[MOD] Free Combat Camera v1.4 (now works with DC)

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Udzi
Initiate

Re: [MOD] Free Combat Camera v1.1

Post by Udzi » November 7th, 2014, 12:30 am

Just a heads up..
Tested it too myself and it's not working with patch 3 for me.

Staehrminator
Acolyte

Re: [MOD] Free Combat Camera v1.1

Post by Staehrminator » November 7th, 2014, 1:48 am

VresiBerba wrote:Is this compatible with patch 3?

Edit: To answer my own question, it seems not. I ran the installer on a fresh install, and even though it reports no errors, it doesn't work in-game. Can we please get an update, pretty please ;)
Oh dear. I'll get to work on this right away.

UPDATE: The installer DOES report a problem during the "hacking" phase (although only if you have v1.1), and tells you to restore the backup, so there's that at least.

I've fixed the problem, a new version is up.

VresiBerba
Acolyte

Re: [MOD] Free Combat Camera v1.2

Post by VresiBerba » November 7th, 2014, 8:08 pm

YEEES! (in the voice of Jeremy Clarkson) Works like a charm, thanks.

jimmy jee
Initiate

Post by jimmy jee » November 20th, 2014, 7:14 am

Is this awesomeness compatible with 4th patch?

Garzhad
Novice

Post by Garzhad » December 2nd, 2014, 8:53 am

Any chance you could turn this into a Wasteland Mod Injector plugin?

Udzi
Initiate

Post by Udzi » December 16th, 2014, 3:50 am

Not working with new patch (patch 5) for me.

Anyone else tried?

Udzi
Initiate

Post by Udzi » February 13th, 2015, 4:02 am

This mod is not working for me any more after the latest few patches.

I wonder if game developers plan to give us any options to turn off camera auto moving around in combat through future updates or we're just stuck with it as it is.

I was gonna play a bit more after the latest patch ( patch 6 ) but got annoyed very fast with having to move camera every time the new characters turn comes up.

boxcraft
Novice

Post by boxcraft » February 13th, 2015, 12:14 pm

Udzi wrote:This mod is not working for me any more after the latest few patches.

I wonder if game developers plan to give us any options to turn off camera auto moving around in combat through future updates or we're just stuck with it as it is.

I was gonna play a bit more after the latest patch ( patch 6 ) but got annoyed very fast with having to move camera every time the new characters turn comes up.
It looks like the guy who made this mod is inactive. I want this too, so I'm looking into updating it to work with patch 5/6.

Ap2000
Initiate

Post by Ap2000 » March 9th, 2015, 4:14 pm

Have to bump this.

I find it utterly unbelievable that the developers didn't implement an option to disable this pure annoyance.
Is there any other workaround or something? Especially in the canyon area it's insanely annoying and I have to realign my camera after every single action. HORRIBLE!

Kpoda9158
Initiate

Post by Kpoda9158 » March 9th, 2015, 9:07 pm

too bad I couldn't get it to work with patch 4, I kinda hate when camera moves when I'm NOT moving it :lol:

anyway, thanks for this :)

Staehrminator
Acolyte

Post by Staehrminator » March 26th, 2015, 4:10 am

Awww righty guys, sorry for going AWOL. I actually got bored with Wasteland 2 very quickly, never saw that grab bag i was promised for my donation either...

But I suppose I could update this mod so it works all right with the newest version of the game. I'll try to do that this weekend. Cheers.

UPDATE: Well, that was incredibly easy! Enjoy the new version.

Ap2000
Initiate

Post by Ap2000 » March 26th, 2015, 9:31 am

Staehrminator wrote:Awww righty guys, sorry for going AWOL. I actually got bored with Wasteland 2 very quickly, never saw that grab bag i was promised for my donation either...

But I suppose I could update this mod so it works all right with the newest version of the game. I'll try to do that this weekend. Cheers.

You are telling me this on the very day I actually finish the game...

Well, I'm sure other people will enjoy it, because the cam change is much needed. So, thanks for them!

Kpoda9158
Initiate

Post by Kpoda9158 » March 28th, 2015, 11:01 am

Staehrminator wrote:Awww righty guys, sorry for going AWOL. I actually got bored with Wasteland 2 very quickly, never saw that grab bag i was promised for my donation either...

thank you, I'm still playing wl2 and I could really use this mod, already installed it btw and it's working fine and I really like it, thx again

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » March 28th, 2015, 12:12 pm

Have you contacted them about it? They've been pretty good at resolving such issues quickly.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

Staehrminator
Acolyte

Post by Staehrminator » April 1st, 2015, 11:04 am

Drool wrote:
Have you contacted them about it? They've been pretty good at resolving such issues quickly.
Bless them! It arrived this week at my other apartment, ranger pin and all! I might start playing again once that gameplay rebalance is out... If only there was a way to stop the loot randomization. Oh well. Cheers, inXile!

Tets
Master

Re: [MOD] Free Combat Camera v1.3

Post by Tets » April 1st, 2015, 12:15 pm

thx for the mod, inxile should include a free combat camera as an option in the goty edition.

S4R1N
Initiate

Post by S4R1N » September 6th, 2015, 3:36 am

Works like a dream!

Thanks so much for this, it was driving me batty having the camera movement out of my hands.

Acid
Scholar

Post by Acid » October 17th, 2015, 8:38 am

I find the current camera in combat annoying when it centers on the person whose turn it is, this looks like what I want to fix that, are you going to update it for WL2 DC?

can I use this mod for WL2: DC with out it wrecking my saved games?

johnsmithfromwest
Initiate

Post by johnsmithfromwest » October 18th, 2015, 12:32 pm

Agreed. This mod deserves to be included in the game as an option. It's hard to play without once you got used to it.

Staehrminator
Acolyte

Re: [MOD] Free Combat Camera v1.4

Post by Staehrminator » October 26th, 2015, 1:41 am

I don't know if it will work for DC because I have absolutely no idea what they have changed in the game mechanics. Probably it will not work at all. You can run it just to try, and then restore the backup when (if) it fails. It will not affect your savegames, I'm only changing the game engine.

I'll download DC and have a look at it.

LATER THAT DAY:
InXile may have updated to Unity 5.2, but they're still stuck with their dick up their own ass when it comes to not putting camera-related code in the InputManager class. Anyway, now it works. I think. Tested it by starting a new game and attacking General Vargas, and I was able to move the camera freely for 2 seconds before they shot me dead. Grab the new version from the front page, and let me know if you experience anything unpleasant.

In case it's not clear, there is no need to start a new game with this mod. Just download and install it, and load up your save.

v1.4

Now works for Director's Cut. Yay.

Fixed a nasty bug that allowed the installer to shoot your DLL in the foot and proceed to try and assemble it, which would then fail miserably.

The installer will no longer pretend that everything went fine even if the program gave an error message, you should now get a proper headsup if an error occurs.

Switched to MediaFire as the file provider, so I can check the download count and jerk off at how popular I am.