is peace with danforth actually possible?

Discussing the story & setting of Wasteland 2. Beware spoilers. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

kiddtaylor
Initiate

is peace with danforth actually possible?

Post by kiddtaylor » July 31st, 2018, 3:44 pm

i get the quest to cure the dogs, get him to agree to peace if i cure his dogs, i then cure the dogs, the kennel master praises me after curing the last one. but when i talk to danforth again he asks if i have cured them. i say yes. he asks colonel campbell "is that right" which campbell responds "sir! no, sir!" and then it immediately goes to an encounter. i don't understand what is happening as i've seen other posts that they did make peace with him.
if i don't talk to danforth and go back to the kennel master he says i should get to curing the dogs. the log still says i just need to cure the dogs to get peace....
did they change it so you can't make peace anymore?

Stuurminator
Scholar

Re: is peace with danforth actually possible?

Post by Stuurminator » August 10th, 2018, 5:38 am

Are you sure you cured all the dogs? The cure should be removed from your inventory when you get the last one. You didn't miss Reina, did you?

Shane
Initiate

Post by Shane » November 5th, 2018, 6:18 am

I am also quiet confused with this one. And yes i have cured all the dogs. But nothing.

kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug » November 5th, 2018, 6:30 am

I remember that I could make peace with him in one of my playthrough but it was years ago so sorry I don't recall all the details...

Gillsing
Scholar

Post by Gillsing » November 11th, 2018, 6:27 am

Stuurminator wrote: ↑
August 10th, 2018, 5:38 am
You didn't miss Reina, did you?
In Director's Cut (at least) you have to cure Reina first to even gain permission to go cure the other dogs. The dogs in the kennel can be kind of difficult to make out though, as they're brown animals lying down on brown ground. But surely anyone who's experiencing problems with this quest would check more carefully that they cured every last one of the dogs, and they're not that difficult to see if you look carefully enough. Use the Z key to highlight them if needed. If that is indeed not the issue, then... it looks like a bug of some sort.