Purifying the water

Discussing the story & setting of Wasteland 2. Beware spoilers. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Sphunx
Initiate

Purifying the water

Post by Sphunx » September 28th, 2014, 5:53 am

Is it possible to fix the waterpurifier in Highpool?
I read somewhere there is an engine that you can use on the car in the Railnomads camp or the purifier in Highpool.
Cant find it anywhere tho..

kesat
Initiate

Re: Purifying the water

Post by kesat » September 28th, 2014, 6:31 am

I'd take a look around somewhere near the merchant in Highpool, who removed the engine from the water purifier ... ;)

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » September 28th, 2014, 2:18 pm

Huh. I'd just assumed it was a reference to the first game.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

randir14
Explorer

Post by randir14 » September 28th, 2014, 8:04 pm

If you install the engine you're also going to need someone with a decent amount of Mechanical Repair for what comes next.

Blindchance
Scholar

Post by Blindchance » October 11th, 2014, 2:56 am

Yes you can, the engine should be near the trader's desk. You can put it in without any mechanical repair skill...but then it will start filling the room with fumes which makes the trader angry. After that you can fix it with mechanical repair. I believe it gives you exp and extra swing in the incoming voting for a new mayor.

category5
Initiate

Post by category5 » June 18th, 2016, 12:11 pm

Seems like a small glitch, but the water purifier in highpool cannot be repaired using the usual right click menu when examining it. I have noticed this happen in a few other places also such as the robot corpse in the sewer tunnels.

To repair the water purifier:
1) pick up the engine
2) open inventory and select use on the engine then select the water purifier
3) now that the water purifier is blowing smoke, click on the mechanical repair skill in your characters skill list in the bottom left corner of the screen. This is the important detail as right clicking to examine the purifier does not bring up the repair option.
4) after selecting the character's repair skill, your cursor will change and you can hover over the purifier to see the % chance, and click to attempt the repair