Wasteland 2: now with improved modding capabilities!

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

lexo1000
Initiate

Re: Wasteland 2: now with improved modding capabilities!

Post by lexo1000 »

Hey,
1 : Sound in main menu work fine now.
2 : Attributes and skills tooltips are ok. I talked about derived stats like Chance to Evade, Combat speed etc. Tried with vanilla CSharp and tooltips doesn't show up also. So I was wondering if it was possible to add tooltips with modifiers for these Derived stats (simple QoL update but if it is too complicated, forget it ;)
3 : great thanks
Last edited by lexo1000 on November 4th, 2020, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lexo1000
Initiate

Post by lexo1000 »

Please could you also fix the ambush icon position? : https://imgur.com/a/oechGfl
Executor_
Explorer

Post by Executor_ »

Taking a bit longer than expected to add the extra tooltips as it requires backporting a bunch of code from 0.9.5. While working on that, I noticed a bug with the Attribute tooltips, wherein multiple Attributes would claim the same actionPoint on the tooltips if they were partially contributing to it. Strength, Intelligence, and Speed all give 0.25 actionPoints per Attribute point and that's causing issues.
Executor_
Explorer

Post by Executor_ »

0.9.4zx now available here

BASE GAME BUG FIXES
  • previously saved speaker settings were not being loaded on game start
UPDATED GAME BUG FIXES
  • the tooltips for Strength, Speed, and Intelligence were sometimes incorrectly reporting how many actionPoints they were contributing
GAMEPLAY CHANGES
  • added additional tooltips on the character screen
  • clown costume worn by PCs with the Raised in the Circus quirk can now be disabled by going to the Modding section in the Options screen

lexo1000 wrote: November 4th, 2020, 11:33 am Please could you also fix the ambush icon position? : https://imgur.com/a/oechGfl
That'll take a bit of work to resolve. I need to experiment with various possible fixes.
lexo1000
Initiate

Post by lexo1000 »

These new tooltips are great thanks !

I know that other Unity games offer a render scale option which allows to remove jagged edges. Do you think it would be possible to implement this kind of setting in Wasteland 2?

An other suggestion is about item weight display. Could you make the tooltip when hovering the cursor on an item show total weight when many of them are stacked and not only the weight for one? And keep standard weight in item description window (the window that open when double click on it)

Thanks in advance :)
Executor_
Explorer

Post by Executor_ »

lexo1000 wrote: November 10th, 2020, 4:13 am I know that other Unity games offer a render scale option which allows to remove jagged edges. Do you think it would be possible to implement this kind of setting in Wasteland 2?
Haven't seen anything like that. The in-game anti-aliasing setting doesn't seem to do anything.

You could use supersampling enabled via your video card driver. For Nvidia, go into their Control Panel --> Manage 3D settings --> Global Settings. Check off 4.00x in DSR Factors and set DSR Smoothness to 0%. AMD has something similar. Then start the game and in the Display options, select the newly available resolution that's 4x the pixels of your native resolution, ie. if you're running normally at 1080p, 4K will now be possible. If you're on 4K, pick 8K, etc. The game will be rendering at a much higher resolution then downsampling which is the best way of dealing with aliasing. As long as you have a decent video card, the game isn't very stressful on the GPU, and I haven't seen any performance problems with running the game at 8K.

lexo1000 wrote: November 10th, 2020, 4:13 amAn other suggestion is about item weight display. Could you make the tooltip when hovering the cursor on an item show total weight when many of them are stacked and not only the weight for one? And keep standard weight in item description window (the window that open when double click on it)
Right now, the tooltip is already showing the total stack weight on the tooltip. But I can change the description window when you right-click on an item to show the per item weight.
lexo1000
Initiate

Post by lexo1000 »

Unfortunately, DSR doesn't work in this game (same for all Unity engine based games in fact). You can select an higher resolution in option menu but the game keep the native resolution so no change at all. https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/d ... y-3d/44248
Right now, the tooltip is already showing the total stack weight on the tooltip. But I can change the description window when you right-click on an item to show the per item weight.
Yes that's what I meant ;)
alex33783378
Initiate

Post by alex33783378 »

Hello! Tell me, please, I want to increase all NPCs HP by two times, I was prompted to put in the maxHitpoints.mson file like this: initialValues: [

{
when: [Situation.NPC]
tooltipId: ""

subset: [Situation.Always]
operation: Operation.Multiply
value: 2.0
}
]
And HP has indeed doubled. But there is a problem, I go to a new location for all NPCs, HP has doubled, I save the game, I leave the game and I go back to load the save game, and all NPCs have health reduced by half again, but only half of the maximum health is shown, for example: 540 HP out of 1080 or 150 HP out of 300 And so all the NPCs have a problem?
Executor_
Explorer

Post by Executor_ »

0.9.4zy now available here

GAMEPLAY CHANGES
  • weight displayed will be for a single unit on the popup screen when you right-click on an item
MODDING
  • changing NPC maxHitpoints will now properly function; before, current hp was being capped at the default hp total during map loading
alex33783378
Initiate

Post by alex33783378 »

Thanks! Works

Return to “Wasteland 2: Community Content”