I need some help modding enemy weapons

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Krenich
Initiate

I need some help modding enemy weapons

Post by Krenich » September 22nd, 2016, 7:44 am

First of all, sorry for my english.
So, I figured out how to mod PC weapons using the "Mods\Import\ItemTemplate\ItemTemplate_Equipment\ItemTemplate_Weapon\ItemTemplate_WeaponRanged or melee\.mson files" format.
Then I tried to do the same with the mob weapons, using the names and paths from the downloadable itemtemplates list but it is not working.
For example:
Correct me if I am wrong but I guess the first frogs "weapon" in the cave at the radio tower is "ItemTemplate_Equipment/ItemTemplate_Weapon/ItemTemplate_WeaponMelee/AZ1_HornedToad_MurderSite.mson"
His/her default damage is 15-17. So I make a AZ1_HornedToad_MurderSite.mson file in the ItemTemplate_WeaponMelee folder and change the minDamage and maxDamage values to 10-15. Then I load an early save and the damage values above the toads head are still 15-17.
What am I doing wrong? Are these weapons in a different path? Or the changes made it through but it displays the old numbers? Or I need to start a new game to see the changes?
Please someone help me this problem is driving me crazy!

Krenich
Initiate

Re: I need some help modding enemy weapons

Post by Krenich » September 22nd, 2016, 2:31 pm

Ok so restarting the game didnt solve it and it is not a display problem... It must be the folder and file structure.

Krenich
Initiate

Post by Krenich » October 5th, 2016, 11:42 pm

Well, I can give any weapon, even NPC ones to any NPC but I cannot change the stats of the "unusable by PC" weapons. Its funny when you give a gun to a dog. The weapon sticks out of the dogs neck. The dog can shoot with it but it will use the default mauling animation while doing so. Now if I could make that weapon model invisible...

Krenich
Initiate

Post by Krenich » October 7th, 2016, 9:02 am

Ok, this is hopeless... Yes, I can give any weapon to any NPC but if the NPC is using the same weapon as in the base game the modified values will not be used. Only if I give an NPC a totally different weapon than the base weapon will they use the modified values. But then the droplist will drop the base weapon not the nwe one. Man, things were much more simple in the Fallout Tactics days...