Wasteland 2: now with improved modding capabilities!

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Shadow Jack
Novice

Re: Wasteland 2: now with improved modding capabilities!

Post by Shadow Jack » May 16th, 2018, 9:50 am

Thanks a lot, Executor!

Shadow Jack
Novice

Post by Shadow Jack » May 17th, 2018, 3:09 pm

Hi Executor, is parameter "maxStackSize" working for other than ammo items(e.g. weapons or clothes)?

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » May 18th, 2018, 2:09 am

No, only certain types of items are currently set to allow being stacked: ItemTemplate_Ammo, ItemTemplate_Currency, ItemTemplate_Stackable, and ItemTemplate_Usable.

Shadow Jack
Novice

Post by Shadow Jack » May 18th, 2018, 12:19 pm

Executor_ wrote:
May 18th, 2018, 2:09 am
No, only certain types of items are currently set to allow being stacked: ItemTemplate_Ammo, ItemTemplate_Currency, ItemTemplate_Stackable, and ItemTemplate_Usable.
I've tried to edit Assembly-CSharp.dll and if you add lines below to Item templates they become stackable(but I am sure you know it already). Can you make all equipment stackable in one of the next updates please? Stacking Items up significantly speeds up vendors with huge (modified) inventory. I can do it myself but in next version of your patch I will have to do it again. I can send you my modified dll but I suspectit is already obsolete)

public override bool isStackable
{
get
{
return true;
}
}

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » May 18th, 2018, 4:04 pm

I've been working on it, but it's a bit more complicated than changing a boolean. If, for instance, you drag a stack of trinkets onto a character's trinket slot, all of them will end up being moved. There's a bug in the INV_DragDropItem.Bifurcate method which only shows up if you make ItemTemplate_Equipment stackable. Weapons with mods attached also shouldn't be stackable.

Shadow Jack
Novice

Post by Shadow Jack » May 18th, 2018, 4:56 pm

Executor_ wrote:
May 18th, 2018, 4:04 pm
I've been working on it, but it's a bit more complicated than changing a boolean. If, for instance, you drag a stack of trinkets onto a character's trinket slot, all of them will end up being moved. There's a bug in the INV_DragDropItem.Bifurcate method which only shows up if you make ItemTemplate_Equipment stackable. Weapons with mods attached also shouldn't be stackable.
Yeah you are right, I 've just noticed it by myself that it is buggy as hell.

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » May 20th, 2018, 1:43 am

0.9.4n now available here.

MODDING
  • All items can now be made stackable; default values are in Table\ItemTemplate.mson

Make sure to delete your "Mods\Export\ItemTemplate" to ensure the game writes out the MSON files again.

Think I fixed all the issues with stacking, but you might want to do some testing as well.

Shadow Jack
Novice

Post by Shadow Jack » May 20th, 2018, 5:16 am

Wow, that was fast) Thansk a lot!
I have couple of questions if you don't mind:
How you can change number of enemies in random encounters? Because I 've tried to add a lot more enemies by editing msons but I think nothing changed but the description of the encounter on the map(see example below).
{
description : "<@>You see 24 dangerous raiders approaching your position."

outdoorsmanRequiredToSkip : 6
overrideScene : ""
requiresWSBoolFalse : ""
requiresWSBoolTrue : ""
encounterWSBoolToTrue : ""
rangedNpcNames : [ RE_Ultra_Raider_Pistol, RE_Ultra_Raider_Pistol, RE_Ultra_Raider_Rifle, RE_Ultra_Raider_Rifle, RE_Ultra_Raider_SMG, RE_Ultra_Raider_SMG, RE_Ultra_Raider_Pistol, RE_Ultra_Raider_Pistol, RE_Ultra_Raider_Rifle, RE_Ultra_Raider_Rifle, RE_Ultra_Raider_SMG, RE_Ultra_Raider_SMG, RE_Ultra_Raider_Pistol, RE_Ultra_Raider_Pistol, RE_Ultra_Raider_Rifle, RE_Ultra_Raider_Rifle, RE_Ultra_Raider_SMG, RE_Ultra_Raider_SMG ]
meleeNpcNames : [ RE_Ultra_Raider_Fast, RE_Ultra_Raider_Fast, RE_Ultra_Raider_Fast, RE_Ultra_Raider_Strong, RE_Ultra_Raider_Strong, RE_Ultra_Raider_Strong ]
venderNpcNames : [ ]
civilianNpcNames : [ ]
}

2 I've noticed that in \Export\DropSet there is no "Shotgun_Tier_2.mson" file. I've created one using as template Shotgun_Tier_3.mson(just changed item template from itemTemplate : Shotgun_Tier_3_2 to itemTemplate : Shotgun_Tier_2_2)
When I tried to add it to some dropsets(e.g. G:\OneDrive\Mod\Mods\Import\Arizona\AZ_BackerShrine_Herbert\DropSet\Dropset_AZ_BackerShrine_Herbert.mson) - game fails to load. Any idea why?

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » May 20th, 2018, 6:52 am

1. Random encounters need a wholesale rewrite. I believe there's only a limited number of Spawners and once it runs out it ignores the rest of the NPCTemplate names.
  2. Did you make sure to change the type field to DropType.DROPSET when trying to use your new Shotgun_Tier_2 DropSet?

Check the debug_import.txt file in the "Mods" folder for errors. You can look inside the "Mods\ExportImport\DropSet" directory to see what your DropSet looked after the game loaded it. Also, search for any exceptions in the output_log.txt file in the "Wasteland 2 Director's Cut\Build\WL2_Data" folder.

Shadow Jack
Novice

Post by Shadow Jack » May 22nd, 2018, 1:48 pm

Executor_ wrote:
May 20th, 2018, 6:52 am
  1. Did you make sure to change the type field to DropType.DROPSET when trying to use your new Shotgun_Tier_2 DropSet?

Check the debug_import.txt file in the "Mods" folder for errors. You can look inside the "Mods\ExportImport\DropSet" directory to see what your DropSet looked after the game loaded it. Also, search for any exceptions in the output_log.txt file in the "Wasteland 2 Director's Cut\Build\WL2_Data" folder.
Well I 've checked nothing suspicious in debug_import but there was an error in the output file.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

InvalidOperationException: out of sync
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2+Enumerator[System.String,UnityEngine.Object].VerifyState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2+Enumerator[System.String,UnityEngine.Object].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModIO.ApplyUniversalOverrides () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameOverseer.PostGameInit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Launcher+<DelayStart>d__1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » May 23rd, 2018, 12:33 am

Can you post the contents of the DropSet MSON you're adding?

EDIT: nvm, I think I know what the problem is.

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » May 23rd, 2018, 9:31 am

0.9.4o now available here.

UPDATED GAME BUG FIXES
  • modding: resolved crash-bug with MSON scene overrides being loaded on demand, now will always all be read regardless of whether or not they're used

Shadow Jack
Novice

Post by Shadow Jack » May 23rd, 2018, 12:10 pm

This have not fixed issue for me. I will email you msons and logs.

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » May 23rd, 2018, 1:51 pm

0.9.4p now available here.

UPDATED GAME BUG FIXES
  • modding: forgot to also apply fix from 0.9.4o to non-scene-specific MSONs

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » May 23rd, 2018, 4:33 pm

0.9.4q now available here.

UPDATED GAME BUG FIXES
  • modding: due to changes in 0.9.4o and 0.9.4p, the game was applying overrides twice for DropSets and AIWeightTemplates, the first time too early. While not affecting anything in-game, this was leading to error spam in the debug_import.txt file.

tmn
Initiate

Post by tmn » May 24th, 2018, 5:51 am

Sometimes melee attacks cost 0 AP for no reason. It's likely because of the self defence or attack of opportunity perk. I order Corran Cain to perform a precision strike with a bladed weapon, he moves into melee range, hits, and after that he can attack for 0 AP (over and over). Opening character screen or ending the turn resets the cost. 0.9.4l, haven't checked with the original.

I suggest taking into account difficulty modifier, when displaying weapon damage in the HUD.

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » May 24th, 2018, 1:54 pm

0.9.4r now available here.

UPDATED GAME BUG FIXES
  • doing a precision strike with a melee weapon while not starting adjacent to the target was resulting in the attack point cost being incorrectly calculated as 0

tmn wrote:
May 24th, 2018, 5:51 am
I suggest taking into account difficulty modifier, when displaying weapon damage in the HUD.
The only problem is that the damage adjustment due to difficulty is situational. If you hit a friendly target because a shot went astray, you do regular, un-modified damage. Similarly, if a NPC hits an ally by accident, they do normal damage. Damage is only adjusted by difficulty if a PC hits a non-PC target, or if a PC is hit by a non-PC.