The "What's this thing?" thread.

Discussing the story & setting of Wasteland 2. Beware spoilers. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.
Tartantyco
Novice

I've accumulated a few odds and ends that I'm not sure have any utility, or what utility they have so far, and thought I'd ask on the forum if anyone knows. Of course, I'm sure a lot of people have the same questions. So if your inventory is clogged with stuff you have no idea what is, post it in this thread.

My stuff:
Synth part
Banana Pudding (Update: Consumable)
Floppy Disk
Fertilizer Sprayer (Update: Quest related to Ag Center)
Turquoise
Owl of Minerva (Update: No apparent use)
Ace's Note
Log Book Page
Anger Management for Angry Managers (Update: Fluff text)

Find stuff you have no idea what to do with in the vast Wasteland? Post it here.
Last edited by Tartantyco on October 1st, 2014, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exogorth
Acolyte

Banana Pudding is one of a number of consumables that grant temporary buffs. Here are the ones I have found:

Pickled Daikon & Carrot - applies Pickled Health effect

Sliced Jalapeño - applies Jalapeño Hurry effect

Bottle of Sriracha - applies Cock of the Walk effect

Mystery Meat - applies Mystery Meat effect

Canteen of Milk - applies Calcification effect

Banana Pudding - applies Banana Pudding effect
Last edited by Exogorth on September 29th, 2014, 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gaer
Initiate

Fertilizer Sprayer can be turned in to Honeydew Lewis over at AG Center (if you saved it).
AyeBraine
Scholar

My stuff:
Synth part
Owl of Minerva
Anger Management for Angry Managers
I may be wrong, but:
- Synth part: sellable loot, junk (Mercaptain should be interested, but isn't);
- Owl of Minerva: seeing that The Provost is just a mind-***k and a jab at conspiracy theories, this is his fluff item; it points at Masons (goddess of wisdom) and corresponds with him citing Ovid;
- Anger Management: it seems that this is a fluff reading, comical lore about the bandit you've just killed; if it was a "toaster-type" problem-solving item, it wouldn't be readable.

MY STUFF:
Jar of Pickles (inherited from the KIA Chisel, most likely his fluff item; funny enough, now I'M the rightful owner)
Doggie Bones (from toaster)
Toast (from toaster, likely a joke item)
Walk of Fame Star (from toaster, likely usable in Hollywood)
Galileo's Telescope (from toaster)
Glass Gecko Bong (from toaster)
Sanford & Sons VHS (from toaster)
House of Pies menu (from toaster)

These are the items I haven't used at the end of the game. Toaster items probably usable in conversations, but I'm too lazy to scour the game again for opportunities (and open every toaster again). And I could have make some pop-culture loving hippie a happy man...

PS: I've also got 50 Hard-Boiled Eggs from some minor quest, for saving someone. They apply the following Status Effect:
As you see, it's very minor an incredibly short (expires on the next turn in combat).
UncleSporky
Scholar

See this thread over in the gameplay spoilers forum for answers to most questions on "what's that thing."

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=8139
Dark
Scholar
badge image for wl3badge.png

AyeBraine
Scholar

Thanks, just found it!
Tartantyco
Novice

Quest items:

Anybody know what Tinker's finger is for? Also, does Ace's Logbook have any use past Arizona? It's still in my inventory after I showed it to Vargas, and the Logbook quest is completed.
Exogorth
Acolyte

Tinker's Finger is the key to open Lexicanum's cage, as I recall.

No, no further use for the log book. I suspect retaining it is a bug.
Arol
Novice

At the campaign to retake the Citadel, the Highpool contingent brought something they call: Highpool Energy Water,
It apparently give a short increase in Cdn and 1 AP for a short time.
TANSTAAFL

Return to “Wasteland 2: Story Discussion”