Wasteland 2: now with improved modding capabilities!

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.
joykafka
Initiate

Executor_ wrote: February 20th, 2021, 10:52 am Could you email me the Assembly-CSharp.dll from the Mac version please?
executor115@hotmail.com

The DLL for each OS is slightly different and I haven't been able to get the Mac one before, hence I haven't been able to make one that'll definitely work for that system.
File just sent.
Sorry for the late reply. I didn't receive any notifications from subscription to this thread.

Thank you for much for willing to take a look!
Executor_
Explorer

0.9.4.054 now available here

GENERAL
  • integrated Mac support and Mac version now available
joykafka
Initiate

Executor_ wrote: February 25th, 2021, 5:38 pm 0.9.4.054 now available here

GENERAL
  • integrated Mac support and Mac version now available
Patching successful. Old saves loaded successfully as well. Thank you so much.
Shadow Jack
Acolyte

Hi Executor, I have a request (as usual). How hard it would be to reimplement possibility to save both Ag Center and Highpool (it is extremely useful for testing walkthrough) AND to be able to continue the main quest. And I don't really care if story will make no sense. Or can you please tell me in what classes you have made changes to be able to save both locations and continue main quest. I will try to copy paste into the latest patch myself.
Best regards SJ
Executor_
Explorer

0.9.4.055 now available here

GENERAL
  • rescuing both Highpool and Ag Center allowed again, but I don't recommend it
Shadow Jack
Acolyte

Executor_ wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 2:02 pm 0.9.4.055 now available here

GENERAL
Thanks a lot!
Shadow Jack
Acolyte

Hi again Executor. I have some questions:
1. Is it possible to add new NPCTemplate(e.g. copy AZ_RE_Raider_Pistol, rename it to AZ_RE_Raider_Pistol2 and do some changes ) and add it to the random encounters or you can alter only existing ones?
2.Will something like code below work as protection against specific damage?
statModifiers : [
{
when : [ Situation.Target_RangedWeapon, Situation.Target_Hostile ]
statName : chanceToEvade
tooltipId : ""

subset : [ Situation.Always ]
operation : Operation.Add
value : 15.0
}
]
{
when : [ Situation.Target_MeleeWeapon, Situation.Target_Hostile ]
statName : armor

value : 2.0
}
]
3. Is it possible to add npc from different fraction to the random encounter(e.g RailThieves to Wreckers)?
Executor_
Explorer

0.9.4.056 now available here

MODDING
  • MobTemplates can now be created; code was commented out for some reason
  • slight improvements to debug_statcalc.txt output

Shadow Jack wrote: March 27th, 2021, 4:43 pm 1. Is it possible to add new NPCTemplate(e.g. copy AZ_RE_Raider_Pistol, rename it to AZ_RE_Raider_Pistol2 and do some changes ) and add it to the random encounters or you can alter only existing ones?
Yes, should work now. Not sure why I had MobTemplate creation disabled.

Shadow Jack wrote: March 27th, 2021, 4:43 pm2.Will something like code below work as protection against specific damage?
{
when : [ Situation.Target_RangedWeapon, Situation.Target_Hostile ]

value : 15.0
}
]
{
when : [ Situation.Target_MeleeWeapon, Situation.Target_Hostile ]

value : 2.0
}
]
Yup, that's fine. I recommend editing the debugStats field in Table/Game.mson so that the game will output certain calculations to a file named debug_statcalc.txt in your Mods folder. That way, you can verify everything is working properly. Like in this instance, you might want to set it to:

Code: Select all

debugStats : [                                           // data will be written to the 'debug_statcalc.txt' file
		{
			mobName : ""
			combatOnly : true
			targetedOnly : true
		}
		{
		}
		{
			statName : chanceToHit
		}
	]

Shadow Jack wrote: March 27th, 2021, 4:43 pm3. Is it possible to add npc from different fraction to the random encounter(e.g RailThieves to Wreckers)?
Most enemies are set to Faction.Bad, particularly on random encounters, so not usually an issue anyway.
Shadow Jack
Acolyte

I will do that, thanks a lot, Executor!
As far as I remember: there is no way to add new random encounters, you only can edit existing ones, right?
Executor_
Explorer

At the moment, you can't add new random encounters, no. But the more fundamental issue is that most of them aren't even being exported in 0.9.4 because of name clashes, hence only the first one with each name is written out or available for editing. I'll take a look at the code I have for them in 0.9.5 because I remember working on trying to fix some of those problems.
Shadow Jack
Acolyte

Executor_ wrote: March 29th, 2021, 5:02 pm At the moment, you can't add new random encounters, no. But the more fundamental issue is that most of them aren't even being exported in 0.9.4 because of name clashes, hence only the first one with each name is written out or available for editing. I'll take a look at the code I have for them in 0.9.5 because I remember working on trying to fix some of those problems.
That would be awesome, cause now most of the random encounters are simplistic and repetitive, especially at the beginning of the game.
Shadow Jack
Acolyte

Is it possible that maxSkill in fieldstrip is validated only against base weaponsmith value(ignoring trinket bonuses)?
Executor_
Explorer

Would you want that as a game-wide setting or per DropSet?
Shadow Jack
Acolyte

Executor_ wrote: March 31st, 2021, 12:45 pm Would you want that as a game-wide setting or per DropSet?
Sorry no, I mean I think found a bug in my fieldstrip dropset. I have weaponsmith 9 plus trinket bonus +1. And I get both sets while I expect that I get only the one (minSkill :10,maxSkill :-1)

drops : [
{minSkill :10,maxSkill :-1,chanceToDrop :100,minRolls :1,maxRolls :1,dropClass : 0,dropItems : [{type : DropType.ITEM,itemTemplate :Walther_PP_New_Barrel,dropSet :null,percent :100,min :1,max :1}]}
{minSkill :10,maxSkill :-1,chanceToDrop :100,minRolls :1,maxRolls :1,dropClass : 0,dropItems : [{type : DropType.ITEM,itemTemplate :Walther_PP_Receiver_New,dropSet :null,percent :100,min :1,max :1}]}

{minSkill :8,maxSkill :10,chanceToDrop :100,minRolls :1,maxRolls :1,dropClass : 0,dropItems : [{type : DropType.ITEM,itemTemplate :Walther_PP_Receiver_Good,dropSet :null,percent :100,min :1,max :1}]}
{minSkill :8,maxSkill :10,chanceToDrop :100,minRolls :1,maxRolls :1,dropClass : 0,dropItems : [{type : DropType.ITEM,itemTemplate :Walther_PP_Good_Barrel,dropSet :null,percent :100,min :1,max :1}]}
{
]
}
Executor_
Explorer

With the trinket, you have an effective skill level of 10.

"minSkill :10,maxSkill :-1" accepts skill level 10.
"minSkill :8,maxSkill :10" accepts skill levels 8, 9, and 10.

If you don't want the second one to accept skill 10, lower maxSkill to 9.
Shadow Jack
Acolyte

Executor_ wrote: April 1st, 2021, 10:31 am With the trinket, you have an effective skill level of 10.

"minSkill :10,maxSkill :-1" accepts skill level 10.
"minSkill :8,maxSkill :10" accepts skill levels 8, 9, and 10.

If you don't want the second one to accept skill 10, lower maxSkill to 9.
Understood thanks a lot!
Shadow Jack
Acolyte

Executor_ wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 2:02 pm 0.9.4.055 now available here

GENERAL
Sorry to bother you on this again but I am stuck with main quest. I 've ticked checkbox before Highpool and Ag Center and unticked it after I saved both settlements. Now I am stuck in prison, nobody wants to talk about Damonta, Red , Password, Rad suits etc. Are my saves messed up beyond redemption? It is not that critical though(I can add rad suits manually to my inventory and go to Titan/Damonta anyway) .
Executor_
Explorer

The journal entry for the main quest should've progressed automatically once you received Vargas' radio call after saving the second settlement. Maybe something prevented it from triggering. You can send me the save file ( executor115@hotmail.com ) and I'll take a look at it.
Executor_
Explorer

When I loaded up your save, the journal log says you've already talked to Red and he's told you that Rick is at Ranger Citadel. When I went to RC, Rick was there and I could free him.

Is there some issue I'm missing? Because I think that's how it's supposed to unfold.
Shadow Jack
Acolyte

Executor_ wrote: April 4th, 2021, 3:41 pm When I loaded up your save, the journal log says you've already talked to Red and he's told you that Rick is at Ranger Citadel. When I went to RC, Rick was there and I could free him.

Is there some issue I'm missing? Because I think that's how it's supposed to unfold.
My apologies, I've sent you old save. New save sent.

Return to “Wasteland 2: Community Content”