A Weapon Re-balance Mod (Patch 4 OK!)

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

kullop
Initiate

Re: A Weapon Re-balance Mod (Patch 4 OK!)

Post by kullop » February 8th, 2015, 6:43 am

Please make it work with Patch 5 :)

For Blunt, I recommend high Armpen and medium-high damage, but low base crit chance (high crit damage multiplier)

I would also suggest lowering max range on your revised SMG and Pistols and up the armpen of the later ones by 1 (or just not reduce it). That way, they are forced to be more short range but dealier when you do go in close.

Would also be great if you upped base cone on most shotguns by 15-30% and allowed additional mods

MG should have slightly lower chance to jam as it triggers for each bullet fired and you can't mod them and they eat ammo without being much better than AR still. Maybe 4 round use (down from 5-8) and equal damage, -1% jam chance

Alexandre Lange
Initiate

Post by Alexandre Lange » February 21st, 2015, 6:35 pm

Could you, Chabate Jemhini, do the same (update the mod) for patch 6? Please?

Cabola
Initiate

Post by Cabola » February 23rd, 2015, 9:35 am

Would love to see this mod updated to patch 6!

Kpoda9158
Initiate

Post by Kpoda9158 » March 28th, 2015, 7:35 am

hello, many thanks for sparing the time to do this and share it, I would wish to know how you edited that ItemTemplates.unity3d file so I can do it myself I only want to change some weapons damage and range and stuff like that
thank you :)
and sorry if this was brought up before I can't go reading all the post because of my bad english :D

Edit: I have seen some methods but it's all about changing models and stuff like that!

Kpoda9158
Initiate

Post by Kpoda9158 » April 2nd, 2015, 6:34 am

Hi, may I ask how you managed to edit the ItemTemplates.unity3d file? I want to mess with values myself if it's not too much trouble

NovaRain
Scholar

Post by NovaRain » April 6th, 2015, 6:39 pm

Kpoda9158 wrote:Hi, may I ask how you managed to edit the ItemTemplates.unity3d file? I want to mess with values myself if it's not too much trouble
Currently you need to use a hex editor. This post can be a reference: viewtopic.php?p=142583#p142583

Kpoda9158
Initiate

Post by Kpoda9158 » April 7th, 2015, 3:03 am

NovaRain wrote:
Kpoda9158 wrote:Hi, may I ask how you managed to edit the ItemTemplates.unity3d file? I want to mess with values myself if it's not too much trouble
Currently you need to use a hex editor. This post can be a reference: viewtopic.php?p=142583#p142583
thank you, I will check it out and get myself busy

phobos2077
Novice

Post by phobos2077 » July 12th, 2015, 6:25 am

Just stopped by to thank the author for his work. Spent half a day in hex editor applying the rebalanced weapon stats for my patch 6 file. Though I only changed tier 4-6 weapons (since I'm deep in LA now, almost no low tier stuff there) and did stats a bit differently for my taste, having that list of well thought-out weapon stats helped speed the process a lot. Now I can finally enjoy combat to some extent :)

That Reddit Guy
Initiate

Post by That Reddit Guy » August 3rd, 2016, 3:57 pm

Here's a link to this mod now updated for DC:
https://github.com/SniffleMan/Wasteland ... -Rebalance
Put the Import folder into "Wasteland 2 Director's Cut\Build\WL2_Data\Mods" and you're good to go!

If you need to contact me, or have suggestions for the mod, I can be reached at https://www.reddit.com/user/SniffleMan/
Last edited by That Reddit Guy on October 1st, 2016, 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nicodemus
Initiate

Post by Nicodemus » September 4th, 2016, 12:16 pm

Thanks to all of the people that developed and updated this mod. It has made the game much more enjoyable.

Abade69
Initiate

Post by Abade69 » November 16th, 2016, 3:08 pm

Here's a link to this mod now updated for DC:
https://github.com/SniffleMan/Wasteland ... -Rebalance
Put the Import folder into "Wasteland 2 Director's Cut\Build\WL2_Data\Mods" and you're good to go!

If you need to contact me, or have suggestions for the mod, I can be reached at https://www.reddit.com/user/SniffleMan/
is this the same mod of the thread autor? (planning to install this on directors cut). I only see AR's modifications on the changelog, what am i missing?