Wasteland 2: now with improved modding capabilities (and bugfixes!)

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.
Executor_
Explorer

No idea what's causing that music issue and it's pretty difficult to fix something I can't replicate.

Have you tried some of the suggestions in here? https://steamcommunity.com/app/240760/d ... 424755434/
Alexey
Initiate

Hi guys
(I'm using google translate but I hope I can express my thoughts)

I. I found 2 bugs if I start a new mod-game using the characters created in the vanilla version.
1. If there was a character with an ascetic quirk, he will not receive additional +5 skill points +1 attribute point. Previously they were given after the start of the game, but the mod gives them at the stage of character creation. And now the game considers that they have already been given
2. All characters created in the vanilla version receive 1 perk point at the start of the game.

II.
Have a question about the Asshole quirk.
Now the game considers the character has the tenth level in the HardAss skill and you can take Bloodthirst perk at level 4.
Looks too strong to me. And how correct is that giving the fact that according to the game description, the quirk grants 100% check passing, not the 10th skill level.

III. Could you clarify this change
"base game gives melee attackers +40 hit vs targets crouching in the open, now targets crouching in low cover are also similarly penalized"

I love the challenge. But I always created a melee ranger to fight a covered enemy and now he looks much more effective.
Does the melee-enemies also have such bonus when they attack my covered characters?
vierjaa
Initiate

I wanna thank you for making this. I did my first run on vainilla, now im on my second run with ypur update and its amazing. The character creation is more diverse and with the help of WL2DCRangerEditor and Wasteland 2 save and char editor, I made a squad more roleplayed, i could edited the companions skins too. Thanks again man
Executor_
Explorer

Alexey wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 7:54 am I. I found 2 bugs if I start a new mod-game using the characters created in the vanilla version.
1. If there was a character with an ascetic quirk, he will not receive additional +5 skill points +1 attribute point. Previously they were given after the start of the game, but the mod gives them at the stage of character creation. And now the game considers that they have already been given
This was changed because the Ascetic trait was granting those +5 skill points and +1 attribute point each time you started a new campaign with that character, ie. if you finished one campaign and started another, you would end up receiving the Ascetic bonus twice.
Alexey wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 7:54 am 2. All characters created in the vanilla version receive 1 perk point at the start of the game.
The data stored in the exported characters is very limited, specifically no version info, but I might be able to find a workaround for this.

I would recommend just not using exported characters from the vanilla game for now.
Alexey wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 7:54 am II.
Have a question about the Asshole quirk.
Now the game considers the character has the tenth level in the HardAss skill and you can take Bloodthirst perk at level 4.
Looks too strong to me.
In the vanilla game, Asshole trait qualifies you for Bloodthirsty immediately too, so no change. The Bloodthirsty perk isn't that strong anyway.
Alexey wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 7:54 am And how correct is that giving the fact that according to the game description, the quirk grants 100% check passing, not the 10th skill level.
10th skill level = guaranteed success for dialogue skills, as there is no random roll for dialogue checks so again nothing has changed in that respect.
Alexey wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 7:54 am III. Could you clarify this change
"base game gives melee attackers +40 hit vs targets crouching in the open, now targets crouching in low cover are also similarly penalized"

I love the challenge. But I always created a melee ranger to fight a covered enemy and now he looks much more effective.
It seemed weird to me that only crouching out in the open gave the bonus to melee attackers, hence the change. Melee is not particularly powerful in the game, at least compared to assault and sniper rifles, so its not going to unbalance anything. And lots of enemies will be standing behind tall cover, in which case you won't get any bonus.
Alexey wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 7:54 am Does the melee-enemies also have such bonus when they attack my covered characters?
Yes, the bonus to hit will apply to enemies against your characters behind low cover.
vierjaa wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 7:58 pm I wanna thank you for making this. I did my first run on vainilla, now im on my second run with ypur update and its amazing. The character creation is more diverse and with the help of WL2DCRangerEditor and Wasteland 2 save and char editor, I made a squad more roleplayed, i could edited the companions skins too. Thanks again man
Glad to hear you're enjoying it. :)
Executor_
Explorer

0.9.4.086 now available here

CHANGELOG
UPDATED GAME BUG FIXES
  • level 1 characters that were exported by the base game would erroneously receive a perk point
MODDING
  • the enableDebugUI in ItemTemplate_Weapon.mson of the 'Table' folder reworked and expanded, can now change rotation and scale of weapons and mod mounts
Alexey
Initiate

Hi, Executor_!
Thanks for the answer and for what you do.
The only thing I would like to add is that in vanilla, if you choose the Asshole trait, then you will not be able to choose the Bloodthirsty trait for this character at all.

And I also remembered one bug of the original version.

There are 3 quirks that change combat speed:
Brittle Bones -50%
Thick-skinned -30%
Twitchy +20%

Also in the game there are armors that reduce speed.
And additionally there is a speed penalty if the character's strength is less than the recommended one.
And as far as I understand, the game first applies the penalties from armor and low strength and then applies the quirk's penalty/bonus.
This means that the penalties from the Brittle Bones and Thick-skinned quirks reduce the penalty from armor and low strength.
But Twitchy bonus on the contrary increases such penalties.

Which is unlikely correct.

It would be great if you could fix that bug.
Shadow Jack
Scholar

Executor_ wrote: May 6th, 2022, 8:49 am 0.9.4.086 now available here

CHANGELOG
UPDATED GAME BUG FIXES
  • level 1 characters that were exported by the base game would erroneously receive a perk point
MODDING
  • the enableDebugUI in ItemTemplate_Weapon.mson of the 'Table' folder reworked and expanded, can now change rotation and scale of weapons and mod mounts
Thanks a lot!
I have a question: in prefab.mson there is such item - // cube (environment/reflection) map texture settings.
What is it? Is it Metal, roughness or AO?
Shadow Jack
Scholar

I've tried new functionality rotating/rescaling models etc. It is awesome. Have some questions:
1. Can I add existing mod attach points to new/existing prefabs? For example add scope attach point to pistols. I 've copied scope attach point from other prefab to pistol with no visible effect.
2. Sometimes new model in holstered position is placed on the back of a ranger(pistol). If I try to adjust it using new functionality model shakes a lot comparing to the vanilla models placed on the hip. Is that normal behavior now, or am I missing out something(I used other pistol not a rifle prefab as a template)?
3. If I edit model in holstered position save changes and transfer changes to ItemTemplate_Weapon.mson they are not saved.
4. When I try to add new random encounters(I increase weighting of new encounters in msons from folder<C:\GOG Games\Wasteland 2 Director's Cut\WL2_Data\Mods\Import\Arizona\ArizonaWorldMap\WorldMapRandomEncounterZone>) they do not appear on the map.
Executor_
Explorer

Alexey wrote: May 9th, 2022, 5:25 am Hi, Executor_!
The only thing I would like to add is that in vanilla, if you choose the Asshole trait, then you will not be able to choose the Bloodthirsty trait for this character at all.
Oh, you're right. When I tested this several days ago in the base game, the tooltip showed the Bloodthirsty trait as unlocked, but if you have a perk point, you still can't spend it on Bloodthirsty.
Alexey wrote: May 9th, 2022, 5:25 am And I also remembered one bug of the original version.

Brittle Bones -50%
Thick-skinned -30%
Twitchy +20%

And additionally there is a speed penalty if the character's strength is less than the recommended one.
And as far as I understand, the game first applies the penalties from armor and low strength and then applies the quirk's penalty/bonus.
This means that the penalties from the Brittle Bones and Thick-skinned quirks reduce the penalty from armor and low strength.

Thanks for the bug info, I'll look into it and try to get it fixed for the next update.
Shadow Jack wrote: May 9th, 2022, 8:11 am I have a question: in prefab.mson there is such item - // cube (environment/reflection) map texture settings.
Cubemaps are very rarely used by the in-game shaders. There's a bunch of texture types, like specular glossy, metallic glossy, occlusion, and emission that are used much more often, but right now you can't edit those in the Prefab MSONs. I'll see about resolving that.
Shadow Jack wrote: May 10th, 2022, 3:24 am 1. Can I add existing mod attach points to new/existing prefabs? For example add scope attach point to pistols. I 've copied scope attach point from other prefab to pistol with no visible effect.
You're sure that the scope attach point you copied was set to "activeSelf : true"? But I'll try it myself to confirm.
Shadow Jack wrote: May 10th, 2022, 3:24 am 2. Sometimes new model in holstered position is placed on the back of a ranger(pistol). If I try to adjust it using new functionality model shakes a lot comparing to the vanilla models placed on the hip. Is that normal behavior now, or am I missing out something(I used other pistol not a rifle prefab as a template)?
Holstered position is determined by the weaponType field in the ItemTemplate_Weapon MSONs. I'll test it out later myself, but not sure why it wouldn't be working.
Shadow Jack wrote: May 10th, 2022, 3:24 am 3. If I edit model in holstered position save changes and transfer changes to ItemTemplate_Weapon.mson they are not saved.
I'll test this out too.
Shadow Jack wrote: May 10th, 2022, 3:24 am 4. When I try to add new random encounters(I increase weighting of new encounters in msons from folder<C:\GOG Games\Wasteland 2 Director's Cut\WL2_Data\Mods\Import\Arizona\ArizonaWorldMap\WorldMapRandomEncounterZone>) they do not appear on the map.
It worked last time I tried it, but that was a while back. I'll look into this as well.
Shadow Jack
Scholar

Thanks a lot. Update: One of my new random encounter finally appeared but only once and only near ranger citadel(not sure if that matters). So either I am extremely unlucky or something is wrong with calculation of event probability(which Wasteland 2 was never good at).
Executor_
Explorer

What's the percentChance set to in the WorldMapRandomEncounterZone? Because that determines the chance that an encounter occurred, and only then does the game look at the list of encounters to determine the specific one.

Also make sure the encounter zone is active. Look inside the worldMap.mson in the "Arizona/ArizonaWorldMap" folder.
Shadow Jack
Scholar

Executor_ wrote: May 11th, 2022, 5:01 pm What's the percentChance set to in the WorldMapRandomEncounterZone? Because that determines the chance that an encounter occurred, and only then does the game look at the list of encounters to determine the specific one.

Also make sure the encounter zone is active. Look inside the worldMap.mson in the "Arizona/ArizonaWorldMap" folder.
I've edited all msons to look like the one below(basically I've added copies of vanilla encounters). Some have 100% some 14% some 2%. I am wondering what will happen if in all msons I will set probability to 100%?

Code: Select all

{
	position : { x : 525.0, y : 560.0 }
	size : { x : 150.0, y : 160.0 }

scenes : [ AZ_RandomMap_08 ]
	collection : {
		percentChance : 14

encounters : [
			{ encounter : RE_Desert_Human_VeryEasy2, weighting : 200 }
			{ encounter : RE_Desert_Human_Easy2, weighting : 200 }
			{ encounter : RE_Desert_Human_Ultra2, weighting : 50 }
			{ encounter : RE_Desert_Human_Medium2, weighting : 200 }
			{ encounter : RE_Desert_Human_Hard2, weighting : 200 } 
			{ encounter : RE_Desert_Human_Ultra, weighting : 10 }
			{ encounter : RE_Desert_Animal_Easy, weighting : 80 }
			{ encounter : RE_Desert_Human_Easy, weighting : 10 } { encounter : RE_Desert_Human_Easy2, weighting : 10 }
			{ encounter : RE_Desert_Animal_Easy_With_Civilians, weighting : 10 }
			{ encounter : RE_Desert_RangerDeathSquad_01, weighting : 200 }
			{ encounter : RE_Desert_RangerDeathSquad_02, weighting : 200 }
			{ encounter : RE_Desert_RangerDeathSquad_03, weighting : 200 }
			{ encounter : RE_Infected_Adds, weighting : 110 }
			{ encounter : RE_Desert_Vendor, weighting : 10 }
			{ encounter : RE_Desert_Human_Desertiers, weighting : 10 }
		]
	}
}
And that is how my worldMap.mson looks like.

Code: Select all

{
	randomEncounterZones : [
		{ name : "[0,0] Random Encounter - Ultra", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[0,0] Random Encounter - Ultra - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[0,1] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[0,1] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[0,2] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[0,2] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[0,3] Random Encounter - Medium", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[0,3] Random Encounter - Medium - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[0,4] Random Encounter - Easy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[0,4] Random Encounter - Easy - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[0,5] Random Encounter - Easy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[0,5] Random Encounter - Easy - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[0,6] Random Encounter - Medium", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[0,6] Random Encounter - Medium - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[0,7] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[0,7] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[0,8] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[0,8] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[1,1] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[1,1] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[1,2] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[1,2] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[1,3] Random Encounter - Easy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[1,3] Random Encounter - Easy - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[1,4] Random Encounter - Easy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[1,4] Random Encounter - Easy - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[1,5] Random Encounter - Easy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[1,5] Random Encounter - Easy - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[1,6] Random Encounter - Medium", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[1,6] Random Encounter - Medium - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[1,7] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[1,7] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[1,8] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[1,8] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[1,9] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[1,9] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[2,0] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[2,0] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[2,1] Random Encounter - Medium", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[2,1] Random Encounter - Medium - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[2,2] Random Encounter - Easy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[2,2] Random Encounter - Easy - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[2,3] Random Encounter - Easy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[2,3] Random Encounter - Easy - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[2,4] DUMMY ENCOUNTER", enabled : false }
		{ name : "[2,4] DUMMY ENCOUNTER - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[2,4] RE_AroundRC2", enabled : false }
		{ name : "[2,4] RE_AroundRC2 - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[2,5] RE_AroundRC", enabled : false }
		{ name : "[2,5] RE_AroundRC - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[2,6] Random Encounter - Medium", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[2,6] Random Encounter - Medium - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[2,7] Random Encounter - Medium", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[2,7] Random Encounter - Medium - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[2,8] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[2,8] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[2,9] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[2,9] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[3,0] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[3,0] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[3,1] Random Encounter - Medium", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[3,1] Random Encounter - Medium - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[3,2] Random Encounter - Easy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[3,2] Random Encounter - Easy - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[3,3] Random Encounter - Easy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[3,3] Random Encounter - Easy - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[3,4] Random Encounter - Easy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[3,4] Random Encounter - Easy - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[3,5] Random Encounter - Easy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[3,5] Random Encounter - Easy - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[3,6] Random Encounter - Easy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[3,6] Random Encounter - Easy - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[3,7] Random Encounter - Medium", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[3,7] Random Encounter - Medium - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[3,8] Random Encounter - Medium", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[3,8] Random Encounter - Medium - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[3,9] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[3,9] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[4,0] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[4,0] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[4,1] Random Encounter - Medium", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[4,1] Random Encounter - Medium - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[4,2] Random Encounter - Medium", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[4,2] Random Encounter - Medium - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[4,3] Random Encounter - Very Easy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[4,3] Random Encounter - Very Easy - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[4,4] Random Encounter - Easy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[4,4] Random Encounter - Easy - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[4,5] RE_SurroundingMurderSite", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[4,5] RE_SurroundingMurderSite - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[4,6] Random Encounter - Easy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[4,6] Random Encounter - Easy - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[4,7] Random Encounter - Medium", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[4,7] Random Encounter - Medium - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[4,8] Random Encounter - Medium", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[4,8] Random Encounter - Medium - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[4,9] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[4,9] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[5,0] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[5,0] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[5,1] Random Encounter - Medium", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[5,1] Random Encounter - Medium - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[5,2] Random Encounter - Medium", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[5,2] Random Encounter - Medium - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[5,3] Random Encounter - Easy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[5,3] Random Encounter - Easy - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[5,4] Random Encounter - Easy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[5,4] Random Encounter - Easy - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[5,5] Random Encounter - Easy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[5,5] Random Encounter - Easy - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[5,6] Random Encounter - Easy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[5,6] Random Encounter - Easy - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[5,7] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[5,7] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[5,8] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[5,8] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[5,9] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[5,9] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[6,0] Random Encounter - Ultra", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[6,0] Random Encounter - Ultra - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[6,1] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[6,1] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[6,2] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[6,2] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[6,3] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[6,3] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[6,4] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[6,4] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[6,5] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[6,5] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[6,6] Random Encounter - Robots", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[6,6] Random Encounter - Robots - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[6,7] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[6,7] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[6,8] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[6,8] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[6,9] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[6,9] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[7,0] Random Encounter - Ultra", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[7,0] Random Encounter - Ultra - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[7,1] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[7,1] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[7,2] Random Encounter - Ultra", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[7,2] Random Encounter - Ultra - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[7,3] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[7,3] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[7,4] Random Encounter - Robots", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[7,4] Random Encounter - Robots - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[7,5] Random Encounter - Robots", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[7,5] Random Encounter - Robots - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[7,6] Random Encounter - Robots", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[7,6] Random Encounter - Robots - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[7,7] Random Encounter - Robots", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[7,7] Random Encounter - Robots - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[7,8] Random Encounter - Robots", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[7,8] Random Encounter - Robots - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[7,9] Random Encounter - Hard", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[7,9] Random Encounter - Hard - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[8,2] Random Encounter - Ultra", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[8,2] Random Encounter - Ultra - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[8,3] Random Encounter - Ultra", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[8,3] Random Encounter - Ultra - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[8,4] Random Encounter - Robots", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[8,4] Random Encounter - Robots - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[8,5] Random Encounter - Robots", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[8,5] Random Encounter - Robots - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[8,6] Random Encounter - Robots", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[8,6] Random Encounter - Robots - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[8,7] Random Encounter - Robots", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[8,7] Random Encounter - Robots - Copy", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[8,8] Random Encounter - Robots", enabled : true }
		{ name : "[8,8] Random Encounter - Robots - Copy", enabled : true }
	]
}
Executor_
Explorer

If you set percentChance to 100 in a zone, then indeed you will get random encounters there very quickly. Great for testing, and you can always revert back to something lower later.
apoc_now
Initiate

I have a question: Can we have requiredSkillLevel for ItemTemplate_Weapon and expand Table_MissingAttributeRequirements so it could cover skill as well?
Executor_
Explorer

Don't see why not, doesn't sound too complex.
Shadow Jack
Scholar

Executor_ wrote: May 11th, 2022, 9:11 am
Alexey wrote: May 9th, 2022, 5:25 am Hi, Executor_!
Oh, you're right. When I tested this several days ago in the base game, the tooltip showed the Bloodthirsty trait as unlocked, but if you have a perk point, you still can't spend it on Bloodthirsty.
Alexey wrote: May 9th, 2022, 5:25 am And I also remembered one bug of the original version.

Brittle Bones -50%
Thick-skinned -30%
Twitchy +20%

Thanks for the bug info, I'll look into it and try to get it fixed for the next update.
Shadow Jack wrote: May 9th, 2022, 8:11 am I have a question: in prefab.mson there is such item - // cube (environment/reflection) map texture settings.
Cubemaps are very rarely used by the in-game shaders. There's a bunch of texture types, like specular glossy, metallic glossy, occlusion, and emission that are used much more often, but right now you can't edit those in the Prefab MSONs. I'll see about resolving that.
Shadow Jack wrote: May 10th, 2022, 3:24 am 1. Can I add existing mod attach points to new/existing prefabs? For example add scope attach point to pistols. I 've copied scope attach point from other prefab to pistol with no visible effect.
You're sure that the scope attach point you copied was set to "activeSelf : true"? But I'll try it myself to confirm.
Shadow Jack wrote: May 10th, 2022, 3:24 am 2. Sometimes new model in holstered position is placed on the back of a ranger(pistol). If I try to adjust it using new functionality model shakes a lot comparing to the vanilla models placed on the hip. Is that normal behavior now, or am I missing out something(I used other pistol not a rifle prefab as a template)?
Holstered position is determined by the weaponType field in the ItemTemplate_Weapon MSONs. I'll test it out later myself, but not sure why it wouldn't be working.
Shadow Jack wrote: May 10th, 2022, 3:24 am 3. If I edit model in holstered position save changes and transfer changes to ItemTemplate_Weapon.mson they are not saved.
I'll test this out too.
Shadow Jack wrote: May 10th, 2022, 3:24 am 4. When I try to add new random encounters(I increase weighting of new encounters in msons from folder<C:\GOG Games\Wasteland 2 Director's Cut\WL2_Data\Mods\Import\Arizona\ArizonaWorldMap\WorldMapRandomEncounterZone>) they do not appear on the map.
It worked last time I tried it, but that was a while back. I'll look into this as well.
Update: concerning changes not saving - that is false alarm - that's me messing up mson formatting(extra bracket in ItemTemplate_Weapon).
Also scopes started to arrive when add/copy attach points - have no idea why, maybe because I've fixed previous issue.
Situation when new pistol model is holstered on the back instead of a hip persists.
I've noticed that some RSM mobs have dog sounds: when they attack they bark, and whimper when die. Also Pizepi sometimes makes infected mutant sounds(growls) when attacks, in other cases she shouts her standard war cries.
Executor_
Explorer

0.9.4.087 now available here

Localization.zip has been updated so make sure to download it again too and extract into your "/WL2_Data/StreamingAssets/Localization/" directory.
For those interested in modding, also delete the enums.txt and Prefab, BaseStat and ItemTemplate folders in "Mods/Export" so they will get outputted again.

CHANGELOG
BASE GAME BUG FIXES
  • Brittle Bones, Thick-skinned, and Twitchy quirks now only affect base combat speed (ie. from the Speed attribute) as befits their descriptions
    • rectifies the issue of Twitchy increasing the movement penalties from armors while Brittle Bones and Thick-skinned would actually reduce them
MODDING
  • ItemTemplate_Equipment requiredAttributeValues field changed to requiredStatValues that supports Skills
    • Table_MissingAttributeRequirements.mson no longer used, settings now in Table_MissingItemRequirements.mson; allows changing which DerivedStats are affected
  • now handles multiple overlapping WorldMapRandomEncounterZones better
  • format for Prefab MSONs changed somewhat
    • properly checks for all textures rather than just the previous three, mostly affects "Prefab/Prefab_WeaponMelee/W_pipe.mson"
    • TextureProperty values can be found in enums.txt in "Mods/Export" folder
    • fixed issue with it not finding MeshFilter/MeshRenderer in a few prefabs

__________________________________________________________________________________

Haven't been able to replicate this. Do you have a specific model I could try to get this bug to appear?
Shadow Jack wrote: May 14th, 2022, 9:19 am I've noticed that some RSM mobs have dog sounds: when they attack they bark, and whimper when die. Also Pizepi sometimes makes infected mutant sounds(growls) when attacks, in other cases she shouts her standard war cries.
Did a bit of testing but didn't hear this. Are there any RSM mobs where this always happens?
Shadow Jack
Scholar

I've sent you model on email.
Shadow Jack
Scholar

"Did a bit of testing but didn't hear this. Are there any RSM mobs where this always happens?"

I don't remember but I'll keep track in the future.
Executor_
Explorer

0.9.4.088 now available here

CHANGELOG
MODDING
  • adding a new child GameObject (like a mod mount for a weapon) to a pre-existing prefab wasn't being marked as DontDestroyOnLoad, causing it to disappear soon after; creating a new prefab using the template field was working fine

Return to “Wasteland 2: Community Content”