Help needed for Intelligence Mod

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

mentaltyranny
Initiate

Help needed for Intelligence Mod

Post by mentaltyranny » December 19th, 2016, 9:56 pm

I was thinking about making a small mod for wasteland 2. I want to adjust the progression of the intelligence attribute. I was thinking base skill point of 1, plus an extra at 1,4,6 and 10, or even 1,4,7, and 10 (which I know is not that different than vanilla). It would not change the fundamentals of game, and give diminishing returns for pushing away from average. It really bothers me that an intelligence 4 and 7 character are mechanically more similar than 8 and 10. The feel is just off and it rewards max min... but i have no idea where to begin. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

mentaltyranny
Initiate

Re: Help needed for Intelligence Mod

Post by mentaltyranny » December 20th, 2016, 8:54 pm

Any help is appreciated... just telling me where to find the correct file will probably be enough. I am pretty good at navigating code.

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » December 20th, 2016, 10:09 pm

I have no idea, but I don't want you to think everyone's ignoring you :)

Executor_
Acolyte

Post by Executor_ » December 22nd, 2016, 6:56 am

What you want would require a DLL edit, specifically Assembly-CSharp.dll-->PCStats.CalculateStatBase.

Probably overkill though. You can just change the amount of unassigned skill points a character has by editing the savegame, though you'd need to do this after every levelup. Easiest method would be to use BlakeStone's Ranger Editor, listed at the top of this forum. Alternatively, preferably using Notepad++, go to your "Saved Games" or "My Games" folder, then to "Wasteland2DC\Save Games\(savename)\" and open the XML file, then repeatedly search for "<availableSkillPoints>" and modify the subsequent number.

mentaltyranny
Initiate

Post by mentaltyranny » December 24th, 2016, 11:18 am

Thanks guys! I think I am just going to stick with vanilla. Btw, is there a reason why none of mods on nexus work? I have tried Wasteland2 DC Patchwork Mod, NEW better MARKERS cursors and more, and Directors Cut - Improved Skill Check Odds. I am pretty good at following directions for mods, I use dozens of mods and utilities on Bethesda games. But I get crash to desktop every loading screen until I remove one.