[Mod] simple cursor design

For all non-gameplay/tech Wasteland 1 talk; sharing memories, discussing the setting, and general banter

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Tets
Master

[Mod] simple cursor design

Post by Tets » November 13th, 2013, 10:06 pm

I dont like the design of the original cursor (the animated red hand), so i created a normal looking cursor (not animated).

If you prefer this design over the original one and want to use it, download the file and replace CURS in Steam\SteamApps\common\Wasteland\rom\data (make sure you have a backup of the original file)

Known Issues: Inxile also modified the cursor for some reason. if you move the cursor over the high-res pictures or into a paragraph-window, you see the old one.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-8290007/CURS.html

Lucius
Master

Re: [Mod] simple cursor design

Post by Lucius » November 14th, 2013, 8:28 am

I like that but it points the "wrong" way. It should be \ not /, imo.

Tets
Master

Post by Tets » November 14th, 2013, 11:41 am

yes true. the problem is however, that the original cursor also points towards right. i didnt tried ist out, but i think there could be some display problems, if the cursor points towards left. especialy because of the scrollbars on the right side. maybe there could be also some handling/accuracy problems. thats the main reasons the cursor points in the "wrong" direction. maybe i will look at it sometimes in the future.

kaypy
Acolyte

Post by kaypy » November 14th, 2013, 11:10 pm

It should be possible to set the override cursor to be the same as the dos cursor

Playing around with cursor.bin in GIMP, I came up with the following:
Cursors are in raw RGBA format
The file contains the 8 cursors in 16x16, followed by repeating the cursors in 48x48. It seems to only use the 48x48 from what I could see (I still get smoothed cursors if I turn of game smoothing)...