Thanks

For all non-gameplay/tech Wasteland 1 talk; sharing memories, discussing the setting, and general banter

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

HolyTerror
Initiate

Thanks

Post by HolyTerror » September 8th, 2014, 1:40 pm

Wasteland was the Very first game I ever played. My brother bought it. I know it is odd and some may find it strange, but wasteland 1 meant the world to me and my brother.

You see my older brother was Severly autistic and also had something similar to dyslexia. A autism med he received as a child cause some brain damage as I understand. We bonded over this game. First with me watching him play, then playing together. We could talk about the game etc. when he couldn't/ wouldn't talk about much else.

I have very few games that I remember like this one. There were other games I loved, fallout was close too.... I just have to say there is nothing that means more to me and my brother than wasteland. We still play it whenever we are together .

Without this game me and my brother wouldn't really have a relationship, my brother still has problems communicating etc. It got him into computers etc.. I know you may find this odd or strange. But I just wanted you all to know and thank you.

A game should be fun, but sometimes it means alot for many.... and it can mean everything to a few.

Now matter what happens or what you do in to future, I just want... needed to thank you.

Revolucas
Explorer

Re: Thanks

Post by Revolucas » September 8th, 2014, 9:43 pm

Amazing and heartwarming story. Reminds me of all the great times I've played video games with my older brother who has AS.