Power playing?

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Valkyr
Novice

Power playing?

Post by Valkyr » December 2nd, 2016, 10:45 am

I’m re-playing with Director’s Cut (awesome upgrade, thank you InXile), but I remember my first game roleplaying that was pretty chaotic, so now I’m planning to use only my 4 rangers, in Seasoned (the difficulty in which descriptions are accurate). To compensate I’ve planned the Dispairnumerophobia, and, Delayed Gratification, for all of them...

That is: choosing Delayed Gratification at the character creation, then, edit my first save game adding +1 to all stats (in fact only will add 4 points, and still practically OP for me). So, I have a solid squad with all necessary skills, and without the annoying problem of being “meta gaming” all the time, by holding the radio call.

But well, in the past I’ve edited the 1st save (the original version, not DC), but was just to change the annoying completely random underwear, and some clothes that aren’t available during the character creation, just aesthetic changes. Now my characters will have the increment in AP/CI, but without having that perk, I have my rangers at level 5 and seems safe, but I’m unsure its effects at long therm. My question is:

The adding of +4 stats points may cause problems with certain quests, items or any other things that I can’t imagine right now?

Zombra
Global Moderator

Re: Power playing?

Post by Zombra » December 2nd, 2016, 12:45 pm

I can't imagine that monkeying with character stats will have any impact on the game content.

marceror
Adventurer

Post by marceror » December 2nd, 2016, 2:48 pm

I've made boosted characters before, and I had no issues whatsoever for doing so.

Valkyr
Novice

Post by Valkyr » December 2nd, 2016, 3:42 pm

Thank you, I really want to play a professional team. Now, still safe to add 1 perk without having the requirements?

For example, Tinkerer and Charge! without Weaponsmithing or Blunt Weapons, and more difficult to know is Desperado without Bandit and Gunslinger, or Atomizer without Overcharge and Overload, in these last 2 cases could be a problem if I only have the last perk without the 2 previous perks required?

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » December 2nd, 2016, 4:11 pm

I bet you can mess with the character files any way you want and it won't screw up the game content.

Valkyr
Novice

Post by Valkyr » December 3rd, 2016, 5:09 am

Thank you, just asking because I don't want surprises at an advanced stage, like... a quest broken because is missing a skill needed for a perk that I have added... or so. But surely if something like that happens will be solved by editing again the savegame.