Wasteland 2 Ranger Editor

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

OldManRaven
Initiate

Re: Wasteland 2 Ranger Editor

Post by OldManRaven » November 22nd, 2016, 2:57 pm

Drool wrote:It's not a mod. It just gives you an interface to edit character files. I suppose you could change all of Rose's stats to match Vulture's Cry, but it wouldn't change her interactions, dialog or scripting.
Right, but I rememebr a mod, I THINK it was this one, that I used back when the game came out for the vanilla edition, basically you could toggle on and off who was in your party and sort of add npcs to your party. I've been trying to find a simple soulation to this, but it's looking like since the tiny toolkit mod doesn't work on the dc edition. I'll have to just save highpool

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » November 23rd, 2016, 7:21 am

If you have a save file of her, you can just use notepad to copy/paste her section into your current save file, adding her to the team.
A bunch of raw recruits and you untied the goddamn Gordian knot. -General Vargas

OldManRaven
Initiate

Post by OldManRaven » November 23rd, 2016, 12:34 pm

BlakeStone wrote:If you have a save file of her, you can just use notepad to copy/paste her section into your current save file, adding her to the team.

Sounds easy, but I wouldn't even know how to find that or where, that's kinda why I wanted to get your mod working! Like, I wouldn't even know which file would I open and what I could copy paste from them.

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » November 24th, 2016, 10:22 am

After 468 hours of Wasteland 2 and 222 hours of Wasteland 2 DC, my passion for coding this tool has passed. It is far, far easier for you to learn how to cut/paste the save file in notepad than it is for me to add this feature to my tool. For me, it's not worth the coding effort anymore.

In the save game file (SaveGameName.xml) Your Ranger Party is inside the xml tags <pcs></pcs>. Each Ranger exists inside of <pc></pc> You can only have 4 of your rangers and 3 extras and your rangers need to be the first four <pc></pc> sections. Cut out one <pc></pc> sections (5, 6, or 7) of the member you want to remove and copy in the <pc></pc> section of Vulture's Cry from some other save file that includes her. Don't add or remove any spaces and save the file. BAM! New Ranger Party.
A bunch of raw recruits and you untied the goddamn Gordian knot. -General Vargas

OldManRaven
Initiate

Post by OldManRaven » November 24th, 2016, 11:42 am

I appreciate the help sir! Nah, wasn't asking you to add things to the tool at all, I just remember your tool having something similar to what I needed. It's been a while though, and I haven't played the game since then.

Anyway, I did as you said, but now no matter what I do Vulture acts like I didn't free her, and it looks like trying to fix the problem in the logbook entries doesn't fix it. So everytime I leave to the main map, or walk arounf in combat for a while, she'll ask me to free her. I think I'm missing a flag somewhere, but I've no idea where.

Anyway, I'll move this outta here since it's not adding anything to your thread.

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » November 25th, 2016, 10:40 am

I should have known there would be flag issues with doing something like that.

mentaltyranny
Initiate

Post by mentaltyranny » December 28th, 2016, 7:42 am

Under known issues, what does "Some Quirks add a Status Effect. If you modify one then you should use 'Cure' on the listed effect." mean exactly? I just changed my swordsman from Psychopath to Opportunist. Do I have to cure something? If so, how do I do it?

Also, I am seriously considering bailing on Twitchy for my combat medic. If I do, do I need to cure that too?

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » December 28th, 2016, 10:57 am

I put that bit of text in there because some Quirks give you a status effect. You may be familiar with other status effects like "Bleeding" or such that are temporary and go away by themselves. There are other status effects that require a Doctor to heal you.

Some Quirks assign you a status effect as well, like "Raised in the Circus". I added that message because if you edit your Ranger to remove a Quirk that gives you a status effect, that Quirk will be removed but the status effect continues... at least that's something I experienced. There's a section of my Editor that lists your status effects and you can see it in the picture on the download page about half way down on the main page, listed as "Health Issues", but if you don't have any status effects, then it doesn't show anything. If something is listed, there will be a "Cure" button next to it.

Carib
Initiate

Post by Carib » August 5th, 2017, 7:01 pm

I have used the editor and have had no issues except if I try to add a picture to it, it craps out. Other than that, it works when I am trying to make a well equipped and not too powerful team.
"I believe in gunpowder and dynamite!"

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » August 10th, 2017, 4:13 pm

Adding custom portraits is supported. What isn't working for you?