Wasteland 2: now with improved modding capabilities!

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

uac4000
Initiate

I understand that the location of weapons in the hands is edited in text files (the weapon rifle file)?
Executor_
Explorer

You can't edit the Transform (which holds the position, rotation, scale data) using the MSON files. Even if you could, there's only one position for each weapon, so changing it would shift the model at all times. It could end up inside the character model when carried on the back, or floating in mid-air when shooting from a standing position, etc.

The ideal solution would be to construct a table of offsets for each weapon based on character model and animation pose, and only change the position when it matched those criteria. It would just be a lot of time-consuming work due to the number of weapons.
AliceInChains
Initiate

Is there any way to remove the visual effect for laser pointers (e.g. the horrible red 'light sabers') and Perception radius circle ?

Additionally, would it be possible to have Perception always enabled (no idea why anyone would NOT want to have it in use all the time)?

Edit: Also, any chance 'MimicXPsOf can be modified so as to take attributes as well? Idea behind it is to make some skills directly related to associated attribute (Perception with Awareness for example). Right now I just add the skill under statModifiers of the corresponding attribute.
AliceInChains
Initiate

Executor_ wrote: January 26th, 2017, 3:55 pm Updated 0.8.3 version now available: link

CHANGELOG
  • Skills can now be edited (will be exported to "Mods/Export/BaseStat/Skill" folder if FullExport option turned on in settings.ini)
    • associatedAttribute by default is always "AttributeEnum.None", probably intentionally to disable the skill limit system
    • Skills can be limited by attribute score, from my limited testing, seems to function
      example:

Code: Select all

associatedAttribute : AttributeEnum.Coordination
      	intLimits : [
      		{ intLevel : 1, allowedSkillLevel : 2 }
      		{ intLevel : 3, allowedSkillLevel : 4 }
      		{ intLevel : 5, allowedSkillLevel : 7 }
      		{ intLevel : 7, allowedSkillLevel : 10 }
      	]
Unless I'm missing something, the above does not appear to work. N.B. All Skill .mson files have limits : [ ] instead of intLimits : [ ] but adding { intLevel : 1, allowedSkillLevel : 2 } after either does not give a change in game (but also does not prevent it from starting or loading a save game). In my case with bruteForce using AttributeEnum.Strength.
Executor_
Explorer

AliceInChains wrote: May 10th, 2020, 10:27 am Is there any way to remove the visual effect for laser pointers (e.g. the horrible red 'light sabers') and Perception radius circle ?
Allowing the laser pointer effect to be disabled shouldn't take much effort. I'll look into it tomorrow.
AliceInChains wrote: May 10th, 2020, 10:27 am Additionally, would it be possible to have Perception always enabled (no idea why anyone would NOT want to have it in use all the time)?
Perception is already always enabled, regardless of whether the white circle is toggled on or not. The circle is purely to show the player their Perception aura range.
AliceInChains wrote: May 10th, 2020, 10:27 am Edit: Also, any chance 'MimicXPsOf can be modified so as to take attributes as well? Idea behind it is to make some skills directly related to associated attribute (Perception with Awareness for example). Right now I just add the skill under statModifiers of the corresponding attribute.
Would require quite a bit of work. I only implemented mimicXPsOf due to the dual nature of Heavy Weapons.
AliceInChains wrote: May 10th, 2020, 12:25 pm Unless I'm missing something, the above does not appear to work. N.B. All Skill .mson files have limits : [ ] instead of intLimits : [ ] but adding { intLevel : 1, allowedSkillLevel : 2 } after either does not give a change in game (but also does not prevent it from starting or loading a save game). In my case with bruteForce using AttributeEnum.Strength.
intLevel was renamed to attributeValue. There'll be a classes.txt file in your "Mods\Export" folder; search through that to get the names of fields since they sometimes get changed.
AliceInChains
Initiate

Executor_ wrote: May 10th, 2020, 2:58 pm
AliceInChains wrote: May 10th, 2020, 10:27 am Is there any way to remove the visual effect for laser pointers (e.g. the horrible red 'light sabers') and Perception radius circle ?
Allowing the laser pointer effect to be disabled shouldn't take much effort. I'll look into it tomorrow.
Would be great, as I always found it to look terrible and made me not use the laser pointers. No rush though.
AliceInChains wrote: May 10th, 2020, 10:27 am Additionally, would it be possible to have Perception always enabled (no idea why anyone would NOT want to have it in use all the time)?
Perception is already always enabled, regardless of whether the white circle is toggled on or not. The circle is purely to show the player their Perception aura range.
Ahahahaha, doh! Well never too late to learn something new clearly. Thanks for the clarification. Always wondered why it had to be enabled, as in my memory I always seemed to find hidden bits only after enabling.
AliceInChains wrote: May 10th, 2020, 10:27 am Edit: Also, any chance 'MimicXPsOf can be modified so as to take attributes as well? Idea behind it is to make some skills directly related to associated attribute (Perception with Awareness for example). Right now I just add the skill under statModifiers of the corresponding attribute.
Would require quite a bit of work. I only implemented mimicXPsOf due to the dual nature of Heavy Weapons.
Hmm, may not be worth the effort then. As I mentioned, adding the skill under the Attribute's statModifiers works and achieves the same result.
AliceInChains wrote: May 10th, 2020, 12:25 pm Unless I'm missing something, the above does not appear to work. N.B. All Skill .mson files have limits : [ ] instead of intLimits : [ ] but adding { intLevel : 1, allowedSkillLevel : 2 } after either does not give a change in game (but also does not prevent it from starting or loading a save game). In my case with bruteForce using AttributeEnum.Strength.
intLevel was renamed to attributeValue. There'll be a classes.txt file in your "Mods\Export" folder; search through that to get the names of fields since they sometimes get changed.
Ah yes, forgot about that file. Been out of the game for like a year, but should have checked the Export folder more thoroughly.

Thanks for the very quick response, much appreciated. Looking forward to version 0.9.5.
AliceInChains
Initiate

Follow up, limits : [ ] is working now, using attributeValue. The ToolTip UI does not update however, so even when hovering over different Attribute values it keeps showing the Maximum as set for the current Attribute value set (e.g. if Max is 5 for Attribute value 6 it will show 5 for other Attribute values as well).

While checking Debug_import.txt I noticed errors for some NPC creatures. Example:

X:/WL2 MODS/RedBoots/Mods/Import/MobTemplate/NPCTemplate/AZ_RE_Robot_Thresher.mson
	Error   [Line 44 at 'AICompou...derer']   Could not find a class named 'AICompoundAction_NPCWanderer'. Class Types are case-sensitive.

Override was a success: "X:/WL2 MODS/RedBoots/Mods/Import/MobTemplate/NPCTemplate/AZ_RE_Robot_Thresher.mson"
Other NPC Templates just have ""

Lastly, checking AIWeightTemplate Folder in Export I noticed one .mson File has the name "AZ)_AI_Ranged". All others just have "AZ_", without the ')'.
Executor_
Explorer

0.9.4zi now available here

UPDATED GAME BUG FIXES
  • Attribute tooltip now correctly displays limits on Skills for values other than the current one
GENERAL CHANGES
  • can now disable the laser pointer visual effect of the underbarrel weapon mod by going into Options --> Modding tab

____________________________________________________________________________________

AliceInChains wrote: May 11th, 2020, 5:02 am While checking Debug_import.txt I noticed errors for some NPC creatures. Example:

X:/WL2 MODS/RedBoots/Mods/Import/MobTemplate/NPCTemplate/AZ_RE_Robot_Thresher.mson
	Error   [Line 44 at 'AICompou...derer']   Could not find a class named 'AICompoundAction_NPCWanderer'. Class Types are case-sensitive.

Override was a success: "X:/WL2 MODS/RedBoots/Mods/Import/MobTemplate/NPCTemplate/AZ_RE_Robot_Thresher.mson"
Other NPC Templates just have ""
If there's an error while trying to replace a value using the MSON files, the original value won't be changed.
AliceInChains wrote: May 11th, 2020, 5:02 am Lastly, checking AIWeightTemplate Folder in Export I noticed one .mson File has the name "AZ)_AI_Ranged". All others just have "AZ_", without the ')'.
Just the way inXile named it.
SpreadTheSalt
Initiate

Is there anyway to get this to work properly with a controller?, When the mod is installed controller input becomes unresponsive.
Executor_
Explorer

I'm aware I broke a number of things related to controller support, it's why I mentioned a while back to rely on a mouse with my edited version of the game.

I'll take another look at fixing some of the issues in the coming days, but no guarantees.
SpreadTheSalt
Initiate

Executor_ wrote: May 13th, 2020, 5:19 pm I'm aware I broke a number of things related to controller support, it's why I mentioned a while back to rely on a mouse with my edited version of the game.

I'll take another look at fixing some of the issues in the coming days, but no guarantees.
Thank you!, I really appreciate it, best of luck.
TGFB3
Initiate

I´ve noticed a weird glitch after installing the patch (this was on an ongoing game, but it seems people also see it in new games). After some fights, a number (1-5) of laser sights are added to each partymember´s inventory; never happened before installing the patch.
Attached some comments in the Nexus from people who encountered the issue:
https://www.nexusmods.com/wasteland2/mods/67?tab=posts (second post by "coldkuroi"). It could be due to the Red Boots mod but I am seeing this with only the patch installed (GoG DC version; the file size of the Assembly-CSharp.dll matches the image at the beginning of the post)
Shadow Jack
Acolyte

HI Executor, glad that you still develop the mode. Thanks a lot for the clothing feature. I have bug to report: several new users of my mod, get laser sight spawned into their inventory after the combat. I've installed new version of your mod and bug started to reproduce on my system too.
TGFB3
Initiate

Short update on the above bug: it seems to happen on the first fight after loading a new area. Enabling/disabling the new laser pointer option does not affect this. Will try when I get home to revert to the previous version and see if that's related to the new option about laser pointers.

EDIT: Can confirm, the bug does not happen with 9.4.zh version.
Executor_
Explorer

0.9.4zj now available here

UPDATED GAME BUG FIXES
  • removed debug code that was spawning laser sights in squad members' inventories
Executor_
Explorer

0.9.4zk now available here

BASE GAME BUG FIXES
  • MobInfoTooltip should no longer obscure the health bar above a character's head

____________________________________________________________________________________

lexo1000 wrote: April 16th, 2020, 3:23 am In fact I want to edit HUD file because of this glitch. With small characters, health bar is hide behind stats window as you can see in this screenshot: Image

I know that Executor already made some edits on Wasteland HUD, if you can fix this one you will be my hero :roll:
Turned out to be much easier to fix than I expected.
Executor_
Explorer

0.9.4zl now available here

EDITED GAME BUG FIXES
  • MobInfoTooltip position now takes into account the HUD scaling factor set in the Display options
Dreadbot
Initiate

This is regarding the following source code: https://github.com/bman654/wasteland2-patchwork

Is it possible for me to implement this guy's "free camera" changes as a mod dependent on your framework, or can such things only be done by modifying Assembly-CSharp.dll directly (as evidenced by the fact that this is how he delivers his changes on Nexus Mods)?

The default camera functionality in this game is very off-putting to me, coming from games such as Divinity: Original Sin 2.
Executor_
Explorer

Yes, it would require modifying the DLL. However, I've already incorporated that mod into my version of the game. Just open up the Options menu and scroll down to the bottom of the Gameplay list. There's a checkbox for "Free Combat Camera" if you don't want the camera to track enemy moves, as well as a "Bird's-Eye View Camera" if you just want to zoom out real far.
Dreadbot
Initiate

What about zooming in closer though?

Return to “Wasteland 2: Community Content”