Best way to resolve Rodia? What did you do?

Discussing the story & setting of Wasteland 2. Beware spoilers. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Zombra
Global Moderator

Re: Best way to resolve Rodia? What did you do?

Post by Zombra » October 13th, 2014, 11:42 pm

I'm happy with my decision to kill the Jerks at the gate, but I'm a little stuck at the distillery. I walk in and the Jerks open fire, plus all the Distillery Workers put up their dukes and try to punch me. It seems weird to gun down a dozen unarmed civilians, but as we all know, the only way to end combat is to kill everything in sight.

Any idea if this will be fixed in the upcoming patch? Or are these helpless workers actually supposed to be homicidal lunatics?

ZonkerBrainless
Explorer

Post by ZonkerBrainless » October 14th, 2014, 6:22 am

Screw the distillery workers, *spoiler spoiler spoiler*.

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » October 14th, 2014, 9:33 am

Eh? Thanks for being aware of spoilers, but I'm confused. Are you telling me I should just gun them down because of something that's revealed later? Or is there something even more broken coming up? :)

ZonkerBrainless
Explorer

Post by ZonkerBrainless » October 14th, 2014, 10:17 am

Distillery workers are teh bad guys. U shud shut tehm.

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » October 14th, 2014, 11:04 am

Haha, thanks. I feel better.

Proton Axeman
Explorer

Post by Proton Axeman » October 14th, 2014, 2:25 pm

Interesting.

I also forced my way into the town, but I didn't enter the distillery until waaaay after resolving the rest of Rodia, including freeing the Mayor and wiping the Jerk Leader, helping out the town doc, helping myself to choice items from the bank vault.

(who, sadly, did not drop an AK-97 if memory serves. ;)

When I entered the distillery, nobody went hostile, not even the Jerkette occupying Chris's attention or Chris himself...

Militant
Scholar

Post by Militant » October 15th, 2014, 9:35 pm

I gunned down the leather face gate gaurds and freed the mayor right away since he's right there.. That triggered a fight with all the named goons, killed them, no one else in town was hostile after that, not even the jerkette whore.

What pissed me off about this though was I had not even talked to the doctor yet about the diseasee but the mayor and everyone else in town comments how I failed to cure the disease!! Then I found the doctor and got the quest anyway!! Probably a bug.

Cognis
Initiate

Post by Cognis » October 16th, 2014, 7:07 am

The extortion system of bullets for entry pissed me off so a fight broke out when I refused payment. I killed all the Jerks and freed the Mayor. Not very satisfying from a RP experience but it was a nice way to show DR don't give in to extortion and threats.

If you don't want to pay but still enter you can get Rodia entry pass from Angel Oracle.

JoniOdin
Novice

Post by JoniOdin » October 21st, 2014, 9:27 am

Is there any way to convince Dante of Beatrices betrayal even if I've killed a lot of the Leather Jerks and they go automatically hostile?
I'm asking this because I heared you have to do jobs for the LJ's leader to solve this quest, which of course I can't do. They start shooting at me on sight.
But I'd love to solve this quest!

ZonkerBrainless
Explorer

Post by ZonkerBrainless » October 21st, 2014, 10:10 am

Yeah I'm curious to hear how you repair the radio towers after aggroing Rodia. Last time I checked there's no way to repair both radio towers without doing the LJ leader's quests, did they fix that with the latest patch?

frozyx
Adventurer

Post by frozyx » October 21st, 2014, 11:03 am

Afaik you can fix the radio with Mechanical Repair. Never tried it myself though.

Btw, you can play almost the complete Rodia map, finishing all quests but the last part of the last one (to show Dante about his wife) and still clear the whole map from almost all Jerks for a lot of XP and combat fun. Just spare Denglers house, b/c Dantes wife will be hostile and attack you. And she needs to stay alive to resolve that last quest.

7ucky
Initiate

Post by 7ucky » October 31st, 2014, 5:30 pm

veryinky wrote:Ok, think I managed to get the kitty litter out of Dante.

First I paid the 42 bullets to bullet grabber, gave .38s and 9mm because they're so cheap.
I talked to the doctor, got quest to get a microscope out of Angle Oracle.
Did the toasters, got head and shampoo.
You got the toasters that soon? How, pray tell, did you get the toaster in the building near the radio tower without guys going all hostile on you?

Ei Carumba
Explorer

Post by Ei Carumba » October 31st, 2014, 5:42 pm

Smash through NE (as you face the gate) fence as long as you don't go near the gate no one goes hostile, even when they are standing watching you disable all their alarms and unlocking their doors.

EDIT.. the dogs, in the locked building, go hostile, but not the Jerks, even when you kill the dogs.

Blindchance
Scholar

Post by Blindchance » November 1st, 2014, 6:30 am

I blasted my way through the guards after they demanded 70 or something ammo. Didn't let out the sheriff, stayed away from his office ( I cleared the building, but simply didn't enter the office itself ) and helped all the people except son of the sheriff. After killing off every Jerk and completing all the quests ( except the cure ) when I eventually lowered the cage with sheriff the only person who came around fighting me was the boss himself :D

7ucky
Initiate

Post by 7ucky » November 1st, 2014, 3:00 pm

Ei Carumba wrote:Smash through NE (as you face the gate) fence as long as you don't go near the gate no one goes hostile, even when they are standing watching you disable all their alarms and unlocking their doors.

EDIT.. the dogs, in the locked building, go hostile, but not the Jerks, even when you kill the dogs.
Strange, I can break down the NE wall without the Jerks going hostile, but the second any member of my party crosses the threshold, they turn aggro. I haven't talked to Dengler yet, so maybe that will help.

Scottyrock
Initiate

Post by Scottyrock » November 14th, 2014, 9:41 pm

This original users guide is great, as an added bonus, if you manage to get the 7 kitty litters before/during your angel oracle intermission visit which is pretty easy to do if you just wander around and do side radio call quests, go hit up hollywood and get the star and glass gecko bong from the toasters there, give the bong to Gekko for a +1 barter book and fix fence near rodia entrance for a neat shotgun (may have to do this after you restore town I'm not 100% sure on that one) Anyway if you complete fixing the town before turning in bong, they run Gekko out and you miss out on that book, not a huge deal but I'm a skill whore trying to get +10 between 4 main characters in every skill

Raestloz
Explorer

Post by Raestloz » November 14th, 2014, 10:48 pm

I'm curious, how do you speak with Mayor's son? I heard he could reveal something but when I speak with him (I only approach the distillery after Dengler told me to find the boy) he'd say nothing to me

I mean, he did say stuff about the recipe, but nothing else
My leadership Ranger is my medic

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » November 15th, 2014, 1:15 pm

That's all I ever got out of him. Oh, and comments on his perception of his own sexual prowess.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

Stansfield
Explorer

Post by Stansfield » November 15th, 2014, 4:05 pm

veryinky wrote:Ok, think I managed to get the kitty litter out of Dante.

First I paid the 42 bullets to bullet grabber, gave .38s and 9mm because they're so cheap.
I talked to the doctor, got quest to get a microscope out of Angle Oracle.
Did the toasters, got head and shampoo.
Talked to the guy in the crater who wanted the red possum, he gave me possum chow to to give red possum in crater, brought red possum to guy and he gave me kitty litter. He asks me to talk to dante and get his wife away from him.
Talk to Dante, he asks me to bring his wife to his shed. Temporarily remove pistol pete from party.
Talk to Dengler, exhaust dialog options until only wrong/not wrong. Say notwrong. He asks me to bring aguave cuttings to some woman at crater, bring back 40 bullets.
Synths attack town, I Kill them.
I talk to woman, say that I'll pay, bring back 40 bullets to Dengler.
Talk to Denger, wants recipe for tequila, go to crater, unlock pipe, kill lizard, bank heist. I just took everything, recipe is in there.
Talk to Dengler, he asks me to find Dante's secret stash, I say "not now".
Tell who's in the entry room to the building that Dante's stash is in his shed.
Talk to Dante, first tell him I brought wife to shed. He gives me kitty litter. Next I tell him that his wife is plotting with Dengler, and say he should come to Dengler's window.
Talk to Dengler, Dante walks up to window, I say now, I ask him to explain exactly what his plan is with Dante.
Run back to Dante's house, he says he's going back to Jim (I think, guy in crater).
Go to distillery get bottle, fill bottle with well water, give to named distillery water who wants distilled water, he gets sick.
Go to bar, talk to bartender, he asks for choral hydrate to poison guard.
Go to hospital, ask for choral hydrate, smart/hardass check to get it, go back and give to bartender, give drink to guard.

--intermission--
Go to Angle Oracle, give head and shoulders to guy talking about his dandruff.
Find baby ruth in toaster.
Ask doctor for PERMISSION to get microscope, win smartass check.
Get microscope.

--back at Rodia---
Give Baby Ruth to biggun for book.
give microscope to doctor, he gives hook, use hook on well, go back to doctor, he finds cure.

Now, you can either rescue the mayor from the cage directly, which will result in a very small battle with just Dengler and his 3 guards.

OR

Shoot a random jerk. Kill them all for massive loot.

Either way this complete Rodia. Took many hours to figure out how to do it in spite of broken quests and dialogs.
Bookmarking the thread for this post alone, good job veryinky! Nowhere near to this point but it's nice to get some advance notice.

Scottyrock
Initiate

Post by Scottyrock » November 16th, 2014, 12:35 pm

If you speak to the mayor hanging in the cage first, he'll ask you to rescue son, then you'll get a few new options to rescue the kid and he tells you to come talk to him when you kill his father and dengler, I never did that but I hear the kid just becomes the new mayor and you get 200 scrap or something insignificant like that.