds like an oversight. I'll try to correct it this weekend.
Executor_
Explorer

Post by Executor_ »

0.9.4zt now available here

BASE GAME BUG FIXES
  • resolved issues with Ralphy getting stuck at the playground
    • if loading a save where Ralphy had already bugged out at the playground, he'll now properly run home
  • Josie in Hollywood was incorrectly included in a Salt Thugs combat group, causing her to go hostile alongside them
    • if already hostile, that should be removed upon loading
GAMEPLAY CHANGES
  • Ralphy's mom will now offer her son to the Rangers repeatedly
davoker
Novice

Post by davoker »

Executor_ wrote: October 10th, 2020, 2:01 pm 0.9.4zt now available here

BASE GAME BUG FIXES
  • resolved issues with Ralphy getting stuck at the playground
    • if loading a save where Ralphy had already bugged out at the playground, he'll now properly run home
  • Josie in Hollywood was incorrectly included in a Salt Thugs combat group, causing her to go hostile alongside them
    • if already hostile, that should be removed upon loading
GAMEPLAY CHANGES
  • Ralphy's mom will now offer her son to the Rangers repeatedly
Ralphy's mistake has never happened to me, I guess it must be concrete situations, each person plays differently and finds bugs that other people will never see :D

Thank you for Josie's fix, I was sure it was a bug, another one of many you have fixed, it works correctly now, thank you very much!
Mekidon
Initiate

Post by Mekidon »

Hello. I use the Red Boots mod and i want to add weapon modification whith it provided to some traders. But i found that the vendor list is limited and if i add all these modifications, they are not displayed in traider store. I would like to know what limitations this causes and what is the maximum number of slots available to the merchant. I think it would be possible to add more npc merchants and split the items by them. Or maybe there is a simpler method? The whole list of weapon mods i want to add takes around 1500 line. Thanks
Executor_
Explorer

Post by Executor_ »

Open the debug_import.txt file in your "Mods" folder and look for a reference to the file you're changing. Are there any error messages listed?
Mekidon
Initiate

Post by Mekidon »

yes, his size is 154 399b
FATAL [Line 0] MSON file is too large
Info [Line 0] Empty or comment-only file
Mekidon
Initiate

Post by Mekidon »

I'm sorry for one more question. I'm trying to balance the parting of the weapon so that when you parse one weapon, some parts drop out with a 100% chance, others with a lower chance. Also higher-quality parts should replace the old ones according higher values of weaponsmith skill, excluding them from the drops. I've tried different values of chance and rolls, but it is not work properly. As far as I understand, all the drop chances together should give a total of 100% or each ones should be 100%. otherwise, i only get one part. This one part of Field Strip for m16 gives only parts from the FieldStrip_M16_generic_old set according to skill level 3 ignoring the FieldStrip_M16_generic_new set, even with skill level 6. I've no errors regarding these changes in the debug file. I would be very grateful if I knew the correct syntax.

Code: Select all

drops : [

{		
		minSkill : 1

chanceToDrop : 100
		minRolls : 1
		maxRolls : 1

{
				minSkill : 6

dropClass : 1
				dropItems : [
					{
						type : DropType.DROPSET                       
						itemTemplate : null
						dropSet : FieldStrip_M16_generic_new

percent : 100                                  
						min : 10                                     
						max : 10                                      
					}
				]
			}
			{
				minSkill : 3

{
						dropSet : FieldStrip_M16_generic_old

}                   

Executor_
Explorer

Post by Executor_ »

Mekidon wrote: October 18th, 2020, 9:17 am yes, his size is 154 399b
FATAL [Line 0] MSON file is too large
Info [Line 0] Empty or comment-only file
There's an old size limit of 100KB on MSON files that's probably unnecessary now. Easy enough to fix.
Mekidon wrote: October 18th, 2020, 2:52 pm Also higher-quality parts should replace the old ones according higher values of weaponsmith skill, excluding them from the drops.
Not possible currently, but implementing a maxSkill field to do what you're asking wouldn't take too long.
Mekidon wrote: October 18th, 2020, 2:52 pm As far as I understand, all the drop chances together should give a total of 100% or each ones should be 100%. otherwise, i only get one part.
Looking at the code, the total of all the chanceToDrop fields can be anything. The DropItem percent fields, however, should definitely add up to 100.
Mekidon wrote: October 18th, 2020, 2:52 pm I've no errors regarding these changes in the debug file. I would be very grateful if I knew the correct syntax.

Code: Select all

drops : [

{		
		minSkill : 1

{
				minSkill : 6

{
						dropSet : FieldStrip_M16_generic_new

}
				]
			}
			{
				minSkill : 3

{
						dropSet : FieldStrip_M16_generic_old

}                   

That's definitely not the proper format; you can't nest objects of the same type like that. It's probably not giving an error because there's a valid object being created, it's just immediately discarded, unused.

It's best to look at files in the "Export" directory to figure out the right format for an MSON. You can confirm that one of your MSON files was loaded correctly by the game by checking the "ExportImport" folder for the corresponding MSON file.
Executor_
Explorer

Post by Executor_ »

0.9.4zu now available here

Delete the "DropSet" folder in your "Mods/Export" directory so that it will get re-exported.

MODDING
  • Fixed a bug where no error was displayed even though MSON syntax for arrays/lists was incorrect.
  • Added a maxSkill field to DropSets, above which those items will not drop.
Mekidon
Initiate

Post by Mekidon »

Executor_ wrote: October 21st, 2020, 11:01 am 0.9.4zu now available here

Delete the "DropSet" folder in your "Mods/Export" directory so that it will get re-exported.

MODDING
  • Fixed a bug where no error was displayed even though MSON syntax for arrays/lists was incorrect.
  • Added a maxSkill field to DropSets, above which those items will not drop.
Thank you a lot. Now the weapon is parsed out correctly, and the set vendor holds all stuff. Although I'm disappointed that the parse dropset had to be assembled by combing the variants, it's not so elegant, but at least it works.
lexo1000
Initiate

Post by lexo1000 »

Hi Executor!
Good to see that you still work on your patch.
I have a bug with tooltips that are truncated in some menu on my 21/9 widescreen.
You can see an exemple here : https://imgur.com/v2Y5T1q
I didn't have this problem some time ago (around zf version I think)

Thanks in advance

PS : I see that you add two options in modding menu : comment position & tab width but I can't see any differences in HUD when edit them.
Executor_
Explorer

Post by Executor_ »

0.9.4zv now available here

UPDATED GAME BUG FIXES
  • corrected tooltip positioning on ultra-wide resolutions

lexo1000 wrote: October 28th, 2020, 2:27 pm PS : I see that you add two options in modding menu : comment position & tab width but I can't see any differences in HUD when edit them.
That only affects MSON text files that are written out to allow modding the game.
lexo1000
Initiate

Post by lexo1000 »

Thanks for the fix. I encounter another bug with sound settings. I set my audio setup to 7.1 but everytime I launch the game, setting is revert back to quad.
Executor_
Explorer

Post by Executor_ »

[update removed for the time being]
Last edited by Executor_ on November 2nd, 2020, 7:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
lexo1000
Initiate

Post by lexo1000 »

Thanks mate
Some comments:
1: Music & sounds in main menu doesn't play anymore (since zw version).
2: Derived stats tooltips are displayed at character creation screen when mouse-over on them but not anymore after the game begin. Please could you change that?
3: If I choose Raised in a Circus quirk for my character, he wears a clown costume all the time and it cannot be removed. Please can you add an option in Mod menu to let us the choice?

thanks in advance
Executor_
Explorer

Post by Executor_ »

1. I didn't encounter that in my testing. Could you try this version here and see if it is any better?
  2. Are you talking about the tooltips that appear when you hover over the attributes and skills? And they're not appearing on the character screen during regular gameplay? Were they showing up prior to 0.9.4zv?
  3. Should be easily doable.

Return to “Wasteland 2: Community Content”