Modding questions?

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Jopo80
Initiate

Modding questions?

Post by Jopo80 » June 12th, 2016, 5:33 am

Hello all, I just registered to the forums and am busy trying to learn Wasteland 2 DC modding. :-)

Here´s a few questions;

I tried following the examples and since Jagged Alliance Flashback also uses the .json file format, I tried looking for clues in there...

My goal is to mod the existing drop tables, to add a bit more loot to crates and perhaps the enemies.

Here´s a bit of the code I made so far and which unfortunately does not seem to work?;

Tier_1_AmmoCrate : [
{
dropItems : [

{ item : Ammo_762mm_S, min : 100, max: 200}
{ item : Ammo_556mm_S, min : 100, max: 200}
{ item : Ammo_45_S, min : 100, max: 200}
{ item : Ammo_50_S, min : 100, max: 200}
{ item : Ammo_12-00, min : 100, max: 200}
{ item : Ammo_30-06_S, min : 100, max: 200}
{ item : Ammo_38_S, min : 100, max: 200}
{ item : Ammo_9mm_S, min : 100, max: 200}
{ item : Ammo_BB_S, min : 100, max: 200}
{ item : Ammo_EnergyCell, min : 100, max: 200}

]
}
]

I added a lot of ammo to the crates since they are rather rare I think, but a smaller amount could maybe be added to the raider gunslingers for example?

The path for my mod files is currently; STEAM/Steamapps/common/Wasteland 2 DC/Build/WL_2_Data/Mods/Import/DropSet

Do I need to activate the mod somehow to make the changes show? I tried looting an ammo crate but it was in the default settings... :-(

Thx for the help!

Cheers!

Jopo80
Initiate

Re: Modding questions?

Post by Jopo80 » June 13th, 2016, 9:05 pm

OK, I figured by reading the documentation on the webpage, that I need to create a Tier_1_AmmoCrate.mson file to which I will put my list of desired drops. I did so and tested it on the radio tower ammo crates at the beginning of the game, no result... :-( Do I need to make a reference to a spawner or something, because I couldn´t find a spawner for ammocrates in the list? I´m sorry for asking noobish questions but I´m new to modding this game.