Wasteland 2: now with improved modding capabilities!

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

tearsintherain1985
Initiate

Re: Wasteland 2: now with improved modding capabilities!

Post by tearsintherain1985 »

I'm having issues applying the patch. When I try to apply it with the patcher to assembly csharp it errors, saying 'xd3_invalid_input'
Executor_
Explorer

Post by Executor_ »

Are you definitely applying the patch to the Director's Cut version? Which operating system are you on?
davoker
Novice

Post by davoker »

Executor_ wrote: August 21st, 2020, 7:27 am There's definitely some code to resolve the quest if Staal dies or the DBM takes control, but I think I know why it might end up being bypassed.

As for the quest items getting left behind, I can remove them when this quest is failed but a generic solution would be more complicated and require savegame changes. Ideally, the player would be able to un-mark an item as quest-related (after a confirmation dialog) to allow it to be sold/dropped anywhere. That way they wouldn't be forced to carry around unwanted/unneeded items.
The confirmation option for the mission objects sounds interesting as a last option, but if you can solve the error with Staal I think it would be enough, I haven't seen this error in other situations/missions.

If the mission fails as in my case, it would be enough that the mission disappears from the mission log and the objects of that mission are automatically deleted (or in its defect, that they can be sold, even if it is with a value of 1), my problem was that, the mission failed but was not removed from the mission log and the objects were still in my inventory.

Edit: Would it be possible to put in the description of the consumables "the effect" that it gives when eating them? the only way to know what makes a consumable is to eat it/apply it or look at the wiki xD

For example -> Sriracha

As that all consumables, give a description but do not know what effect has until you eat it, it would be quite useful to see it in the description of the consumable hehe

Edit2: After almost 700 hours, finished game xD for me is a masterpiece that can be played in many ways, in fact I will play later another new game trying other options of dialogue in the missions hehe

I'd like to make a request, it's an option I'd like to have because it would expand the "role" options of ranger characters, "the clothes", it would be possible that "ALL" the clothes in the game would be available for character creation..., the clothes you find only as loot apart from the default ones in character creation too, all of them.

This way I could create some rangers "God's Militia style" as the faction we see in the game in LA, or with clothes that you only see there and make a more "libertine" group xD is for character role themes hehe

Would this be possible? would it take a lot of work?
uac4000
Initiate

Post by uac4000 »

Good evening! What are your plans to further develop the modification?
By the way, is it possible to add a function for backpacks (for example, a bonus load capacity)?
magnus_ferrus
Initiate

Post by magnus_ferrus »

How i can change the music at locations? Or fix it. There is no music in the citadel and prison. No Citadel OST.
Executor_
Explorer

Post by Executor_ »

0.9.4zq now available here

BASE GAME BUG FIXES
  • eight hats that were available at character creation lacked a name or description
  • Brother Stahl's mission will be promptly cleared if the DBM take control of the canyon

uac4000 wrote: September 5th, 2020, 11:45 am Good evening! What are your plans to further develop the modification?
By the way, is it possible to add a function for backpacks (for example, a bonus load capacity)?
I'm working on an extensive overhaul, 0.9.5, but it has proven more time-consuming than I originally anticipated. I've seriously thought about breaking 0.9.5 into smaller chunks and releasing each sooner, but there's so many interlocking pieces and would require even more testing.

The clothing slots control the character's appearance and weren't intended to give any stat bonuses. But if you really want to change this, you can find the wearable item data in the "...\Mods\Export\ItemTemplate\ItemTemplate_Equipment\ItemTemplate_Wearable\" folder. The "Mods" directory location defaults to your game install folder, but you can change it in the Options-->Modding screen. There are six backpacks:
Wearable_Ranger_A_Packs_A.mson
Wearable_Ranger_A_Packs_B.mson
Wearable_Ranger_A_Packs_C.mson
Wearable_Ranger_A_Packs_D.mson
Wearable_Ranger_A_Packs_E.mson
Wearable_Ranger_A_Packs_F.mson

To modify any of these values, you need to copy the MSON file you want to edit into the "Import" folder, ie. "...\Mods\Import\ItemTemplate\ItemTemplate_Equipment\ItemTemplate_Wearable\"

In this case, since you only want to modify the item stats, you don't need to include any of the other fields, so the following will do:

Code: Select all

{
	statModifiers : [
		{
			statName : maxCarryWeight

operation : Operation.Add
			value : 25
		}
	]
}
That would add +25 lbs. to how much a character can carry.

magnus_ferrus wrote: September 7th, 2020, 1:32 am How i can change the music at locations? Or fix it. There is no music in the citadel and prison. No Citadel OST.
Hmm. There's no way to select the music, but it is indeed odd that there's none being played automatically. Need to do more investigating to find out what's causing it.
uac4000
Initiate

Post by uac4000 »

Thank you! Executor_
uac4000
Initiate

Post by uac4000 »

Hmm strange, the merchants do not update weapons if you go again, it seems to have worked before?
Executor_
Explorer

Post by Executor_ »

You have to leave the map and return for vendors to refresh their inventory.
Zerv
Initiate

Post by Zerv »

I use custom portraits for my recruits and for some reason since installing this Vulture's Cry won't show it and keeps her default. I've tried everything I can think of and for some reason only she is effected. Any Advice?
uac4000
Initiate

Post by uac4000 »

Executor_ wrote: September 11th, 2020, 3:00 am You have to leave the map and return for vendors to refresh their inventory.
I left the map and came back. Inventory was not updated.
Executor_
Explorer

Post by Executor_ »

Zerv wrote: September 11th, 2020, 3:04 am I use custom portraits for my recruits and for some reason since installing this Vulture's Cry won't show it and keeps her default. I've tried everything I can think of and for some reason only she is effected. Any Advice?
How did you go about changing her portrait in the base, unmodified, game? By editing the portraitName field in the save XML file?

Her default portrait file is named wl2_portrait_topekan_female_3. If you haven't changed that in the save file, try putting your desired picture in the "My Documents\My Games\Wasteland2DC\Custom Portraits" folder and set its filename to wl2_portrait_topekan_female_3.
uac4000 wrote: September 11th, 2020, 8:25 am I left the map and came back. Inventory was not updated.
A few merchants don't ever refresh their inventories. What's the name of the one that isn't updating for you?
uac4000
Initiate

Post by uac4000 »

Executor_ wrote: September 12th, 2020, 11:03 am
Zerv wrote: September 11th, 2020, 3:04 am I use custom portraits for my recruits and for some reason since installing this Vulture's Cry won't show it and keeps her default. I've tried everything I can think of and for some reason only she is effected. Any Advice?
How did you go about changing her portrait in the base, unmodified, game? By editing the portraitName field in the save XML file?

Her default portrait file is named wl2_portrait_topekan_female_3. If you haven't changed that in the save file, try putting your desired picture in the "My Documents\My Games\Wasteland2DC\Custom Portraits" folder and set its filename to wl2_portrait_topekan_female_3.
uac4000 wrote: September 11th, 2020, 8:25 am I left the map and came back. Inventory was not updated.
A few merchants don't ever refresh their inventories. What's the name of the one that isn't updating for you?
Sergeant Tobias Melson and Wastelander (Santa Fe Springs).
At least after returning, you could buy a grenade launcher again, but this is not the case...
Executor_
Explorer

Post by Executor_ »

0.9.4zr now available here

BASE GAME BUG FIXES
  • Ranger Citadel and Prison maps were missing level music

magnus_ferrus wrote: September 7th, 2020, 1:32 am How i can change the music at locations? Or fix it. There is no music in the citadel and prison. No Citadel OST.
The only maps where metadata exists for music but the actual reference to the sound file is null are:
AZ00_Ranger_Citadel
AZ04_ThePrison
AZ04_ThePrison2

It's hard to tell if it was done by accident or intentionally. Almost every map has level music, so it's weird that these major ones are missing it.

The Ranger Citadel map is looking for music called "RANGERS THEME GRAND", which I would presume is the wl2_mus_rangerstheme_grand sound file. The only other use for wl2_mus_rangerstheme_grand is during loading screens, but only a few seconds would ever play before that would complete.

There's two possibilities for the intended music for the Prison maps: wl2_mus_desert_day_2 or DESERT MUSIC DAY 2. AZ03_AtchisonCamp is the only level that uses DESERT MUSIC DAY 2. wl2_mus_desert_day_2 is used by quite a few scenes, including the Arizona world map. I've opted to use the latter for the Prison because as long as you've loaded any of the other maps during the current gameplay session, I can have the game store a reference to the AudioClip so it doesn't get unloaded and then play it on the Prison maps.

The music files are loaded automatically as part of each scene, aside from a handful that are loaded at game start and always available. Arbitrarily loading any sound file at any time would require quite a bit of new code, although most of that could probably be 'borrowed' from AssetStudio.

uac4000 wrote: September 12th, 2020, 3:59 pm Sergeant Tobias Melson and Wastelander (Santa Fe Springs).
At least after returning, you could buy a grenade launcher again, but this is not the case...
Using the base, unmodified Assembly-CSharp.dll, I bought an RPG-7 from the 'Wastelander' merchant in Santa Fe, left the map, and returned. His inventory did not refresh; the RPG-7 was NOT available for sale again. This might be intended behaviour, because IIRC, the default setting for vendors is to have respawning inventory. In this case, it might be to limit access to certain higher-powered weapons early in LA.
Zerv
Initiate

Post by Zerv »

I had them in my Custom Portraits from the beginning and it worked fine as long as you reloaded your save after recruiting them. It still works but not on Vulture's Cry for some odd reason.
magnus_ferrus
Initiate

Post by magnus_ferrus »

Executor_ wrote: September 12th, 2020, 5:34 pm 0.9.4zr now available here

BASE GAME BUG FIXES
  • Ranger Citadel and Prison maps were missing level music
Thank you so much! :)

I found new bugs.
1) I lost Br. Shapiro after completing titans quest and not at that gate: I lost him leaving Titans valley when you leave the valley they way you entered the titan area for the first time. He ll say I ll be back when you return and w8 here ... the only thing is that Br. Saphiro is gone (not at the gate, not at the entrance, not where you first found/received him).

2) In the Director's Cut Angela disappears after being dismissed. But, in vanilla she is in the museum.
Executor_
Explorer

Post by Executor_ »

magnus_ferrus wrote: September 15th, 2020, 7:50 pm1) I lost Br. Shapiro after completing titans quest and not at that gate: I lost him leaving Titans valley when you leave the valley they way you entered the titan area for the first time. He ll say I ll be back when you return and w8 here ... the only thing is that Br. Saphiro is gone (not at the gate, not at the entrance, not where you first found/received him).
Do you happen to have a save from around the time Brother Shapiro disappeared? It would make it easier to determine what's causing him to not to reappear.
executor115@hotmail.com
magnus_ferrus wrote: September 15th, 2020, 7:50 pm2) In the Director's Cut Angela disappears after being dismissed. But, in vanilla she is in the museum.
I recall reading that inXile intentionally changed it so she wouldn't return to Ranger Citadel if you ever dismiss her. I think I've found what they changed, I just want to confirm they didn't make any other alterations to her.
Hety
Initiate

Post by Hety »

Any chance to recreate the WL2 Tookit mods feature that allowed to save both AG center and Highpool using this framework?
astechX1
Initiate

Post by astechX1 »

Is 0.95 going to be compatible with the last patch saved games or do i have to start over to use festures ans fixes from 0.95
kullop
Initiate

Post by kullop »

Thanks for the mod, its great and I really enjoy it!

Two things that I was wondering if you could fix:
If you accept in conversation Ralphy into your party but then decline in the party window because party is full, he runs off to the place with the bike bomb and becomes an unnamed uninteractible NPC
His parents still think he joined the Rangers

In Titan bunker, if you load a savegame, surgeon skill becomes unusable on the NPCs in the medbay (invalid target), not sure if it applies to PCs as well or not. Appears to be reported widely on the internet as well as a general game bug

Keep up the good work!

Return to “Wasteland 2: Community Content”