Wasteland 2: now with improved modding capabilities!

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.
Executor_
Explorer

Not yet, but shouldn't take too long to implement.
Shadow Jack
Acolyte

Thanks a lot, but please do it only if it is really easy. I still haven't figured out/learned how to match number of vertices to the number of normals. I have a reflex sight mod and I just want to replace vanilla scope model with some red dot sight mesh without textures.
Executor_
Explorer

0.9.4.064 now available here

GENERAL
  • FOWRevealRange changes are now propagated promptly
MODDING
  • can now add/edit 3D model prefabs for ItemTemplate_ModVisibles
  • when creating new weapon prefab using the template field, some changes were also inadvertently affecting the template
Last edited by Executor_ on May 23rd, 2021, 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow Jack
Acolyte

Executor_ wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 3:31 am
[*]when creating new weapon prefab using the template field, some changes were also inadvertently affecting the template
Thanks a lot, Executor! Can you elaborate what changes you are talking about? Or it has no practical impact for the end user(e.g. me)?
Shadow Jack
Acolyte

I've tried to replace mesh of existing scope and it overrides successfully. However I have some trouble with creating new one. I've created prefab file but I get <Error [Line 6 at 'Mod_Scope2'] Could not find an object of type GameObject named 'Mod_Scope2'.>

Here is my prefab mson
{
template : Mod_Scope // only needed if creating a new prefab; fill with the name of a pre-existing prefab that will be used as the basis of this new object

localPosition : { x : 0.0, y : 0.0, z : 0.0 }
localRotation : { x : 0.0, y : 0.0, z : 0.0 }
localScale : { x : 1.0, y : 1.0, z : 1.0 }

children : [
{
name : "W_Scope"
activeSelf : true

localPosition : { x : 0.0, y : 0.0, z : 0.0 }
localRotation : { x : 270.0, y : 90.0, z : 0.0 }
localScale : { x : 1.0, y : 1.0, z : 1.0 }
}
]

overrideMesh : true
meshFilename : "RedDotSight"

// diffuse (main) texture settings
overrideDiffuse : false
diffuseFilename : "T_PSG1_D"
diffuseScale : { x : 1.0, y : 1.0 }
diffuseOffset : { x : 0.0, y : 0.0 }
diffuseColor : { r : 1.0, g : 1.0, b : 1.0, a : 1.0 }

// normal (bump) map texture settings
overrideNormal : false
normalFilename : "T_PSG1_N"
normalScale : { x : 1.0, y : 1.0 }
normalOffset : { x : 0.0, y : 0.0 }
normalColor : { r : 0.0, g : 0.0, b : 0.0, a : 0.0 }

// cube (environment/reflection) map texture settings
overrideCube : false
cubeFilename : ""
cubeScale : { x : 0.0, y : 0.0 }
cubeOffset : { x : 0.0, y : 0.0 }
cubeColor : { r : 0.0, g : 0.0, b : 0.0, a : 0.0 }
}
Executor_
Explorer

0.9.4.065 now available here

MODDING
  • mod prefab MSONs now properly white-listed so that they will be processed

Shadow Jack wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 8:21 am Can you elaborate what changes you are talking about? Or it has no practical impact for the end user(e.g. me)?
Before, both the copy's and the template's mesh and textures would end up being changed if you were overriding the mesh/textures.
Shadow Jack wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 11:58 am I've tried to replace mesh of existing scope and it overrides successfully. However I have some trouble with creating new one. I've created prefab file but I get <Error [Line 6 at 'Mod_Scope2'] Could not find an object of type GameObject named 'Mod_Scope2'.>
Sorry about that. Should be working now.
CraftlordDark
Initiate

Hi!

I have a situation when i try to patch the Assembly-CSharp.dll. The file size of the .dll is 16.2 mb (17,001,984 bytes), i tried to delete the file and verify again on steam, but im still getting the same file size. I have Wasteland 2 Director Cut steam version (Im using Windows), does that version doesnt work with this patch?
What can i do to fix the problem? Please i need help, i really wanted to try the Red Boots mod on nexus :(
Last edited by CraftlordDark on June 3rd, 2021, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Executor_
Explorer

These patches are only for the Director's Cut version of WL2. The size of the DLL you listed exactly matches the size of the original WL2 Assembly-CSharp.dll. Since DC incorporates so many improvements to the game, there's little reason to play the original version.
CraftlordDark
Initiate

Executor_ wrote: June 4th, 2021, 5:26 pm These patches are only for the Director's Cut version of WL2. The size of the DLL you listed exactly matches the size of the original WL2 Assembly-CSharp.dll. Since DC incorporates so many improvements to the game, there's little reason to play the original version.
Oh god, thank you. Im so stupid, i realized i downloaded the wasteland 2 normal version, not the DC version :/ Sorry and thanks again.
CraftlordDark
Initiate

Hi!

I think maybe the universe is telling me to not play Wasteland 2. I found a bug starting the game, when i try to create a custom squad and then click the Create Custom Character the game freeze a couple of second and nothing happens, i can click many times the "Create Custom Character" and keep repeating the same error. In the output_log.txt it appears this "exception"

Code: Select all

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PCStats.RecalculateAllStats () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PCInventory.Equip (.ItemInstance_Equipment equipItem, EquipmentSlot slot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PCInventory.InitEquipment (Boolean equip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PCInventory.Init (.PC pc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PC.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CharacterScreen.CreateActualPC () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CharacterScreen.OnCharacterCreationEvent (.EventInfoBase eventInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CharacterCreationScreenConsole.OnCharacterCreationEvent (.EventInfoBase eventInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) EventManager/EventHandler:invoke_void__this___EventInfoBase (EventInfoBase)
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) EventManager/EventHandler:invoke_void__this___EventInfoBase (EventInfoBase)
  at EventManager.Publish (.EventInfoBase eventInfo, Boolean forcePublish) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CHA_GenderPanel.OnMaleClicked (UnityEngine.GameObject obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)
UIButtonMessage:Send()
UIButtonMessage:OnClick()
UICamera:Notify(GameObject, String, Object)
UICamera:ProcessTouch(Boolean, Boolean)
UICamera:ProcessMouse()
UICamera:Update()

(Filename:  Line: -1)
I tried a work around doing the "Using Default Squad" and customizing each member, but if i make any change to a squad member (change name, portrait or appearance) the game again get bugged and doesnt let me change skills or perks (it just show the background).
Again, i found the output_log.txt showed me two "exceptions"

This one

at PCTemplate.GetSkillLevel (.Skill skill, Boolean clamped) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CHA_SkillEditor.GetAdjustedBaseValue () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CHA_SkillEditor.UpdateValueLabelCollider () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CHA_SkillEditor.UpdateEditor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CHA_SkillEditor.SetSkill (.Skill skill, .PC pc, .PointRetrievalDelegate pointsCallback, .SkillChangedDelegate callback, .SkillEditorPressedDelegate pressedCallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CHA_SkillPanel.PopulateData (.PC pc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CHA_AttributePanel.PopulateData (.PC pc, Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CHA_AttributePanel.PopulateData (.PC pc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CharacterScreen.GoToPanel (EditorPanel panel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CharacterCreationScreenConsole.GoToNextScreen () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CharacterCreationScreenConsole.OnDoneClicked (UnityEngine.GameObject obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

And this one

at PCTemplate.GetSkillLevel (.Skill skill, Boolean clamped) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PCTemplate.CanAcquireTrait (.Trait trait) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PC.GetUnlockedTraits () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CHA_TraitsPanel.PopulateData (.PC pc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CharacterScreen.GoToPanel (EditorPanel panel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CharacterCreationScreenConsole.GoToNextScreen () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CharacterCreationScreenConsole.OnDoneClicked (UnityEngine.GameObject obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

For reference, i havent installed any mods yet, just patched the Assembly-CSharp.dll and was doing the last step you put in the installs instructions... checking the output_log.txt doesnt show up any "exception".
Also tried without the patched Assembly-CSharp.dll, and it works, i could create a custom character and custom squad with no troubles.
I really have an horrible luck :/
Executor_
Explorer

0.9.4.066 now available here

UPDATED GAME BUG FIXES
  • character creation working again
CraftlordDark wrote: June 5th, 2021, 3:46 pm I think maybe the universe is telling me to not play Wasteland 2. I found a bug starting the game, when i try to create a custom squad and then click the Create Custom Character the game freeze a couple of second and nothing happens, i can click many times the "Create Custom Character" and keep repeating the same error. In the output_log.txt it appears this "exception"
It seems I broke character creation back in 0.9.4.064 when I was making changes to fowRevealRange and it wasn't noticed till you tried it. Sorry.

Return to “Wasteland 2: Community Content”