Wasteland 2: now with improved modding capabilities!

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

ss7877
Initiate

Re: Wasteland 2: now with improved modding capabilities!

Post by ss7877 » March 29th, 2018, 10:51 am

Executor_ wrote:
March 28th, 2018, 3:57 pm
The Gunner perk, as per inXile's implementation, affects all ranged weapons that have burst fire.

As for the perk text showing up erroneously on weapons that don't have any burst fire mode: I'll try to fix that in 0.9.5 by adding a new field to allowedItems.
You are right. I resolved this problem by making the perk work only with Assault Rifles.

ss7877
Initiate

Post by ss7877 » April 5th, 2018, 2:24 pm

Hi Executor.
I think, that I found another bug of DELTA patch - sometimes enemies do extra large damage to squad members (Normal Difficulty).

E.g. In Baldwin Hill I saw damage numbers to the point of 666 from CotC Cutter (below screen with 528 dmg)
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 7A0161AF1/

468 DMG from CotC Gunner
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 46F634DD1/

Testing without DELTA give me the numbers below 300 even with crits.

Can it be something similar to the previous problem with double damage from PC to NPC, when armorPen >= target's armor?

P.S. My save for testing
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oLhJ1 ... GZeA1cI13v

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » April 6th, 2018, 2:20 am

0.9.4h now available here.

UPDATED GAME BUG FIXES
  • fixed issue with NPC criticalHitDamageMultiplier being incorrectly calculated; was meant to be replacing the value from the ItemTemplate rather than adding to it

ss7877
Initiate

Post by ss7877 » April 6th, 2018, 11:49 am

Executor_ wrote:
April 6th, 2018, 2:20 am
0.9.4h now available here.

UPDATED GAME BUG FIXES
  • fixed issue with NPC criticalHitDamageMultiplier being incorrectly calculated; was meant to be replacing the value from the ItemTemplate rather than adding to it
And again thanks for the quick fix.

P.S. A small follow-up question on another topic. Is that okay?

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » April 6th, 2018, 12:44 pm

Thought I fixed that issue with the Asshole quirk. Guess not. I'll look into it again for 0.9.5, since I'm redoing some of the code for Attributes/Skills anyway.

ss7877
Initiate

Post by ss7877 » April 7th, 2018, 4:03 am

Executor_ wrote:
April 6th, 2018, 12:44 pm
Thought I fixed that issue with the Asshole quirk. Guess not. I'll look into it again for 0.9.5, since I'm redoing some of the code for Attributes/Skills anyway.
It's a pity that only in 0.9.5.
I am planning to stay my mod with ver 0.9.4xxx of DELTA patch, as a well tested and stable build without changes of game mechanic.

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » April 7th, 2018, 12:38 pm

Depending on the bug, I might be able to backport the fix to 0.9.4. It's solely a display issue, right? Or have you had any problems using Hard Ass?

Dr_Robert
Initiate

Post by Dr_Robert » April 9th, 2018, 8:20 am

Relatively new to the game & brand new to this forum, registered today to respond to this thread. First, Executor_, it's pretty awesome that this is still in active development. Thanks!

I installed your latest release over the weekend, to enable support for scramjetbooster's Character Creation Dress Up mod. Game is otherwise unchanged from the latest Steam version. I started a new game from scratch after installing both mods.

Anyway, I'm seeing an issue similar to that reported by ss7877. I figured an additional bug report could help narrow down the problem.

Character 1: Smart* 0, no points or perk.
Character 2: Kiss* w/ perk.
Character 3: Smart* w/ perk.
Character 4: Hard* w/ perk.

The first one is particularly strange, as that character does not/has never had points invested in Smart*, has never had the associated perk, and has never equipped a trinket granting points in Smart* (actually, he's got the Aesthetic quirk, so he's never equipped a trinket of any kind). Yet it's still showing up in Learned Skills with a value of 0. Very odd.

I don't know exactly when the issue appeared, but I noticed it sometime after I invested additional points in social skills and picked up the associated perks at level 4 (level 8 for Angela Deth).

This seems to be a display issue only, but I've only had one Hard* dialogue check since I noticed the problem (it succeeded), so I don't really have enough info to say for sure one way or another.

Thanks again!

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » April 9th, 2018, 11:35 am

Do you have a save you could email me please, Dr_Robert? Because I haven't been able to replicate the bug and I can't tell what's causing it just from the screenshots.

Saved games are stored in the "Documents\My Games\Wasteland2DC\Save Games" directory. My email address is executor115@hotmail.com

Dr_Robert
Initiate

Post by Dr_Robert » April 9th, 2018, 11:55 am

No problem. I'll send you my current save today after work. Edit: sent.

ss7877
Initiate

Post by ss7877 » April 10th, 2018, 12:39 am

Executor_ wrote:
April 7th, 2018, 12:38 pm
Depending on the bug, I might be able to backport the fix to 0.9.4. It's solely a display issue, right? Or have you had any problems using Hard Ass?
I think, it's solely a display issue.

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » April 10th, 2018, 3:24 am

0.9.4i now available here.

UPDATED GAME BUG FIXES
  • a discrepancy between the displayed numerical Skill level and the progress bar (the row of boxes) would sometimes occur if a perk or quirk was adjusting the Skill level
  • fixed potential crash bug during character creation related to above
  • resolved tooltip issue with Trait_Asshole quirk

Temporary Attribute/Skill modifiers (such as those from items or StatusEffects) are not supposed to affect the progress bar, while permanent modifiers from Traits (ie. perks/quirks) should. The point cost to raise a Skill is never affected by either. A perk that increased a character's Intelligence score from 7 to 8 would also increase the amount of Skill points gained per level. A trinket or StatusEffect would not. Permanent modifiers also count towards the requirements for unlocking perks.

ss7877
Initiate

Post by ss7877 » April 10th, 2018, 12:58 pm

Executor_ wrote:
April 10th, 2018, 3:24 am
0.9.4i now available here.
Thanks, but I found another strange bug with DELTA patch (tested in 0.9.4i and 0.9.4h). No problem in original W2DC.
Salt Lake Park - trade with Alex Dupre

P.S. My save
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hvS_p ... i4QfRm4KWR

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » April 11th, 2018, 1:44 am

0.9.4j now available here.

UPDATED GAME BUG FIXES
  • no more NullReferenceExceptions when vendor is not a Mob, such as in Salt Lake Park

ss7877
Initiate

Post by ss7877 » April 11th, 2018, 4:10 am

Executor_ wrote:
April 11th, 2018, 1:44 am
0.9.4j now available here.

UPDATED GAME BUG FIXES
  • no more NullReferenceExceptions when vendor is not a Mob, such as in Salt Lake Park
And thanks again. I'll test it when come to home.

P.S. Can you tell me, pls, how to add The Malinator to Jean Rambeau trader (to buy) or closed crate behind him?
https://wasteland.gamepedia.com/The_Mailinator
https://wasteland.gamepedia.com/Jean_Rambeau

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » April 11th, 2018, 5:15 am

If you check the "Mods\Export\" folder, there'll be a "LosAngeles\CA06_Hollywood\" directory once you load the map. Then it's just a matter of looking through the files in there to determine which you need to modify.

TO EDIT RAMBEAU'S VENDOR INVENTORY
In "Mods\Import\LosAngeles\CA06_Hollywood\VendorSet\", create a file named E14 - Rambeau Vendor.mson with the following contents:

Code: Select all

{
	skus &: [
		{
			itemTemplate : MachineGun_Tier_5_1_TheMailinator
			count : 1
			isCharismaItem : false

isRestockable : false
			DaysPerRestock : 1.0
			minReplenish : 1
			maxReplenish : 1
		}
	]
}
TO MODIFY THE CRATE BEHIND RAMBEAU
In "Mods\Import\LosAngeles\CA06_Hollywood\DropSet\", create a file named Tier_6_GunCrate_Rambeau.mson with the following contents:

{
	associatedSkill : DropSkills.NONE                        // skill level determined by 'minSkill' in a Drop object

drops : [
		{
			minSkill : 0

chanceToDrop : 100
			minRolls : 1
			maxRolls : 1

dropClass : 1
			dropItems : [
				{
					type : DropType.DROPSET                      // determines whether 'item' or 'dropset' will be used
					itemTemplate : null
					dropSet : "Tier 6 Weapons"

percent : 100                                // chance to drop
					min : 4                                      // minimum quantity dropped; item must be stackable else ignored
					max : 8                                      // maximum quantity dropped; item must be stackable else ignored
				}
				{
					type : DropType.ITEM                      // determines whether 'item' or 'dropset' will be used
					dropSet : null

percent : 100                                // chance to drop
					min : 1                                      // minimum quantity dropped; item must be stackable else ignored
					max : 1                                      // maximum quantity dropped; item must be stackable else ignored
				}
			]
		}
	]
}
In "Mods\Import\LosAngeles\CA06_Hollywood\Interactable\Drama\PropObject\InteractableObject\InteractableInventoryObject\InventoryObject_Fragile\CA6_RambeausLoot\", create a file named Simple_Crate_a012d372-a7ce-4e49-98f6-e3a564513a0d.mson with the following contents:

{
	myDropSet : Tier_6_GunCrate_Rambeau
}

I haven't tested these since I'd need a proper savegame from Hollywood, but they should work. *crosses fingers*

Shadow Jack
Initiate

Post by Shadow Jack » April 13th, 2018, 5:12 am

Hi Executor, Is it possible to use veteran characters after applying Delta Patch?

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » April 13th, 2018, 12:51 pm

Everything from the base game should still work. Are you having any issues using veteran characters? If so, then it would be because I broke something.

ss7877
Initiate

Post by ss7877 » April 14th, 2018, 1:34 am

Executor_ wrote:
April 11th, 2018, 5:15 am
If you check the "Mods\Export\" folder, there'll be a "LosAngeles\CA06_Hollywood\" directory once you load the map. Then it's just a matter of looking through the files in there to determine which you need to modify.

TO EDIT RAMBEAU'S VENDOR INVENTORY
In "Mods\Import\LosAngeles\CA06_Hollywood\VendorSet\", create a file named E14 - Rambeau Vendor.mson with the following contents:

{
	skus &: [
		{
			count : 1
			isCharismaItem : false

isRestockable : false
			DaysPerRestock : 1.0
			minReplenish : 1
			maxReplenish : 1
		}
	]
}
I haven't tested these since I'd need a proper savegame from Hollywood, but they should work. *crosses fingers*
Thanks. The method for Rambeau's vendor inventory is working if I load a save before first visit of Hollywood.
The only problem was the fact, that there were 2 The Mailinator in vendor's inventory.
I fixed that by making "minReplenish = 0 & maxReplenish = 0"

minReplenish : 0
			maxReplenish : 0

Shadow Jack
Initiate

Post by Shadow Jack » April 16th, 2018, 12:38 am

Executor_ wrote:
April 13th, 2018, 12:51 pm
Everything from the base game should still work. Are you having any issues using veteran characters? If so, then it would be because I broke something.
Well I did some research, it is "normal" behaviour for Wasteland 2 when rangers are exported from folder where saves with older(in our case vanilla) version are present. In some cases deleting old-version saves helps, but not always unfortunately. I'll test it when will do complete walkthrough with my mod.