Wasteland 1 Mods roundup

For all non-gameplay/tech Wasteland 1 talk; sharing memories, discussing the setting, and general banter

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Brother None
Developer

Wasteland 1 Mods roundup

Post by Brother None » November 14th, 2013, 9:03 am

Each mod deserves and can have its own thread, but in this thread we'll round up links to mods for Wasteland 1.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Ice Cream Jonsey
Initiate

Re: Wasteland 1 Mods roundup

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » January 15th, 2014, 7:22 am

Are the graphics meant to work with the re-release of Wasteland, or just the original? Just tried the replacement for the player character, but I didn't see a change.
Check out the development of a new CRPG: cyberganked.com

paultakeda
Forum Moderator

Post by paultakeda » January 15th, 2014, 8:12 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Are the graphics meant to work with the re-release of Wasteland, or just the original? Just tried the replacement for the player character, but I didn't see a change.
Yes, they should. Did you alter the files in the save game directory?

WL1 save games are essentially complete copies of the game so if you want to modify them all you have to modify each folder one at a time.

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » January 15th, 2014, 8:18 am

I wonder if it would be possible to make a mod so that some of the buildings could look different, for example in Quartz. Or does the game files just use a single gfx file for a house which is then used in multiple places all over the game?
Matthias did nothing wrong!

Ice Cream Jonsey
Initiate

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » January 15th, 2014, 8:43 am

paultakeda wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Are the graphics meant to work with the re-release of Wasteland, or just the original? Just tried the replacement for the player character, but I didn't see a change.
Yes, they should. Did you alter the files in the save game directory?

WL1 save games are essentially complete copies of the game so if you want to modify them all you have to modify each folder one at a time.
Ah, that was it. I didn't mod the save game directory. Thanks, paultakeda!

Can I also say that this community is one of the friendliest and most helpful I've ever encountered? Because I am gonna say that. :)
Check out the development of a new CRPG: cyberganked.com

Revolucas
Explorer

Post by Revolucas » January 22nd, 2014, 5:45 pm

Crosmando wrote:I wonder if it would be possible to make a mod so that some of the buildings could look different, for example in Quartz. Or does the game files just use a single gfx file for a house which is then used in multiple places all over the game?
You can alter the tilesets but they have to stay the same file size or you have to use a crack on the .exe. Each map can use one of the available tilesets. So changing a single tile in a certain tileset would change it for any map that was using it.

naossano
Initiate

Post by naossano » October 7th, 2015, 7:56 am

Each time i click on one of those links, it says "page not found".
The first time it asked if i was from US and my age and it didn't eve let me finish before disapearing.

vv221
Forum Moderator

Post by vv221 » October 7th, 2015, 8:58 am

naossano wrote:Each time i click on one of those links, it says "page not found".
The first time it asked if i was from US and my age and it didn't eve let me finish before disapearing.
Thanks for reporting the dead links, I passed the word to the WL2 moderation team.
Meanwhile here goes an updated list: update
The links in the opening post have now been fixed.

3371-Alpha
Initiate

Post by 3371-Alpha » April 29th, 2016, 12:44 am

The download links to the "New Humans" & "Paragraph Easter Egg" mods are dead. Could someone re-upload please?