[MOD] Free Combat Camera v1.4 (now works with DC)

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Hazardo
Novice

Re: [MOD] Free Combat Camera v1.4 (now works with DC)

Post by Hazardo » October 26th, 2015, 8:32 am

Thank you, it seems to work fine.

I did have a crash right after installing it, though. I reloaded a save, no problems, then reloaded another one, and the game crashed immediately. I restarted and repeated this, but this time it didn't crash, so... perhaps it had nothing to do with your mod.

Staehrminator
Acolyte

Post by Staehrminator » October 26th, 2015, 9:08 am

Hazardo wrote:Thank you, it seems to work fine.

I did have a crash right after installing it, though. I reloaded a save, no problems, then reloaded another one, and the game crashed immediately. I restarted and repeated this, but this time it didn't crash, so... perhaps it had nothing to do with your mod.
Could be random, could be something I did. Let me know if you manage to reproduce it.

johnsmithfromwest
Initiate

Post by johnsmithfromwest » October 26th, 2015, 2:25 pm

Works great. What a pleasure !! Nice work and thank you.

Udzi
Initiate

Post by Udzi » October 27th, 2015, 12:27 am

Hey

I'd love to make this work but there is no way for me to install it. As soon as the installer makes the .dll file backup I get following message:

1 file(s) copied.

You should now see a mysterious progress bar and some numbers. This might take
a while, but let it finish before you do anything else.
error : Failed to open meta data

Did it finish successfully? If so, you may proceed.

Press any key to continue . . .

After that error i get that message that I need .NET4.5 (have that) and then i get this:

Ah, an interesting problem! This shouldn't take long.
Breaking into the code...
Dislocating the camera algorithm...
There's something odd with this file, I ran into a problem. Restore the backup.

No idea what's the problem there but I would really like to make it work. Any ideas?

Staehrminator
Acolyte

Post by Staehrminator » October 27th, 2015, 1:31 am

Udzi wrote:Hey

I'd love to make this work but there is no way for me to install it. As soon as the installer makes the .dll file backup I get following message:

1 file(s) copied.

You should now see a mysterious progress bar and some numbers. This might take
a while, but let it finish before you do anything else.
error : Failed to open meta data

Did it finish successfully? If so, you may proceed.

After that error i get that message that I need .NET4.5 (have that) and then i get this:

Ah, an interesting problem! This shouldn't take long.
Breaking into the code...
Dislocating the camera algorithm...
There's something odd with this file, I ran into a problem. Restore the backup.

No idea what's the problem there but I would really like to make it work. Any ideas?
Hmmm.
First, the Ildasm.exe fails to disassemble your Dll (no metadata). That could mean your Dll is from a different .NET version, but I have no idea why it would be. But then, it sort of manages to do it, and when the program opens the disassembled DLL it can't make sense of it. Very strange.

Do you have any other mods installed? Could you send your dll (the backup that the installer made) to magnuss (at) outlook.com so I can have a look at it?

EDIT:
Your DLL looks fine (I sent you back a modded version), and the installer works with it on my machine. It must be something with your setup that prevents the mod installer from working properly. See the e-mail I sent you.

Acid
Scholar

Post by Acid » October 27th, 2015, 6:10 am

After I get to the bit where it says your going to see a bunch of mumbo jumbo.. I get this error under ildasm: The program can't start because msvcr120_CLR0400.dll is missing from your comp, what do I do to fix this?

Staehrminator
Acolyte

Post by Staehrminator » October 27th, 2015, 6:29 am

Acid wrote:After I get to the bit where it says your going to see a bunch of mumbo jumbo.. I get this error under ildasm: The program can't start because msvcr120_CLR0400.dll is missing from your comp, what do I do to fix this?
You aren't by any chance running Windows 8 Embedded, are you?

EDIT:
It doesn't matter one widdlywong what operating system you have, what's important is your .NET version. Try downloading and installing the newest one (link below). Unless you have Windows 8 Embedded, in which case, don't. Oh and restart your computer afterwards.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=42643

sav
Novice

Post by sav » October 27th, 2015, 7:22 am

[offtopic]
2Acid
Recently got same troubles with ilasm.exe from WastelandModInjector distribution. The problem was that x86 ilasm.exe for some reason wanted to use x64 .dlls (thanks to Dependency Walker for trouble detection). So I copied ildasm.exe and ilDasmrc.dll from "c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\..." directory and ilasm.exe and fusion.dll from "c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0..." to WastelandModInjector directory, convinced that they run successfully and applied required MODs.
[/offtopic]

Staehrminator
Acolyte

Post by Staehrminator » October 27th, 2015, 3:15 pm

sav wrote:[offtopic]
2Acid
Recently got same troubles with ilasm.exe from WastelandModInjector distribution. The problem was that x86 ilasm.exe for some reason wanted to use x64 .dlls (thanks to Dependency Walker for trouble detection). So I copied ildasm.exe and ilDasmrc.dll from "c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\..." directory and ilasm.exe and fusion.dll from "c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0..." to WastelandModInjector directory, convinced that they run successfully and applied required MODs.
[/offtopic]
This is exactly what I've done in this mod, to prevent that problem. It runs on my machine, but not his.

Acid
Scholar

Post by Acid » October 28th, 2015, 6:24 am

Updated my .net version like you said, and it works now, had ago of it, camera moves freely in combat and stays still when it changes turns, awesome, thank you :).

Staehrminator
Acolyte

Post by Staehrminator » October 28th, 2015, 7:32 am

Acid wrote:Updated my .net version like you said, and it works now, had ago of it, camera moves freely in combat and stays still when it changes turns, awesome, thank you :).

ClashFan
Explorer

Post by ClashFan » November 4th, 2015, 3:06 pm

Been using this for a while now. Great mod! Put it up on the Nexus so that I can endorse it!?

Acid
Scholar

Post by Acid » November 6th, 2015, 5:22 am

Having problems with wl2:DC and the camera mod, after the latest update, the free cam mod stopped working, I changed it back to the backup file and deleted the other .dll file and then game wouldn't load up, so reinstalled your mod and now it just crashes on the load up screen. what should I do, I don't want to ruin my saves can I just delete the game from steam and re download it and my save's will still be there?

Udzi
Initiate

Post by Udzi » November 6th, 2015, 6:00 am

Did you try verify game cache on steam?

Edit: Since there was an update you didn't have to change to backup as that is now an older version of file. Just do verify integrity of game cache and it should fix everything.
Last edited by Udzi on November 6th, 2015, 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Acid
Scholar

Post by Acid » November 6th, 2015, 7:33 am

Yep that fixed it, thanks, can I put the mod back on or wont it work with this new update?

Udzi
Initiate

Post by Udzi » November 6th, 2015, 8:04 am

Just tried it and mod install worked fine for me.

It's great but weird since I couldn't install on previous build :)

ClashFan
Explorer

Post by ClashFan » November 8th, 2015, 10:07 am

There's a cool mod on the Nexus now (Wasteland2 DC Patchwork Mod) that modifies the same .dll file to allow the camera to zoom in further to an over the shoulder view and out with the camera angling forward a bit as it pulls back.

Any way to get this mod and that one to work together? Since both replace the same .dll, I'm guessing not at this time. I hope that these 2 mods can be merged somehow as I'd like both features. For now, I'm sticking with this one as it is more of a "necessity" than the other. So nice not to have the combat camera jerking around.

bman654
Initiate

Post by bman654 » November 9th, 2015, 7:00 am

@Staehrminator - would you be willing to share the source code of your mod?

I'd like to add it as an option to the Patchwork mod I put on Nexus. I'm using the same Patchwork framework that IEMod uses for Pillars of Eternity. I don't know how it compares with what your doing, but it is fairly easy to use and I never have to look at any IL. It uses Mono.Cecil to inject code (I think you might be using ILMerge?).

ClashFan
Explorer

Post by ClashFan » November 9th, 2015, 5:32 pm

Per bman654's advice, I used the Patchwork Mod's assembly-csharp.dll file, then applied this mod's patch. BOTH are working together, at least so far. So, I get the free combat camera from this mod and the Patchwork Mod's improved regular camera zoom ins and zoom out angle!

You guys are great!

Staehrminator
Acolyte

Post by Staehrminator » November 11th, 2015, 12:11 am

bman654 wrote:@Staehrminator - would you be willing to share the source code of your mod?

I'd like to add it as an option to the Patchwork mod I put on Nexus. I'm using the same Patchwork framework that IEMod uses for Pillars of Eternity. I don't know how it compares with what your doing, but it is fairly easy to use and I never have to look at any IL. It uses Mono.Cecil to inject code (I think you might be using ILMerge?).
The source code is sort of already included, it's in the FCCHacks.txt file, it tells you exactly which instructions to change and why. The program that applies it is a VERY simple search and replace (it finds the class def, then the method def, then searches for the given instruction within the boundaries of the first end of method). The batch file just uses ildasm to decompile the code, runs the program on it and then uses ilasm to recompile it.

I'm not sure how the Nexus feels about distributing Microsoft tools (they are free, after all), so I haven't uploaded it there, but if you can add it as a component of your mod that would be superb. I'd rather not have to change it every time they release a new patch. Just put my name in the credits somewhere and I'll be pleased.

By the way, how the hell did you get the camera to zoom in that far? I remember checking and found out that the camera was controlled by an animation spline, have you managed to edit that somehow or have you just written your own magic function that does it?

I'll have a quick look at what they changed in Patch 1 and see if the mod still works. If they didn't mess around too much with UI or camera code then it should still be all right. The fact that people seem to manage to install it at all is a good indicator that everything is still all right.