Wasteland 2: now with improved modding capabilities!

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.
lexo1000
Initiate

These new tooltips are great thanks !

I know that other Unity games offer a render scale option which allows to remove jagged edges. Do you think it would be possible to implement this kind of setting in Wasteland 2?

An other suggestion is about item weight display. Could you make the tooltip when hovering the cursor on an item show total weight when many of them are stacked and not only the weight for one? And keep standard weight in item description window (the window that open when double click on it)

Thanks in advance :)
Executor_
Explorer

lexo1000 wrote: November 10th, 2020, 4:13 am I know that other Unity games offer a render scale option which allows to remove jagged edges. Do you think it would be possible to implement this kind of setting in Wasteland 2?
Haven't seen anything like that. The in-game anti-aliasing setting doesn't seem to do anything.

You could use supersampling enabled via your video card driver. For Nvidia, go into their Control Panel --> Manage 3D settings --> Global Settings. Check off 4.00x in DSR Factors and set DSR Smoothness to 0%. AMD has something similar. Then start the game and in the Display options, select the newly available resolution that's 4x the pixels of your native resolution, ie. if you're running normally at 1080p, 4K will now be possible. If you're on 4K, pick 8K, etc. The game will be rendering at a much higher resolution then downsampling which is the best way of dealing with aliasing. As long as you have a decent video card, the game isn't very stressful on the GPU, and I haven't seen any performance problems with running the game at 8K.

lexo1000 wrote: November 10th, 2020, 4:13 amAn other suggestion is about item weight display. Could you make the tooltip when hovering the cursor on an item show total weight when many of them are stacked and not only the weight for one? And keep standard weight in item description window (the window that open when double click on it)
Right now, the tooltip is already showing the total stack weight on the tooltip. But I can change the description window when you right-click on an item to show the per item weight.
lexo1000
Initiate

Unfortunately, DSR doesn't work in this game (same for all Unity engine based games in fact). You can select an higher resolution in option menu but the game keep the native resolution so no change at all. https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/d ... y-3d/44248
Right now, the tooltip is already showing the total stack weight on the tooltip. But I can change the description window when you right-click on an item to show the per item weight.
Yes that's what I meant ;)
alex33783378
Initiate

Hello! Tell me, please, I want to increase all NPCs HP by two times, I was prompted to put in the maxHitpoints.mson file like this: initialValues: [

{
when: [Situation.NPC]
tooltipId: ""

subset: [Situation.Always]
operation: Operation.Multiply
value: 2.0
}
]
And HP has indeed doubled. But there is a problem, I go to a new location for all NPCs, HP has doubled, I save the game, I leave the game and I go back to load the save game, and all NPCs have health reduced by half again, but only half of the maximum health is shown, for example: 540 HP out of 1080 or 150 HP out of 300 And so all the NPCs have a problem?
Executor_
Explorer

0.9.4zy now available here

GAMEPLAY CHANGES
  • weight displayed will be for a single unit on the popup screen when you right-click on an item
MODDING
  • changing NPC maxHitpoints will now properly function; before, current hp was being capped at the default hp total during map loading
alex33783378
Initiate

Thanks! Works
Citizen_P
Initiate

There does not seem to be a way to save both the ag center and Highpool using the mod toggle and have the quest log update correctly: you are instead able to install both transmitters at both locations and the fail trigger is never applied after the first is installed, halting the main quest. You have both positive results pending the failure of the other in your quest log; Rangers in the citadel acknowledge both victories. I've played through twice, the first I went wandering to the Prison (found the icon, not because I was pointed) and the brig related NPC was not present; on the second attempt I completed the AG center and returned to the Citadel to see if the dialogue would trigger, but it didn't.
Last edited by Citizen_P on December 2nd, 2020, 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Executor_
Explorer

0.9.4zz now available here

Make sure to also download the Localization.zip as it has been updated and extract the contents into your "...\Wasteland 2 Director's Cut\Build\WL2_Data\StreamingAssets\Localization\" folder. Thanks lexo1000 for the help with the French translation!

FEATURES
  • added supersampling antialiasing (SSAA) to the game, available in the Display Options
    • will internally render at twice the resolution width and height before downsampling for output, producing much better image quality than other forms of antialiasing
    • no blurriness like with FXAA
    • particularly effective at lower resolutions like 1080p
    • much more GPU-intensive as four times the pixels need to be generated, ie. 1080p --> 4K, 4K --> 8K
    • UI not affected, still need to figure out how to get that working
    • screenshot comparisons at 1080p (zoom in to see the actual differences):
  • completely rewrote code for overhead health bar and icons, should now remain a more consistent distance above a character's head, and icons (such as the merchant indicator) should no longer end up being overlapped by the health bar
UPDATED GAME BUG FIXES
  • option to save both AG Center and Highpool removed, would require too many changes for the story to make sense
    • if you already saved both settlements, should now be able to progress main quest
MODDING
  • camera spline positions are now moddable; located in Game.mson in the "Table" folder
    • y corresponds to the camera height, z to the distance from the focal point, and angle is relative to the horizontal
Make sure to delete Game.mson file in your "Mods\Export\Table" directory to ensure it gets re-exported.

Also, I was wrong earlier about the game's antialiasing not working, I got confused by some built-in Unity antialiasing settings while Wasteland 2 has it's AA options (FXAA/NFAA/DLAA) implemented elsewhere, in a DLL I don't normally glance at.
Last edited by Executor_ on December 4th, 2020, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Citizen_P
Initiate

Thank you, I can verify that my save with both towers moved forward and provided items. My quest with only 1 tower completed, allowed me to fix the second tower, updated the quest and provided the transmitter to complete the quest. Everything is setup to allow you to continue,

Thank you for your attention!
Executor_
Explorer

Let me know if you experience any other issues with the main quest.
lexo1000
Initiate

Awesome that you achieve to implement MSAA good job!
FYKC
Novice
badge image for wl3badge.png

Thanks for your continued work on this game!
davoker
Novice

Omg, thank you for following Executor, I've been absent-minded for a few weeks and several versions have come out, I see many improvements and corrections, thank you very much!

P.S: This is a mod officially since you released it, but it has no name, give it a name! hehe
Shadow Jack
Acolyte

Hi Executor, thanks a lot for you work. I have some questions/requests as usual.
1. How hard it would be to add extra digit to AP counter at least in combat menu(it does not have to be pretty just to do the job ). I've inflated necessary AP costs for all weapons(again) and now I have situation when I can have more than 99 AP.
2. Is it possible to somehow pass inflated amount of remaining AP to the next round? Now it seems to be hardcoded.
3. Am thinking to make headgear(helmets more usefull) any ideas suggestions? As I understand you cannot add zonal resistance to headshots, you cannot add resistance to explosives to helmet. All you can do is add to overall Armor Class which is not that realistic.
Best Regards, SJ
Executor_
Explorer

1. I'd have to verify to be sure, but I think I should be able to just make another copy of the digit widget and then adjust some code to support it.
  2. Yes, right now it is hard-coded, but making it moddable wouldn't take long.
  3. Damage to specific body parts is only possible with precision attacks, which are only available to PCs. Resistance to specific damage types would be possible to implement, but it would take quite a bit of work.
I'll try getting the first couple done over the weekend.
Shadow Jack
Acolyte

Thanks a lot!
Executor_
Explorer

0.9.4.053 now available here

MODDING
  • action point display on main HUD now supports values up to 999, will switch to 3-digit version if any squad member has 70+ AP
  • two new DerivedStats added: actionPointCarryover and actionPointReserve; these control how many leftover action points spill over to the next turn
    • actionPointCarryover: percentage of remaining action points that can be retained to the next turn, capped by actionPointReserve, default 50%
    • actionPointReserve: maximum amount of action points that can be added on the next turn, default 2
Shadow Jack
Acolyte

Thanks a lot, Executor! You are the best)
joykafka
Initiate

Thank you for your nice work. I have been trying but the patching always failed. It says "Invalid Input. This typically means that the file you selected to path is not the file your patch is intended for." Did I do anything wrong?

Error Message: https://www.dropbox.com/s/113j2iwxchncr ... 5.png?dl=0

On iMac (macOS High Sierra 10.13), using MultiPath with version 0.9.4.053 (tried both versions for windows and linux).
Executor_
Explorer

Could you email me the Assembly-CSharp.dll from the Mac version please?
executor115@hotmail.com

The DLL for each OS is slightly different and I haven't been able to get the Mac one before, hence I haven't been able to make one that'll definitely work for that system.

Return to “Wasteland 2: Community Content”