Who actually really played Wasteland?

For all non-gameplay/tech Wasteland 1 talk; sharing memories, discussing the setting, and general banter

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

hobblinharry
Novice

Re: Who actually really played Wasteland?

Post by hobblinharry » September 30th, 2014, 8:34 pm

i never played wasteland 1 and i never played more than the first couple hours of fallout 1 or 2 or any of the dnd RPGs (baldursgate, icewind dale, planescape, etc etc)

speaking of planescape, i also backed the new torment. why? because i always wanted to play the aforementioned games. i even have them all on GoG. but i cant stay on playing them. i missed the train. im not attached to them and with new games coming out i cant find myself to devote the time.

i was playing consoles when they came out. final fantasy and other jRPG games were my RPGs. didnt switch to PC gaming till early 2000s and my focus was on FPS games (halflife anyone?). and by then the genre was dead, the cancellation of van buren the nail in the coffin and the next generation of rpgs like marrowind were the new hotness.

so then wasteland 2 is announced. i had heard of the first game. i wasnt oblivious to pc games just never had a computer that could play them. now i can play this new generation of crpgs. this is my time and these are my games. and i have played wasteland 2 every day since release and have enjoyed every minute. really looking forward to torment and pillars.

akodo1
Novice

Post by akodo1 » October 3rd, 2014, 8:08 pm

I played wasteland on an Apple II GS. I read every page in the book, which included 2-3 different paragraphs that called you out on it, and half were red-herrings about going to mars.

I recruited Ace because he had rifle skill, and I was disappointed he kept his prisoner picture...but I learned to love him. I also picked up Christina the Uzi Chick and Mad Dog Fargo

Hellpop664
Initiate

Post by Hellpop664 » December 24th, 2015, 8:17 am

Played it 3 or 4 times on my C64. Couple times on DosBox too.

paultakeda
Forum Moderator

Post by paultakeda » December 24th, 2015, 8:54 am

akodo1 wrote:I played wasteland on an Apple II GS. I read every page in the book, which included 2-3 different paragraphs that called you out on it, and half were red-herrings about going to mars.

I recruited Ace because he had rifle skill, and I was disappointed he kept his prisoner picture...but I learned to love him. I also picked up Christina the Uzi Chick and Mad Dog Fargo
Those Mars paragraphs actually form a pretty fun story if you can assemble them in the right order.